BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

01-30-2024, 11:43 AM   #573
GT3M2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, 996 Turbo, 1290 SDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoProfit View Post
Can someone vouch for Legendary Track Experience. I want to buy one from him but before I Zelle I just wanted to make sure im good to go.
He is legit, haven't bought but have spoken with him

TBH after seeing the Verus screen shots of the underside and the issue the outlet already causes with airflow on the bottom of the nose, I don't like this solution.

Hoping Verus integrates something nice into their splitter/undertray offering for us.

-GT3M2
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 12:25 PM   #574
TacoProfit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3CX 2016 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3M2 View Post
He is legit, haven't bought but have spoken with him

TBH after seeing the Verus screen shots of the underside and the issue the outlet already causes with airflow on the bottom of the nose, I don't like this solution.

Hoping Verus integrates something nice into their splitter/undertray offering for us.

-GT3M2
Can you link me to those screen shots?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 12:47 PM   #575
GT3M2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, 996 Turbo, 1290 SDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoProfit View Post
Can you link me to those screen shots?
Don’t have them saved but watch the phd aero video.

-GT3M2
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 05:24 PM   #576
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: Incoming G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
Got’er done in a couple of minutes though!

Bonus shot of the lowered air dam under the bumper for those who were asking about ground clearance. That’s sticking out a good inch or two.
These pics are helpful, thanks for posting. Seems the Mishimoto has an aluminum tab that runs in front and you remove the stock rubber spoiler and put it on the Mishimoto itself?

Appears to me that the Mishimoto is maybe 1/2 inch lower than the bumper cover lip? And the stock rubber spoiler is a little closer to the ground than its native position?

Now some ramblings and appreciate people's input: I'm wondering if the stock rubber spoiler was BMW's "protection" for the oil cooler, or more likely to create a vortex of low pressure over the surface of the oil cooler to help draw air through from up front (likely both)...Looking at the AutoID oil cooler protector that front spoiler is removed completely but their drop doesn't look like it hangs lower than the front bumper cover lip so maybe more protected from bottoming out. Which makes me then think the Zunsport doesn't mess with that spoiler at all, doesn't hang down and might stop a catastrophic impact from puncturing the oil cooler core, but I'm concerned that the mounting tabs will corrode after a couple winters and need replacing vs the "plate" options. will definitely be doing one of these...

Read...no drive, the manual.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 05:48 PM   #577
M2siast
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrt View Post
These pics are helpful, thanks for posting. Seems the Mishimoto has an aluminum tab that runs in front and you remove the stock rubber spoiler and put it on the Mishimoto itself?

Appears to me that the Mishimoto is maybe 1/2 inch lower than the bumper cover lip? And the stock rubber spoiler is a little closer to the ground than its native position?

Now some ramblings and appreciate people's input: I'm wondering if the stock rubber spoiler was BMW's "protection" for the oil cooler, or more likely to create a vortex of low pressure over the surface of the oil cooler to help draw air through from up front (likely both)...Looking at the AutoID oil cooler protector that front spoiler is removed completely but their drop doesn't look like it hangs lower than the front bumper cover lip so maybe more protected from bottoming out. Which makes me then think the Zunsport doesn't mess with that spoiler at all, doesn't hang down and might stop a catastrophic impact from puncturing the oil cooler core.
That’s great, happy it’s useful.

So the mishimoto air dam is an aluminum piece that would serve the duty of the rubber one in my estimate, but you remove the rubber lip from the stock part and attach it to the Mishimoto.

I don’t think it’s just 1/2” lower… I’d call it a full inch or more. It’s significantly lower than stock. Have not rubbed it yet, especially because it’s recessed (I’d hit the bumper before it), but some have rubbed it.
Appreciate 1
Mr. Hankey1028.50
      04-14-2024, 12:26 PM   #578
xps
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw M2

If someone is interested to know what happened to the car, i just searched my vin and looks like the car sold off at insurance auction as engine damage, then it is now on sale/auction with the engine probably fixed? Looks like it is idling and has 10miles more than what I put. It is also missing the front strut bar.

Insurance Auction-

https://bid.cars/en/lot/0-38460443/2...13DM06R8E09696

https://bid.cars/en/lot/1-49415934/2...13DM06R8E09696
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      04-14-2024, 08:38 PM   #579
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xps View Post
If someone is interested to know what happened to the car, i just searched my vin and looks like the car sold off at insurance auction as engine damage, then it is now on sale/auction with the engine probably fixed? Looks like it is idling and has 10miles more than what I put. It is also missing the front strut bar.

Insurance Auction-

https://bid.cars/en/lot/0-38460443/2...13DM06R8E09696

https://bid.cars/en/lot/1-49415934/2...13DM06R8E09696

This basically proves that a G? chassis vehicle with a catastrophic engine failure that requires the replacement of the S58 long block and both turbos is worth almost next to nothing because of the cost of a S58 long block and both turbos.

Final price without a working engine ~$2,313.
Final price with an engine that runs: ~$39,814.
Appreciate 0