BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics

01-25-2024, 10:40 AM   #1
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

IDrive acting goofy

Things I've noticed that are becoming little annoyances:

Climate w/auto program turned on: inside temp set to 74 & heated seats set to medium.
Remote start: heated steering wheel activates, heated seats don't activate. Outside temp was 37 degrees.

Regular start: heated steering wheel activates, heated seats activate. Outside temp was 68 degrees. Wondered why I was sweating.

Climate w/auto program turned off:
Remote start: heated steering wheel activates with any outside temp, could be 30 could be 75.

Regular start: steering wheel activates sometimes. Did this morning with outside temp 62 degrees.

Other issue, screen changing randomly. Sometimes it changes to the climate screen, sometimes the M mode screen, sometimes the home screen, & sometimes the media screen. It does this without any inputs from me, and at any time during the drive.

Anyone else experience any of these items?

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 10:34 PM   #2
M2siast
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Yes…

I find that it gets out of CarPlay (is that what you’re referring to when you say the car changes screens?) and goes back to iDrive in the screen you were in last.

I’ve developed a habit of pushing the BACK button to always be on the Home Screen for when it does its thing and gets out of CarPlay randomly, at least it’s on the Home Screen.

Cars should have infotainment screens as expensive optionals, so people like me opt out and just use their phones or CarPlay. They can’t do it, not sure why they keep trying to…
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 07:32 AM   #3
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

It's not just when Carplay is connected, it's anytime. I didn't even have my phone in the car yesterday and it switched from the home screen to the climate screen then to the M Mode screen by itself.

I'm also curious why the heated steering wheel is on every time I start the vehicle with remote start & the seats only sometimes?

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 1
M2siast5876.00