BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics

02-28-2024, 06:50 PM   #23
whatthehuck
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxon_Speed View Post
Yep Orella has plug and play solutions. Idk much about the install because they installed the system in my car. If you’re interested I could probably get you a discount.

BAVSOUND was alright. This is just night and day difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
I can help as well, and have installed the Bimmertech Alpha One speakers into my G87 (amp coming soon) along with all of my previous cars and a dozen others.

Massive upgrade over the HKs and absolutely worth it. I can also source the A1s at a discount if folks reach out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
I can help source the Bimmertech gear if you need it, shoot me a message.
I'm interested in all of this. I kept trying to convince myself that the system sounded good but it's just not working lol. Especially after the person I sold my Q60 to showed up the other day and I drove it again, and its Bose system sounded better than the HK setup in the M2.

I'm still trying to learn what all options are out there. I see Bavsound, Alpha1 and now Orella. The Orella kit looks pretty attractive, cause I'm willing to bet I would be happy with the stock speakers amped up and the under the seat subs replaced with something that can provide a little more punch. I'm not trying to do an SQ build here, just want something more than what I've got lol. So I'm curious what the actual prices of these different setups would be.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 06:52 PM   #24
Tuxon_Speed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 COMP XDRIVE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthehuck View Post
I'm interested in all of this. I kept trying to convince myself that the system sounded good but it's just not working lol. Especially after the person I sold my Q60 to showed up the other day and I drove it again, and its Bose system sounded better than the HK setup in the M2.

I'm still trying to learn what all options are out there. I see Bavsound, Alpha1 and now Orella. The Orella kit looks pretty attractive, cause I'm willing to bet I would be happy with the stock speakers amped up and the under the seat subs replaced with something that can provide a little more punch. I'm not trying to do an SQ build here, just want something more than what I've got lol. So I'm curious what the actual prices of these different setups would be.
I’m telling you, the Orella kit is night and day to bav sound. It’s crazy.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 06:57 PM   #25
whatthehuck
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxon_Speed View Post
I’m telling you, the Orella kit is night and day to bav sound. It’s crazy.
I'm digging the cost too lol, if I'm looking at the right one. Site says $1400 for amp and woofers?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 07:16 AM   #26
T4dey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2 MT

Anyone pick up the Orella set yet?

They only list compatiblity for the F87 and older.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 11:56 AM   #27
pvabeach
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i 2008 135i

Bimmertech Alpha1

Hi,
I've installed the Bimmertech Alpha 1 amp (..audiotech fishcer Match 8dsp) and the Bimmertech speakers/subs. Replacing the 'premium' OEM system.
Night and day difference.
Key is to 'tune' the amp using the audiotech fishcer DSP PC-TOOL PC software. You connect the amp via USB to computer and also connect a mic (ex. Mini-DSP...). Many options in the program but key is running 'real time analyzer'. I did the 1st tune myself with decent results but I then had a remote session with Bimmertech Support who provided the right calibration file for the mike and pink noise files. They spent over 1.5 hrs tuning the system and even compensating for my left ear hearing loss.

Last edited by pvabeach; 04-06-2024 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: note this was for my 230i, not 135i
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 03:22 PM   #28
RootsTootsMagoots
Private
Rep

I wonder what type of EQ can be done with REW and a UMIK-1 using the stock system. If you do the Bimmercode to unlock the B&O profiles, does that give you more control over the type of EQ?

Has anyone tried this? The stock speakers sound pretty good to me with just a little bass boost. I'd like to get a little closer to the Harman curve, though.

That's pretty cool that they EQ it remotely. All of these speaker upgrades are kind of iffy without any frequency response graphs accompanying them.
Appreciate 0