bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-08-2024, 01:57 PM   #1
NiPe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i xDrive G42

Wagner tuning Downpipe experience

Hello,

Wanted to share, so you can avoid burning money like I did.
Shared the same note on Supramkv.com

Let me share my experience with Wagner 200CPSI downpipe.
I´ve purchased it at Turbozentrum in germany

This happened, and communication with Turbozentrum due to the issue found with the DP.

When I removed the downpipe today from the car, (putting OEM back for service appointment at BMW) I notice that the catalytic core have started to separate from the walls, and due to this separation there is also some smaller areas of distortion in the honeycomb structure, noting major but assume I was just lucky catching this at an early stage before any major faliure occured.

Downpipe have been on the car for a year and aproximately 6000km with OEM software, so this must be some manufacturing/material error.

Response in short from Turbozentrum, also in communication with Wagner:

No warranty can be claimed, must be either HP above stock (please note that wagner have introduced a note that catted 200CSPI downpipe cannot be used when car is tuned.) or pops and bang tune.
I declined this position, but Wagner remained non willing, and as well Turbozentrum pointing at Wagners position on my claim.

My car have not been software tuned, while this problem occured with the DP, but following hardware have been mounted to the car (wagner intake, Wagner DP, Milltek cat back exhaust)

Anyway, dont want to scare you guys running Wagner catted DP, but personally I would check the core so its not colapsing and block the flow for you as well, with all the major risks that come with that.
When listening around, I am not alone with this experience....

Never again I purchase anything from either Wagner or Turbozentrum, when they cannot stand behind their products.

Now I have gutted the wagner DP and running catless until I get a new quality product for my car. (with HJS)
Attached Images

Last edited by NiPe; 06-08-2024 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 3
MJH215731.50
kudos144.00
      06-10-2024, 10:53 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

im sorry to heat that OP, but thank you for sharing

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2024, 07:05 AM   #3
BG42
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Did it throw a check engine light? If not I would have left it alone. Did you have to take it off to go to the dealer?

I had some issues with a check engine light with my aa downpipe can 100% recommend aa they stood behind their product for me with alot less arm twisting than I figured would be needed. Was definitely a refreshing experience. Get an aa downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2024, 02:32 AM   #4
NiPe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i xDrive G42

No check engine light for me.
From an emission standpoint no issues at the stage shown, but in my own believe this will quickly get worse and start block the flow.

The switcharoo for dealer visit was just on my own descision, so probably not needed.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2024, 07:45 AM   #5
BG42
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Dealer has never said a word about my aa downpipe. I personally think it's a tad overkill to remove it for a dealer visit anyway. If it wasn't throwing a cel I wouldn't sweat it. If the cat did go bad I don't imagine it hurts the engine at all if anything the cat blows out and you get some more flow haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2024, 06:08 PM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG42 View Post
Dealer has never said a word about my aa downpipe. I personally think it's a tad overkill to remove it for a dealer visit anyway. If it wasn't throwing a cel I wouldn't sweat it. If the cat did go bad I don't imagine it hurts the engine at all if anything the cat blows out and you get some more flow haha.
+1
you dont need to switch the downpipe

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0