bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-22-2022, 03:26 PM   #23
giolanzarin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudumonkey25 View Post
Just got mine installed today. Loving the new sound. I put the Dinan intake on over the weekend and the AA catted Dp this morning.

Nice grumbles when off the acceleration and deeper exhaust note. Turbo spooling and blow off all got huge sound improvements.
Sweet! Excited to get my hands on that Dinan intake
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 03:30 PM   #24
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i x Mercedes CLS550

Quote:
Originally Posted by giolanzarin View Post
Super easy install! Under 30min installed. If you plan on doing strut brace make sure to grab the correct lid.

Check out the first 5min of this video for removal
and it goes in even easier than what they show because the airbox clips right back into stock spot
'22 M240i BSM, Shadowline, Black 791M wheels, Red Calipers, ///M Carbon Front Lip, ///M Carbon Spoiler, ///MCarbon Door Sills, Milltek Catback w/Black Tips, Dinan Carbon Intake/Engine Cover, AA Catted DP, Dalher Valve Controller, OEM+ Strut Bar, Red Start/Stop, Floating center caps, TLG Mud Flaps, Black Badges, Led Projectors, 50th Emblems, Carbon Diffuser/Mirrors w/smoke signals/Side Wings/Cooling Shroud/KIES fire extinguisher, Yellow DRL
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 05:13 PM   #25
giolanzarin
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Super easy install! Under 30min installed. If you plan on doing strut brace make sure to grab the correct lid.

Check out the first 5min of this video for removal
and it goes in even easier than what they show because the airbox clips right back into stock spot
Thanks for the link! Would you mind trying to get a videos of the sound the new intake makes?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 05:52 PM   #26
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the link! Would you mind trying to get a videos of the sound the new intake makes?
I'll see what I can do.

ALSO @mike@x-ph.com said on the g20 forum that the price of the AA Catted downpipe is going up in 10 days by $100; if you are on the fence, now is the best time to place your orders.
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=61
'22 M240i BSM, Shadowline, Black 791M wheels, Red Calipers, ///M Carbon Front Lip, ///M Carbon Spoiler, ///MCarbon Door Sills, Milltek Catback w/Black Tips, Dinan Carbon Intake/Engine Cover, AA Catted DP, Dalher Valve Controller, OEM+ Strut Bar, Red Start/Stop, Floating center caps, TLG Mud Flaps, Black Badges, Led Projectors, 50th Emblems, Carbon Diffuser/Mirrors w/smoke signals/Side Wings/Cooling Shroud/KIES fire extinguisher, Yellow DRL
Appreciate 2
      03-23-2022, 12:22 AM   #27
binarycars
B58 Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 1999 BMW M3

Quote:
I'll see what I can do.
Looking forward to it!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 02:37 AM   #28
BeemerBaron
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Are all F series B58 catalytic down pipes suitable for a G series? Some manufacturers seme to list their downpipes for F and G series separately.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 07:08 PM   #29
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarycars View Post
Looking forward to it!
Going to try again tomorrow. Doesn't really pick it up in the video.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2022, 07:17 PM   #30
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingray View Post
Are all F series B58 catalytic down pipes suitable for a G series? Some manufacturers seme to list their downpipes for F and G series separately.
I believe the f series b58 downpipe is the same

Since the DME can't be unlocked so if you do not want a Check engine light you need to get a catted DP (with good cats). The Active Autowerke B58 Supra/m340i DP works and has a No CEL guarantee. https://x-ph.com/active-autowerke-aa...tted-downpipe/

Or the CG Presision DS1 https://x-ph.com/cg-precision-ds-1-h...npipe-bmw-b58/ While they say it does not throw a CEL it's no a guarantee
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 07:18 AM   #31
TheJerseyDon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30M3,GTI,718GTS

Good video here on DP for the B58 even tho its for the supra we all get the point.

Appreciate 1
      03-25-2022, 05:19 PM   #32
akim89
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i x-drive

Quote:
Just got mine installed today. Loving the new sound. I put the Dinan intake on over the weekend and the AA catted Dp this morning.

Nice grumbles when off the acceleration and deeper exhaust note. Turbo spooling and blow off all got huge sound improvements.
I've been seeing on the forums that the AA dp will sometimes pop a CEL here and ther and that it's not consistent. Any issues so far?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 05:22 PM   #33
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE="akim89;28728934"]
've been seeing on the forums that the AA dp will sometimes pop a CEL here and ther and that it's not consistent. Any issues so far?

