bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-24-2024, 06:34 PM   #1
CTGT2005
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i

Audiotech Fischer Match Tuning

Anyone else here go with the bimmertech/Audiotec Fischer as an Hifi upgrade on your G42?

I'm trying to get the auto time alignment Calibration to work but it won't pick up my microphone Umik-1. Can anyone share their time alignment distance measurements for each of the channel delays? I'm assuming that there is some base BMW time delay calibration in the factory programming, so can't just measure actual distance. In theory if it's passing through the stock high level audio signal, the time delay should be zero on all channels.

Also how did you handle overlapping frequencies of the underseat woofer vs midrange? I'm using speaker drivers that can easily play to 100hz. Hifi system appears to have a HPF crossover on the midranges at 200hz that I can't bypass. The only way is to sum the underseat woofers with the left and right channels and vice versa on the woofer channels, but I'm pretty sure this is causing some really weird phasing issues on the input side. I could also EQ the mids on the input side, but it would take alot of gain to get the signal flat. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0