Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple VANOS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeagle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by carjoy View Post
M Racetrack Package. Anyone know what it includes finally? I suspect the Cup2's plus something else, but it's just a hunch.
"Also on the options list is the M Race Track Package, comprising the M Driver's Package together with the M Carbon roof, M Carbon bucket seats, interior trim strips in Carbon Fibre finish and track tyres."

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...m2?language=en
I'm surprised the Carbon Package is so hardcore that it includes (mandates?) Cup2 tires. That's another significant reason to make sure buyers really want those seats.
Can Cup 2's be driven in rain? Heard they are not as good as Pilot 4S but is it acceptable. I doubt if most people who get the Carbon Package are doing so to strictly track the car and never drive it on a city road in various conditions.
      11-08-2022, 12:24 PM   #310
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Can Cup 2's be driven in rain? Heard they are not as good as Pilot 4S but is it acceptable. I doubt if most people who get the Carbon Package are doing so to strictly track the car and never drive it on a city road in various conditions.

The car is so heavy that whomever tracks it will be going through tires frequently.
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2022, 12:42 PM   #311
cayenne444
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post
It raises the speed limiter as well right ?

Maybe we get to choose Cup2 or PS4S in the States . Would love some clarification from someone more knowledgeable in this area.

I've been seeing conflicting news in regards to this , not the option to choose that just my guess. But what tires it comes with
USA spec will not have Cup2 available.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 12:53 PM   #312
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconn14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post
It raises the speed limiter as well right ?

Maybe we get to choose Cup2 or PS4S in the States . Would love some clarification from someone more knowledgeable in this area.

I've been seeing conflicting news in regards to this , not the option to choose that just my guess. But what tires it comes with
USA spec will not have Cup2 available.
The Cup2 discussion came about when seeking to find an explanation for what the M Racetrack Package consists of. If US market cars don't have Cup2, then we're back to step 1 in questioning what the Racetrack Package is.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 01:03 PM   #313
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeagle View Post
Quote:
M Racetrack Package. Anyone know what it includes finally? I suspect the Cup2's plus something else, but it's just a hunch.
"Also on the options list is the M Race Track Package, comprising the M Driver's Package together with the M Carbon roof, M Carbon bucket seats, interior trim strips in Carbon Fibre finish and track tyres."

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...m2?language=en
I'm surprised the Carbon Package is so hardcore that it includes (mandates?) Cup2 tires. That's another significant reason to make sure buyers really want those seats.
Cup2 have reduced tred depth so even if you never drive in the rain, they're not going to last nearly as long as PSS. Cup2 are a track day tire, perhaps the carbon buckets are a similar type of sacrifice for everyday use and it makes sense. I just know there's a LOT of carbon bucket buyers that only like the look and never intend to track their car. They won't like having to plan on wearing through a set of tires in the first year of ownership.
Appreciate 2
atl_1M1520.00
Biimmer70.00
      11-08-2022, 01:06 PM   #314
cayenne444
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The Cup2 discussion came about when seeking to find an explanation for what the M Racetrack Package consists of. If US market cars don't have Cup2, then we're back to step 1 in questioning what the Racetrack Package is.
It's an arbitrary code for the factory on an internal guide that's meant to be for dealers and other internal uses and not people on forums speculating.

The package is named Carbon Package for the US car but globally it's M Race Track package, like in the global release, where it has Cup tires.

Other countries have the Cup tires, but they're not offered on the US car. So calling it Carbon Package makes a bit more sense since that is what it is.

Last edited by cayenne444; 11-08-2022 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 01:17 PM   #315
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's a steering code for the factory on an internal guide that's meant to be for dealers and not people on forums speculating.

Other countries have the Cup tires, but they're not offered on the US car.
What the hell are you talking about? The Racetrack Package is listed in the M2 press release. It's a feature you're paying for as part of the Carbon Package. The only question is what it consists of. Interestingly, you seem to be theorizing it's not really a feature at all!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 01:27 PM   #316
cayenne444
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? The Racetrack Package is listed in the M2 press release. It's a feature you're paying for as part of the Carbon Package. The only question is what it consists of. Interestingly, you seem to be theorizing it's not really a feature at all!
I am not theorizing.

It is listed in the GLOBAL press release and contains all of the same things as the US "Carbon Package" plus Cup tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Press Release
Also on the options list is the M Race Track Package, comprising the M Driver’s Package together with the M Carbon roof, M Carbon bucket seats, interior trim strips in Carbon Fibre finish and track tyres.
It is not listed in the US press release.

A "Carbon Package" is listed in the US press release containing all of the same things as the GLOBAL Racetrack Package minus the Cup tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW USA Press Release
Also available is the Carbon Package, which bundles the aforementioned M Carbon roof, M Carbon bucket seats in Black Full Merino leather with striking contour lines finished in the BMW M tricolors around the backrests and headrests of the front seats, and carbon fiber interior trim.
Despite it being leaked here, this Pricing Guide is not made for external consumption. Your dealer doesn't hand these out like candy to every BMW buyer.

Globally they call it Racetrack package, and in the US, for it to be called Carbon Package, the internal document includes the global package code so that when the car goes down the production line, they know what the US is talking about when they rename a bundle of parts.

If "Racetrack Package" was bringing any other significant value besides what is already listed, it would be talked about in the US press release.

Last edited by cayenne444; 11-08-2022 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
Biimmer70.00
      11-08-2022, 01:28 PM   #317
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Planting this here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-08-2022, 01:36 PM   #318
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

The all-new BMW M2. BMW Group Press Release; https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...all-new-bmw-m2

*Once again, let me remind everyone that each country has their own BMW Product Planning team. This is who SOLELY determines which features will be standard and what options are optional, standalone or offered in a package and what the package will consist of.