So far haven't seen one. Only about 300 miles on it. Even that short distance made the exhaust a little louder over the fresh install.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 05:57 PM   #34
H2O_Doc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, GLB-250, C7 Z51

Quote:

Is it "piss-off the neighbors" loud or still reasonable?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 06:06 PM   #35
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
I feel it's totally reasonable coming from a mustang with flowmaster pipes.

In comfort it's a little louder than stock and in sport/sport+ it's got a deeper meatier tone with more burbles on let off.

My wife hated my mustang's exhaust and even though she hasn't been in the 240 since the install I'm 100% confident she won't complain or even notice especially in comfort or sport mode with reduced engine sound
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 12:21 PM   #36
giolanzarin
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
Quote:

It is definitely not incredibly loud, it's not annoying and it'll definitely not wake up your neighbors. It's a much needed updgrade imo. I'm still gonna get a catback exhaust I think.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 09:04 AM   #37
Brett_C_F30_G42
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Garage List
Are there any catless DPs available to buy? I know of the catted ones but I'm looking for catless. Thanks!
2022 BMW M240i xDrive
Instagrams: bmw_2er_g42
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 03:33 PM   #38
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_C_F30_G42 View Post
Are there any catless DPs available to buy? I know of the catted ones but I'm looking for catless. Thanks!
Lots of catless out there (sound like garbage imo but you weren’t asking lol). I would think if it fits the g series m340 it should fit ours.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 07:32 AM   #39
Brett_C_F30_G42
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
Lots of catless out there (sound like garbage imo but you weren’t asking lol). I would think if it fits the g series m340 it should fit ours.
Thinking about doing a catless DP with the M performance exhaust (if they come out with it as promised). Or do catless DP and an x-pipe. Still exploring what noises fit best for this car. Looking for a good little louder than stock noise. Kinda need help in that regard
2022 BMW M240i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 07:50 AM   #40
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Thinking about doing a catless DP with the M performance exhaust (if they come out with it as promised). Or do catless DP and an x-pipe. Still exploring what noises fit best for this car. Looking for a good little louder than stock noise. Kinda need help in that regard
Someone above said that F series downpipes will fit G series, they won’t. Slight differences were found between F series B58 and G series B58 high output.

I came from a 2018 340 with the B58 and have never seen xpipes except for E/f/g series M cars. Never seen anything like that for a B58
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2022, 08:00 AM   #41
Brett_C_F30_G42
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
Quote:
Someone above said that F series downpipes will fit G series, they won’t. Slight differences were found between F series B58 and G series B58 high output.

I came from a 2018 340 with the B58 and have never seen xpipes except for E/f/g series M cars. Never seen anything like that for a B58
Yeah that much I figured. The differences between the TU and regular are obviously. Even different from the Supra B58. The M240i has the turbo in a slightly different place.
2022 BMW M240i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 05:06 PM   #42
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portimao Blue 2022 M240iXdrive

AA Catted Downpipe

Quote:
Thought I'd post this here as well.

I think I saw in another, later post that you are selling your AA downpipe. I was wondering why, if I may ask, as I am considering it as well. BTW I just bought my 2022 BMW M240i Xdrive from BMW of South Austin as well. I have no mods to the car right now. I am considering the downpipe and maybe the JB+ piggyback and possibly an intake. I had a Fabspeed catted downpipe on my 2016 M235i and it worked well, but eventually started throwing a CEL after about 10K miles. I took care of that with an AA ECU tune which added a bunch of power and was really smooth too. Anyway, for now, just wondering about your experience with the AA downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 10:17 AM   #43
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Could getting a downpipe void my warranty? I know they have to prove that the downpipe caused the issue but how likely is it for a downpipe to break something?

What other modifications to the exhaust do you recommend doing if I wanna get more sound out of the car?
Regardless of what people tell you here or how many times Magnuson Moss Warranty act gets posted. The dealership can blame a failure on your aftermarket part. But it would have to be something engine related likely. Its not like you can call the cops and force a dealership to prove something. You would have to take them to court or settle somehow.

You can run downpipes but if something major happens to your motor you need to take it off before going to dealership. One thing to also mention is that you will always have a check engine light on. Which I find unacceptable on a newer car.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 11:21 AM   #44
idontsave
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
You can run downpipes but if something major happens to your motor you need to take it off before going to dealership. One thing to also mention is that you will always have a check engine light on. Which I find unacceptable on a newer car.
Pay special attention to the bolded text. Just saw some guy in the B58 FB group post about how he blew his turbo on his G42 at 6k miles and the dealership is declining repair under warranty because he brought it in with a downpipe still on it.

Apparently he was only running DP and JB4 so it's likely the blown turbo could have actually been a warranty issue, but who knows. Hopefully it gets sorted out eventually but sounds like a nightmare to deal with.