BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

04-06-2024, 11:40 AM   #177
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithe View Post
Any new info on M2 possibly getting xDrive as an option?

I think it's long been rumored that a definitive announcement would be made this September. Holding off on finalizing my '25 order until then for that reason.

My friend is a GM at a BMW store & is at a meeting in Las Vegas this past week, he was also hoping to get more info regarding AWD option.
Read the very first post of this thread, 5th bullet point.
Appreciate 1
lithe31.00
      04-06-2024, 12:14 PM   #178
lithe
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 GR Corolla, '17 Tundra

Thank you, should've combed that first page better initially.

Seems like xDrive is coming, hoping to get my M2 in a year...unless it isn't available until calendar year 2026...

Past: '19 RS3, '13 Evo X, '12 Mustang GT, '17 Si, '08 Evo VIII, '01 Golf GLS 1.8T
Appreciate 1
Ronin76741.50
      04-06-2024, 03:14 PM   #179
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
You’re describing an iPhone…

We should use the same logic. The only difference is how comfortably one can afford a car or an iPhone.

Both products have similar development cycle strategies: LCI dates are well defined, new models are always being developed and released. In the case of the iPhone, yearly. At BMW, an LCI happens every 3 years.

My overall point is: you can wait until the next rumoured version comes out. But, just like an iPhone, as soon as the rumoured version is out, a new rumoured version (prototype) is already speeding down the Nurburgring and neighbourhoods in camouflage.

It sucks if you want the next best thing but can’t afford the depreciation (I’m in that bracket). So let’s find the car we love, and stick to it.

Do you love the 24, the 25, or love the idea of the LCI? Find out, and buy it, knowing it’ll be fresh for a year or 2 if you’re one of the first ones to get it.
Otherwise, lease it and swap it like an iPhone.
You’re making some gross generalizations. There are always going to be significant jumps of features or cosmetics in certain model years. This is true with tons of different products. If there’s a particular like or dislike of a product’s features or cosmetics, timing is everything. As an example, the current iPad Pro offered next to no improvement from the prior version release. The coming iPad will have an OLED screen - something tons of people have been waiting many years for. I have the prior gen, skipped the current gen but will be first in line pre-ordering an OLED Pro.

Same with cars. Which is why I’m trying to discern if the CS would actually sport a different front fascia than the reg M2 in the same model year. That’s a yes or no question. Next question is, would they release a MY25 CS with the current front fascia, only to change it a year later when the supposed LCI is due out in MY26, with the almost-certain new front fascia.
      04-06-2024, 03:19 PM   #180
M2siast
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDoze View Post
You’re making some gross generalizations. There are always going to be significant jumps of features of cosmetics in certain model years. This is true with tons of different products. If there’s a particular like or dislike of a product’s features or cosmetics, timing is everything. As an example, the current iPad Pro offered next to no improvement from the prior version release. The coming iPad will have an OLED screen - something tons of people have been waiting many years for. I skipped the current gen but will be first in line pre-ordering an OLED Pro.

Same with cars. Which is why I’m trying to discern if the CS would actually sport a different front fascia than the reg M2 in the same model year. That’s a yes or no question. Next question is, would they release a MY25 CS with the current front fascia, only to change it a year later when the supposed LCI is due out in MY26, the the almost-certain new front fascia.
I missed you’re in the market for a CS. That’s an entirely different car I’m not interested in or in the market for, so I can’t opine.

I think it’s safe to say you get what you get with the CS, so if you’re in the market for it, just get it, because it’ll be a 1-2 year run and likely not see a change for this series.

Unless you’re trying to say you’re cross shopping the M2 and the M2 CS, to which I can only say “bitch, please…”
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 03:25 PM   #181
BroDoze
Captain
Rep

Oh I’m not interested in the CS. Too pricey for me (markup will be ridiculous) and gotta have an MT. I am talking about the CS because of the front fascia. Please re-read my posts.
      04-06-2024, 03:34 PM   #182
m2not1LE
Private
Rep
Drives: GTI, M2 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBro View Post
No manual for CS, maybe no manual for xdrive also..?

