BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

04-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
hoeferland
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 Sedan

Has anyone tried? H&R Springs with E36 bump stops?

Hi all,

I know there are a ton of threads on the topic of H&R versus Eibach springs, as well as several very valuable and helpful threads on how our stock suspension reacts to lowering springs.

Several people have posted successful threads about the combination of Eibach springs with E36 bump stops and I was wondering...

1. Has anyone gone the route of H&R springs with E36 bump stops?
2. Has anyone gone the route of H&R springs, E36 bump stops, and trimmed guides (like the ones you get from Dinan)?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
bogdan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoeferland View Post
Hi all,

I know there are a ton of threads on the topic of H&R versus Eibach springs, as well as several very valuable and helpful threads on how our stock suspension reacts to lowering springs.

Several people have posted successful threads about the combination of Eibach springs with E36 bump stops and I was wondering...

1. Has anyone gone the route of H&R springs with E36 bump stops?
2. Has anyone gone the route of H&R springs, E36 bump stops, and trimmed guides (like the ones you get from Dinan)?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I fall under #1.

The ride is acceptable, but I never ran the springs with the E90 bump stops. There one thing that still seems to upset the suspension, as far as bottoming is concerned, is long undulations in the road at 60moh. I can really feel the socks bottoming out.
My dog swallowed my FOB. Luckily it was Comfort Access so I could still drive the car. Of course I had to take him with me everywhere and every time he rolled over the windows went down.
Appreciate 0