BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics

02-09-2024, 08:33 PM   #1
shehatezme
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Help! CarPlay not working

Bluetooth still connect but can’t get CarPlay to connect now. I deleted the phone from the car and reinstalled. It still doesn’t work. CarPlay was working up until last week. Not sure if there was any updates I need to look into?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 03:54 AM   #2
DomMuc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

like the other threas to this issue -- do a Headunit reset... press Volumebutton until HU restarts
Appreciate 2
DBV778.50
      02-11-2024, 06:00 AM   #3
DBV
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G20 330d, Brabus Smart

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [8.75]
2018 Brabus Smart  [0.00]
2021 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Unfortunately this has been a BMW issue since the 2018 7 Series I rented, they can't seem to get the iphone and idrive to harmonize. Granted, it's not as frequent as in the past, but annoying nonetheless.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 11:59 AM   #4
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

The headunit reset didn't work for me.
Also check that your phone needs updated. I got into both my wife's X3MC (idrive 7) and my M2 yesterday and my phone wouldn't connect. I received a message that said "this bluetooth version is no longer supported".

I checked my phone, which didn't tell me any updates were needed but then I searched for an update and there it was. Updated the phone to 17.3.1 and everything works again in both vehicles.

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 02:18 AM   #5
NealfromNZ
Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Also find on phone under IOS settings CarPlay and find the bmw settings. Delete it. Also check under iOS settings Bluetooth and see if there is a BMW entry. If so delete it. From there you should be able to start the pairing / CarPlay process again on idrive and phone.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 03:32 PM   #6
LeGoAuToPiLoT
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

I have had this twice. I set it up initially and then one day the CarPlay randomly just is blank and only the home icon is there in the upper left corner.

First time to fix it all I had to do was reset the car system. The second time that didn't work even after two tries and I got the bluetooth version message, so i decided to go full monty and do it this way. Granted, it's ridiculous but it leaves nothing to chance.

PHONE PREP
1) make sure updated to latest iOS version
2) delete car (and any other cars you may have previously paired and are not using) from CarPlay under General, delete car from Bluetooth menu in settings (and any other car or bluetooth connections ur not going to be using)
3) HARD turn off Wifi and Bluetooth switch in settings, close all apps and all safari pages
4) shutdown phone and leave off until later step

CAR
1) delete phone from car mobile devices
2) turn off car bluetooth in car settings
3) TURN OFF CAR and get out and lock and wait 5 min
4) Start car and wait until all systems stabilize
5) turn on car Bluetooth in car settings
6) press and hold volume until system resets and give a few min for everything to come back and stabilize
7) turn on iPhone and let load completely (just give it a minute)
8) go into iphone wifi settings and turn on wifi with slider, then into Bluetooth settings and turn on bluetooth with slider and hold at that screen
9) In car, goto Mobile Devices and add phone
10) go thru normal CarPlay pairing procedure...there are several prompts on the phone that you must select for pairing or CarPlay-specific pairing isn't complete
11) Pray. lol jk

Like I said, ridiculous but it has worked now since. I'll update here if it fails again.

Really hoping the next car software update helps this nonsense. I still am having issues when using CarPlay for Spotify....works flawlessly sometimes....other times randomly if I use the forward arrow on the steering wheel it will say Unknown Artist, Unknown Track on the HUD. Still cant figure that one out and I like using my Spotify thru CarPlay.

All of this tech feels pretty awesome when it works....when it doesn't I wanna pull what's left of my hair out. Thats when I try to remember Louis CK's bit about airline customers complaining about the wifi not working...."ummmm...you're going 600mph in a CHAIR in the SKY". Point taken

Plus this car is just friggin awesome which really helps. Most of the time I don't need anything but the S58 music anyways

Last edited by LeGoAuToPiLoT; 02-16-2024 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
M2Jorge785.00