BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics

03-16-2024, 03:50 PM   #1
andrewr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3P, BMW M2

PDC iDrive 8 - no noise

Odd issue in iDrive 8 with PDC.

I’ve checked the audio for PDC is enabled and that the volume is turned up, but it never seems to make any noise.

I’ve had it once where it made no sound until I was ~5cm from an object, and the rest of the time nothing.

Is there some secret hidden setting I’ve missed somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 10:27 AM   #2
turo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [8.40]
2024 BMW M2  [9.00]
2018 BMW 340i XDrive  [10.00]
So I had the same thought as you and discovered something. When I’m backing out of my garage straight, there’s no noise, even though the garage door is in the “red” area of the sensor. However, if I turn the wheel so that the sensor detects that I would actually hit the door, it beeps. If I straighten the wheel, it goes quiet again. So I think the sound is more of a “if you keep going, you’ll hit something” rather than a general “you’re close to something” like in other cars.

Does that make sense?
Appreciate 1
andrewr45.00
      03-17-2024, 10:45 AM   #3
andrewr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3P, BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by turo View Post
So I had the same thought as you and discovered something. When I’m backing out of my garage straight, there’s no noise, even though the garage door is in the “red” area of the sensor. However, if I turn the wheel so that the sensor detects that I would actually hit the door, it beeps. If I straighten the wheel, it goes quiet again. So I think the sound is more of a “if you keep going, you’ll hit something” rather than a general “you’re close to something” like in other cars.

Does that make sense?
It does yes, I’ll have to try and hit something to see if it makes any noises! 🤣
Appreciate 0