BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Wheels / Tires

07-17-2024, 06:55 PM   #1
bucketfoot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW 230i xDrive

Garage List
All-Weather tires

Does any run all-weather tires on their 2-series (especially xDrive versions)?

On my past two cars I have run three sets of tires/wheels. UHP All-Season, Winter performance and track tires.

That said last year I put All-Weather tires on our Honda Pilot and have been 100% satisfied with them (Michelin CrossClimate 2).

I run all-season tires as my base tire, as we have huge shoulder seasons here in Colorado putting you at risk on summer tires. Thus I'm kind of debating if I go the all-weather or winter route in the coming months.

A big benefit of the all-weather option is that I don't have to buy a second set of wheels, but I'm sure a big negative will come when I eventually replace the OEM tires (Pirelli Cinturato P7) with UHP A/S tires. I'm guessing the All-Weather will be at best on par with the Pirelli in the summer and will get crushed by the UPS A/S tires.

I'm all for saving money, but tires are literally where the rubber hits the road, so I tend not to compromise there.

So if anyone has experience with All-Weather tires, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how they perform both during the winter and summer.
      07-18-2024, 01:13 AM   #2
FunnyUsername
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

Thinking of getting Nokian WRG4 or Bridgestone Weatherpeak tires but don't know what to do about my current set of summer wheel/tires.

Anyways, Michelin CC2s are the best in class for dry handling. Closest you can get to a summer tire without having a summer tire. There are better options for ice and snow though, and a dedicated winter will obviously be best.
Appreciate 0