Quote:
Despite it being leaked here, this Pricing Guide is not made for external consumption. Your dealer doesn't hand these out like candy to every BMW buyer.

Yet, BMW centers provide VIRs to their customers regarding their priority 1 order and retail pricing is fully disclosed on those. Truthfully, pricing was figured out amongst individuals here prior to the one individual posting U.S. retail pricing and that was accomplished via Status 47 holders posting their VIRs here as well as on Facebook.

Last edited by T_U_D; 11-08-2022 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 03:18 PM   #319
cayenne444
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post

Yet, BMW centers provide VIRs to their customers regarding their priority 1 order and retail pricing is fully disclosed on those. Truthfully, pricing was figured out amongst individuals here prior to the one individual posting U.S. retail pricing and that was accomplished via Status 47 holders posting their VIRs here as well as on Facebook.
What they provide and what they are SUPPOSED TO provide are two different things, though.

The pricing guide is made by BMW NA, for internal use. If dealers show their customers, dealers should answer for their crimes when they don't know how to explain what wasn't created for the public.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 03:36 PM   #320
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
What they provide and what they are SUPPOSED TO provide are two different things, though.

The pricing guide is made by BMW NA, for internal use. If dealers show their customers, dealers should answer for their crimes when they don't know how to explain what wasn't created for the public.

Yet, BMW NA does not place “internal only” anywhere on the retail pricing as it is not considered confidential information. In fact, it is no different than what would appear on a Monroney sticker.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 04:11 PM   #321
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

In your version of reality, is BMW detailing to dealers what the M Racetrack Package is?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 04:11 PM   #322
cayenne444
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yet, BMW NA does not place “internal only” anywhere on the retail pricing as it is not considered confidential information. In fact, it is no different than what would appear on a Monroney sticker.
While it's not confidential, it is not made/designed/created for customers. It is also not accessible by customers unless their dealer gives it to them, as I'm sure you know .

If customers are nitpicking/speculating about what is on a document that they could not access on their own accord, that's on them and the dealer that showed it to them.
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2022, 04:14 PM   #323
cayenne444
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
In your version of reality, is BMW detailing to dealers what the M Racetrack Package is?
No, because it is a meaningless code that contains nothing additional to a US customer, in actual reality.

Last edited by cayenne444; 11-08-2022 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2022, 04:39 PM   #324
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No, because it is a meaningless code that contains nothing additional to a US customer, in actual reality.
Crazy theory you're conjuring up! Why would BMW add a meaningless code that contains nothing? Can you point to BMW ever exhibiting this behavior previously?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 04:44 PM   #325
cayenne444
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Crazy theory you're conjuring up! Why would BMW add a meaningless code that contains nothing? Can you point to BMW ever exhibiting this behavior previously?
Sure can!

For example, on G42, ZMP M Sport Package contains option 337 M Sport Package. This 337 code is meaningless to the customer and tells the plant to put everything in the package on the car. 7MM does the exact same thing, the name is just different than the US package name. So it's meaningless to you. Not to the factory.

Name:  2022-11-08 17_26_29-productPriceSheet_Ext_Retail.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro (32-bit).png
Views: 350
Size:  19.5 KB
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2022, 05:12 PM   #326
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sure can!

For example, on G42, ZMP M Sport Package contains option 337 M Sport Package. This 337 code is meaningless to the customer and tells the plant to put everything in the package on the car. 7MM does the exact same thing, the name is just different than the US package name. So it's meaningless to you. Not to the factory.

Attachment 3028499
You're talking in circles but let's keep going.

Now you're saying the M Racetrack Package does indeed have meaning… but only to the factory. What does the M Racetrack Package mean to the factory? What are they installing when they see that code on the build sheet?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 05:20 PM   #327
cayenne444
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Now you're saying the M Racetrack Package does indeed have meaning… but only to the factory. What does the M Racetrack Package mean to the factory? What are they installing when they see that code on the build sheet?
...the contents of the locally named (i.e. not the name recognized by the factory) ZJJ Carbon Package.

Explain to me how directly answering your question is "talking in circles" - please. I know you didn't expect to receive an actual answer and thought you had a "gotcha" question, but now you're just deflecting, since I showed you exactly what you thought didn't exist.

You seem to have completely glossed over where I showed you exactly in the Global and US press releases where this differs, and then again an example just like you asked for on G42 where there are meaningless codes used to build the vehicle to the spec the customer wants.

Last edited by cayenne444; 11-09-2022 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2022, 05:31 PM   #328
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

...the contents of the locally named (i.e. not the name recognized by the factory) ZJJ Carbon Package.
ZJJ Carbon Package lists it's contents. We all know what every feature is in this package is except one called M Racetrack Package. Then here you come acting like the mysterious ingredient is actually the recipe! 😂 Thanks for the amusement.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 05:35 PM   #329
cayenne444
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
ZJJ Carbon Package lists it's contents. We all know what every feature is in this package is except one called M Racetrack Package. Then here you come acting like the mysterious ingredient is actually the recipe! �� Thanks for the amusement.
Well, for anyone else here that can actually accept when they are wrong, please see the informed explanation of 7MM to put your speculation about the code to rest.
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2022, 06:18 PM   #330
SCCThree
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 Competition

You guys should just let it go. We'll find out eventually.
Appreciate 1
DrJLag420799.00