home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls

09-04-2024, 07:08 PM   #1
akumachu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2, 2015 F22 228xi

Main gauge gone

Got my windshield replaced after a crack with OEM glass about two weeks ago. And then last week got the firmware upgrade.
Now the main gauge occasionally goes dark (gone/shutoff) when the car stops and then notification come on and says driver assist feature for frontal collision and pedestrian detection function is "not available".

I am not sure if it was the windshield replacement or the firmware upgrade, but either way when the main gauge going dark seems like a bug or defect just because the assist feature is not available.

Anyone else has the same problem?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2024, 08:10 AM   #2
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Don't have any problems with my car. But the windshield has not been replaced. I did apply the new firmware upgrade the other day.

My WAG is some electrical connections are marginal arising from the windshield replacement. Could be just a connector is loose maybe.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2024, 10:57 AM   #3
aerobod
Car Geek
Canada
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumachu View Post
Got my windshield replaced after a crack with OEM glass about two weeks ago. And then last week got the firmware upgrade.
Now the main gauge occasionally goes dark (gone/shutoff) when the car stops and then notification come on and says driver assist feature for frontal collision and pedestrian detection function is "not available".

I am not sure if it was the windshield replacement or the firmware upgrade, but either way when the main gauge going dark seems like a bug or defect just because the assist feature is not available.

Anyone else has the same problem?
Were the cameras re-calibrated for the ADAS system after the windshield replacement? I think a lot of the time you can get away with not re-calibrating, but not always (we didn't need a re-calibration on our Macan after windshield replacement, although it is listed as required).
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2024, 10:39 PM   #4
akumachu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2, 2015 F22 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
Were the cameras re-calibrated for the ADAS system after the windshield replacement? I think a lot of the time you can get away with not re-calibrating, but not always (we didn't need a re-calibration on our Macan after windshield replacement, although it is listed as required).
Yeah, safelite recalibrated it and even gave me a "certificate" about that.

More weird behavior tonight. Started the car and the screen came on with the G-meter in the middle (instead of the map that i configured). Check engine light yellow icon was shown even though iDrive said everything was fine.
Drove for about a minute then the gauge screen went black again.
Appreciate 1
aerobod4129.00