2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
That’s what I meant by “piggyback”.

For example:
https://www.daehler-tuning.com/produ...ontroller-bmw/

They hook up in line with the original valve controllers to intercept the signal, and you can control it separately, allowing you to open it fully even (which the stock system doesn’t do).
I have one of these on hand and will be doing an easy DIY install video soon. They work very well and are very easy to install.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 1
M2siast5963.00
      10-10-2023, 11:57 AM   #68
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
I know Bimmercode doesn't official support idrive 8 yet, but I figured it would work on some things, and I was right. I chose "M3" and it gave me the options I was looking for, like changing interior lighting, 5 flashes of the turn signal, brake force for extra brake light, warning screen, etc.

There's plenty of other tutorials out there about Bimmercode so this isn't a tutorial at all, just mentioning that it works with our cars in some limited capacity.

And a warning. For the head unit module, following coding and when it was resetting the ECU, both the app and my phone went a little haywire for some reason, but all was OK. Basically, I disabled all connections to the car such as bluetooth and even wifi on my phone. When rebooting from this module, the car reenable the bluetooth connection itself in my phone so my phone started trying to reconnect to everything which caused the app to malfunction. I forced stopped it, shut off the car, disabled bluetooth for the car again, reconnected, and all was well. Perhaps that happens with any car, but just mentioning it here since Bimmercode doesn't officially support idrive8 yet.

That being said, everything I wanted worked.

A shot of the modules that came up.

Ambient lighting control. Although in the app the default is "bronze," this worked with the "ivory" selection in my car."

I set upper to normal blue and lower to red, and it worked.

Just to show you the colors. Here I'm selected to ivory and you can see the blue.

And red at my feet.

Very cool on the red foot well working.. I just tried the same and didnt change the footwell lighting at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 12:26 PM   #69
yuzu
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Very cool on the red foot well working.. I just tried the same and didnt change the footwell lighting at all.
What is it set to in your actual car? The coding changes the lighting for the default setting (I think it's that bronze type color)
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 12:27 PM   #70
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzu View Post
What is it set to in your actual car? The coding changes the lighting for the default setting (I think it's that bronze type color)
I didn't try that, I will do so thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 12:32 PM   #71
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzu View Post
*laugh*

Confirmed, worked perfectly.. my miss was twofold:

1. Door was open so footwells go white light when its open.
2. iDrive wasnt set to bronze, and now that it is, its blue contours and red footwell thank you!

I might try the other way too, maybe red contours and blue footwell, either way thank you!
Appreciate 1
Baller151.50