Kinda glad no manual for the CS lol. Won't be tempted.
Automatic cars are quicker/faster than the 6 speed manuals. More temptation rather than less in that regard.
Appreciate 1
Baller145.50
      04-06-2024, 03:35 PM   #183
m2not1LE
Private
Rep
Drives: GTI, M2 (on order)

Quote:
Oh I’m not interested in the CS. Too pricey for me (markup will be ridiculous) and gotta have an MT. I am talking about the CS because of the front fascia. Please re-read my posts.
Front fascia could change for the base M2 cars in model year 2025, though. Nobody knows for certain until the car is formally announced. I think we're going to see more "enhancements" than just the power bump.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 04:35 PM   #184
ayilar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: FWB

One question that I have not seen addressed (or perhaps I have missed it?) is whether any of the current G87 M2 colors might be removed/replaced as new colors are introduced for MY 2025. Would appreciate any information on this matter -- thx in advance!

Tag ynguldyn
2008 C350, Steel grey, 7A (sold)
2005 SC230k, 6MT (sold).
Appreciate 1
Ronin76741.50
      04-08-2024, 04:42 PM   #185
BroDoze
Captain
Rep

I hope Frozen Port Blue doesn't go anywhere!
      04-09-2024, 09:10 AM   #186
EthanEJC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Quote:
You’re making some gross generalizations. There are always going to be significant jumps of features or cosmetics in certain model years. This is true with tons of different products. If there’s a particular like or dislike of a product’s features or cosmetics, timing is everything. As an example, the current iPad Pro offered next to no improvement from the prior version release. The coming iPad will have an OLED screen - something tons of people have been waiting many years for. I have the prior gen, skipped the current gen but will be first in line pre-ordering an OLED Pro.

Same with cars. Which is why I’m trying to discern if the CS would actually sport a different front fascia than the reg M2 in the same model year. That’s a yes or no question. Next question is, would they release a MY25 CS with the current front fascia, only to change it a year later when the supposed LCI is due out in MY26, with the almost-certain new front fascia.
The M2 CS will be based on the current car so don’t expect any changes other then the cosmetic CS stuff.

LCI is when things will change slightly but the CS will already be about by then.

The first time was saw ID8 in the M3/4 was with the M3 touring and they already had announced the M4CSL which had the old interior and seeing the M3 touring with ID8 we all knew the M4 was getting ID8 the year after.

So BMW would definitely announce M2CS and then a year later announce M2 LCI.

Something that I’ve noticed with BMW lately is they are very quick with changes.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 12:46 AM   #187
BroDoze
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanEJC View Post
The M2 CS will be based on the current car so don’t expect any changes other then the cosmetic CS stuff.

LCI is when things will change slightly but the CS will already be about by then.

The first time was saw ID8 in the M3/4 was with the M3 touring and they already had announced the M4CSL which had the old interior and seeing the M3 touring with ID8 we all knew the M4 was getting ID8 the year after.

So BMW would definitely announce M2CS and then a year later announce M2 LCI.

Something that I’ve noticed with BMW lately is they are very quick with changes.
Thanks. Certainly there’s gotta be a Comp coming…

I can’t wait that long. Seems like we’re stuck at 400 ft lbs of torque with the 6MT, so can’t see too many more major power upgrades coming on the 6MT cars.
      04-10-2024, 07:28 AM   #188
EthanEJC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I can’t wait that long. Seems like we’re stuck at 400 ft lbs of torque with the 6MT, so can’t see too many more major power upgrades coming on the 6MT cars.
My feeling is the Comp will be the rumoured Xdrive car that comes after the LCI.

