BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-12-2021, 06:24 PM   #1
SiH1970
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Pro

Anyone have a Sync EV home charging point?

I wanted an untethered unit and have plumped for the Sync EV. Anyone any experience with this home charger? My installation not until 4th November so still time to change my mind!!! Reviews seem pretty good though….
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 06:33 PM   #2
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Gets decent reviews over on SpeakEv. I've still got to wait for Western Power to come and change the fuse from the 60's that's installed here, no one knows what ampage it is (Prob 60a) but apparently the fuse and tails on my system are from 67, and were meant to be replace in 2003!

So have to wait till after that, trying to weigh up what I want though, as ordered a Nissan Leaf for the wife as well, and where we live I can't get the ozev grant! Hey ho...
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 02:55 AM   #3
dextermcl
Rep
Drives: ix3

I've had the Zappi installed really good system that can tie into solar panels... comes tethered and untethered
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 06:23 AM   #4
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Just ordered the Pod Point myself, mainly because it's size and lack of bright light's etc. I have to have it installed on the outside wall of the property, with a foot bath next to it, so needs to be inconspicuous, they also have a locking port for it, which helps seems as it will be in a 'public' area.
Appreciate 0