bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-20-2022, 06:07 AM   #23
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfitat55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Thank you I'm sure it will be in the advanced area in Bimmercode as you have access to pretty much everything there that is editable. I'm not in that level of IT but I'm sure there are a few who can do that. One of our friends here is an Aircraft Engineer and coder and the go to guy for difficult stuff like that so I'm going to ask him to have a look and see what happens.
If it can be done with stop start and other menus it's just a matter of knowing where to look
Look like the G20 owners are getting it done via BMW with OTA pending. Not sure if this will filter down to G42 or our region. https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...297&page=5
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfitat55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Thank you I'm sure it will be in the advanced area in Bimmercode as you have access to pretty much everything there that is editable. I'm not in that level of IT but I'm sure there are a few who can do that. One of our friends here is an Aircraft Engineer and coder and the go to guy for difficult stuff like that so I'm going to ask him to have a look and see what happens.
If it can be done with stop start and other menus it's just a matter of knowing where to look
Look like the G20 owners are getting it done via BMW with OTA pending. Not sure if this will filter down to G42 or our region. https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...297&page=5
The latest BMW firmware is in March 22 and it retains that problem. It's here to stay unless coded out
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 06:55 PM   #24
bmwman4life11
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 s1000rr/ 2022 M240i

geez I guess im lucky that I turned it off once and its never come back on
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 01:43 AM   #25
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwman4life11 View Post
geez I guess im lucky that I turned it off once and its never come back on
It looks like this is a regional setting and you won't have to put up with this in USA, unfortunately we do here in Australia and no doubt UK as well
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 03:38 AM   #26
Crysis
Rep
Drives: BMW 330xi G20

Unfortunately, LKA (Lane Keep Assist) which the steering intervention is part of, as well as ISA (Intelligent Speed Assistance) are compulsory in the EU now. It will be even worse since ISA now is just an annoying sound given by the car when you exceed the speed limit. In the future there will be even more intrusive version, based on the upcoming legislation, to actually slow down the car as an intervention similar to the steering intervention. The plan is that like for the steering intervention the driver will be able to overcome this assistance and force acceleration. But this is what it is. Those of you who have these systems disabled is bacause the legislation was not in force and you could turn it off in menu (production or registration date). Now it is forced to reset each time you start a car. https://www.addsecure.com/blog/the-e...egulation-gsr/ and https://ec.europa.eu/docsroom/docume...ditions/native You can now easily Google these things. It is not just BMW. However coding this off in id8 or upcoming id9 systems (Linux /Android based) won't be that easy as similarly to phones you will have to break the system. Any changes in id8 or id9, I'm told, will require special BMW codes from the HQ. ID7 through Esys will be easier thus the guy I know also struggles to find in esys these new codes to get rid of ISA and the steering intervention in his car (despite of warranty).
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 05:05 AM   #27
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

It will be a sad day if/ when this ISA becomes mandatory.
It’s tough argument as you are basically saying I want to exceed the speed limit

How are manufacturers like Ferrari/ Aston Martin to name a couple going to sell cars if they are limited? Let alone performance cars like BMWs being discussed here

It really feels like governments don’t want you have a car
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 02:27 PM   #28
Crysis
Rep

Don't get me wrong, I'll do my best to adhere to limits. With all the heavy traffic it just now wise. Thus where I live sometimes these are placed in a wired way. And I liked the previous iteration of ISA which I found useful when just blinking rather creating this annoying sound (and it was meant to be annoying). I recall that some limitations like the once mentioned are not meant for some laxurious cars, but it just rings the bell that I'm unsure of.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 02:30 PM   #29
Crysis
Rep

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/8821213.pdf https://etsc.eu/opinion-will-intelli...o-its-promise/ some more materials.

Last edited by Crysis; 03-12-2024 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 0