Which would make sense cause I believe most comp buyers for M3/4 have gone the Xdrive route, which is why BMW are even thinking about an M2 Xdrive in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 07:38 AM   #189
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:

There was an article from 4th quarter 2023 stating that they were doing away with base and making the Competition model as the base (is it true or not.. ). To me, just means they will put a badge on the "entry" level and charge more for it. Will see if I can find it

Edit: here it is.

https://www.bimmerfile.com/2023/09/2...going-forward/

Last edited by M_Power Rob; 04-10-2024 at 07:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 07:44 AM   #190
BroDoze
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My feeling is the Comp will be the rumoured Xdrive car that comes after the LCI.

Which would make sense cause I believe most comp buyers for M3/4 have gone the Xdrive route, which is why BMW are even thinking about an M2 Xdrive in the first place.
Yeah, all of that will move away from the RWD 6MT magic, that is the M2. I better just stick to my 2025 slot. I’m already tired of waiting. This is going to be brutal. Like November delivery brutal.
      04-10-2024, 11:47 AM   #191
lithe
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 GR Corolla, '17 Tundra

Quote:

So taking delivery of a potential xDrive M2 in '26?

Is an official announcement from BMW still anticipated in September of this year?

I don't like thinking about waiting that long, but I think I will when/if xDrive is confirmed...

Past: '19 RS3, '13 Evo X, '12 Mustang GT, '17 Si, '08 Evo VIII, '01 Golf GLS 1.8T
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 11:57 AM   #192
EthanEJC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithe View Post
So taking delivery of a potential xDrive M2 in '26?

Is an official announcement from BMW still anticipated in September of this year?

I don't like thinking about waiting that long, but I think I will when/if xDrive is confirmed...
I wouldn’t hold out on them being delivered in 26, the information was that it would be Financial year 26 if they are to announce an Xdrive model.

This year is a model update just a power bump and some more colours.

LCI would be next year I believe but yet to even see a base 2 series coupe LCI driving around.
Appreciate 1
lithe31.00
      04-10-2024, 12:04 PM   #193
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Quote:
LCI would be next year I believe but yet to even see a base 2 series coupe LCI driving around.
Don't count on it. Only confirmed model for next year is the M2 CS as of now.
Appreciate 2
EthanEJC199.50
lithe31.00
      04-10-2024, 12:08 PM   #194
EthanEJC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Don't count on it. Only confirmed model for next year is the M2 CS as of now.
Thought this might be the case, no point in really trying to speculate definitive dates until we see cars being tested….

But until then if people want an M2 they should just go ahead a buy one, still a great car either way.
Appreciate 1
lithe31.00
      04-10-2024, 12:09 PM   #195
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
There was an article from 4th quarter 2023 stating that they were doing away with base and making the Competition model as the base (is it true or not.. ). To me, just means they will put a badge on the "entry" level and charge more for it. Will see if I can find it

Edit: here it is.

https://www.bimmerfile.com/2023/09/2...going-forward/
Base G82 M4 LCI went into production last month alongside the competition models. Base M3 LCI SOP is 07/2024.

2025 M4 Configurator
https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...eries/M4/coupe
Appreciate 1
lithe31.00
      04-10-2024, 12:15 PM   #196
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Quote:
But until then if people want an M2 they should just go ahead a buy one, still a great car either way.
I've also said this. Aside from the +20hp for MY25 I don't expect the MT to get any more power increases. If you want a MT M2 either get the current model or wait for MY25 for the power bump and more color options. Only reason to wait for a MT M2 beyond that is for LCI which may not debut until calendar year 2026, TBD.
Appreciate 1
lithe31.00
      04-24-2024, 06:45 AM   #197
ChrisM4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Can someone answer the following two questions for me.
- Is Fire red a bright red like Ferrari Rosso Corsa? If not which colour is it exactly?
- What month would ordering open up for ‘25 models and what would be the target landing date?
      04-24-2024, 07:13 AM   #198
BroDoze
Captain
Rep

Ugh. There’s a nagging inside me that the LCI is going to be awesome on the G87.
I will have bought the MY right before the LCI debuts.
Are LCIs generally just a bumper cover change? Or do they involve fenders and headlights too?
For the OG F87s, what does it take to make it look like an LCI F87?