BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Exterior Modifications

05-28-2023, 02:19 PM   #45
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Pro tip, there's a peel-off on the back of the modules. Don't be a dummy and forget to take it off. (Probably heat sink material).

Guess who is going back in after several days of driving with the peel-off in the car?

Last edited by JustinHEMI; 05-28-2023 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 3
      05-28-2023, 02:59 PM   #46
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
Pro tip, there's a peel off on the back of the modules. Don't be a dummy and forget to take it off. (Probably heat sink material).

Guess who is going back in after several days of driving with the feel off in the car?
Oh dang lol. Yeah that’s the thermal conductive adhesive for the heat sink. I think these DRL modules come with either the tube of paste or the removable peels like the Motorsports. I ordered the Bayoptiks DRL modules and I think those come with the tube.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 04:25 PM   #47
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyPickle View Post
Oh dang lol. Yeah that’s the thermal conductive adhesive for the heat sink. I think these DRL modules come with either the tube of paste or the removable peels like the Motorsports. I ordered the Bayoptiks DRL modules and I think those come with the tube.
Fortunately it's easy peasy and was done quick.
      08-05-2023, 01:24 PM   #48
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Yellow DRL mod

I bought mine from IND when this thread started, but just got the car last week. Installed mine 8/2. First side took an hour plus, second only about 35 minutes. IND's video on Youtube is very helpful. Love the look. A safety feature too as they make the car much more visible from the front (doesn't show well in the overall photo).
Attached Images

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2023, 08:32 PM   #49
TorontoRedCoastie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW G87 M2

Installed today.

Love them!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-16-2023, 06:07 PM   #50
sacowich
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6sp

On ZB.
Might compel me to go gold or bronze on the wheels, which would be a first for me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-16-2023, 09:37 PM   #51
azlightning213
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition X-Drive

I've unfortunately had a really unpleasant experience with IND Distribution. I ordered a pair of these lights through Horizon Motorsports (who is like a middleman and obtains the lights through the distributing channel aka IND Distribution).

Long story short, after waiting 2 weeks after original web order placement, I finally received lights.... to my dismay they were the yellow LEDs for the M3/M4. IND messed up the order entirely. On top of this inconvenience, they asked Horizon to ask me to take pictures of the lights to ensure they were unopened... Thankfully I did not open the packaging at all... but even if they were open WTF kind of customer service is that lmao. I shipped the incorrect lights back out to IND this past Saturday; god knows when I'll receive the proper lights in. Absolutely terrible company to work with, and it's unfortunate that they are seemingly the only provider of these M2 lights state-side...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 09:46 PM   #52
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by azlightning213 View Post
I've unfortunately had a really unpleasant experience with IND Distribution. I ordered a pair of these lights through Horizon Motorsports (who is like a middleman and obtains the lights through the distributing channel aka IND Distribution).

Long story short, after waiting 2 weeks after original web order placement, I finally received lights.... to my dismay they were the yellow LEDs for the M3/M4. IND messed up the order entirely. On top of this inconvenience, they asked Horizon to ask me to take pictures of the lights to ensure they were unopened... Thankfully I did not open the packaging at all... but even if they were open WTF kind of customer service is that lmao. I shipped the incorrect lights back out to IND this past Saturday; god knows when I'll receive the proper lights in. Absolutely terrible company to work with, and it's unfortunate that they are seemingly the only provider of these M2 lights state-side...
I have had great service for IND for like 20 years; never an issue. Your mistake was not going to the source. Once you get somebody in the middle this get complicated. Hard to know if it was Horizon or IND that messed up.
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2023, 10:56 PM   #53
azlightning213
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
I have had great service for IND for like 20 years; never an issue. Your mistake was not going to the source. Once you get somebody in the middle this get complicated. Hard to know if it was Horizon or IND that messed up.
That’s fair, Horizon claims IND messed up, and my Shop App order clearly says G87 lights. But who knows? All I know is the service from both has been piss-poor.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 09:45 AM   #54
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:

Quote:
That’s fair, Horizon claims IND messed up, and my Shop App order clearly says G87 lights. But who knows? All I know is the service from both has been piss-poor.

Let's cut to the chase here. We've recently had an issue with an order involving DRL boards through IND Distribution and Horizon Motorsport acting as the middleman, of a middleman. First things first, Horizon Motorsport is not an official dealer of IND-Distribution; they obtained the lights through an Authorized IND-Distribution dealer.

The order as IND received it was crystal clear: Motorsport+ G8X M3/M4 CSL Style Yellow DRL LED Module Set - North American Adaptive LED with Laserlight (11-pin low beam DRL), SKU: MSP-G8X-YDRL-11P. We shipped the correct DRL modules, exactly as it was received.

Now, let's address the issue. There was an error somewhere along the line. We are unsure if it was the iND Dealer, or Horizon Motorsport. Whether it was miscommunication between Horizon Motorsport and the IND Dealer or the IND Dealer to IND Distribution, we're sorting it out. We've issued a Return Authorization, and we're waiting for the incorrect boards to come back.

We understand the frustration, and we're not brushing it aside. IND Distribution takes this seriously, and we're on top of it. If you have more questions or complaints, feel free to reach out directly to me, either by phone at 847-963-4520 or email at Info@IND-Distribution.com.

We're committed to making this right, but we won't tolerate baseless complaints either.

For Horizon Motorsport to say that IND made a mistake is 100% false, and you can review the order details to confirm this yourself. Please review the order details as received by IND-Distrbution below:

Sincerely,
Dylan@IND
sammyj250.00
      10-17-2023, 10:09 AM   #55
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
Let's cut to the chase here. We've recently had an issue with an order involving DRL boards through IND Distribution and Horizon Motorsport acting as the middleman, of a middleman. First things first, Horizon Motorsport is not an official dealer of IND-Distribution; they obtained the lights through an Authorized IND-Distribution dealer.

The order as IND received it was crystal clear: Motorsport+ G8X M3/M4 CSL Style Yellow DRL LED Module Set - North American Adaptive LED with Laserlight (11-pin low beam DRL), SKU: MSP-G8X-YDRL-11P. We shipped the correct DRL modules, exactly as it was received.

Now, let's address the issue. There was an error somewhere along the line. We are unsure if it was the iND Dealer, or Horizon Motorsport. Whether it was miscommunication between Horizon Motorsport and the IND Dealer or the IND Dealer to IND Distribution, we're sorting it out. We've issued a Return Authorization, and we're waiting for the incorrect boards to come back.

We understand the frustration, and we're not brushing it aside. IND Distribution takes this seriously, and we're on top of it. If you have more questions or complaints, feel free to reach out directly to me, either by phone at 847-963-4520 or email at Info@IND-Distribution.com.

We're committed to making this right, but we won't tolerate baseless complaints either.

For Horizon Motorsport to say that IND made a mistake is 100% false, and you can review the order details to confirm this yourself. Please review the order details as received by IND-Distrbution below:

Sincerely,
Dylan@IND
As I said, IND has always had great service for me, and I suspect others. Jumping to conclusions and ranting at them is unfair. azlightning213, you're new to this forum - don't give yourself a bad rep to start off.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2023, 11:13 AM   #56
azlightning213
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Sincerely,
Dylan@IND
Apologies for coming in guns blazing but if you align yourself in my shoes you could see where I'm coming from.
1) Waited 2 weeks for lights after being quoted 3-5 days ship time
2) Incorrect lights arrive
3) Horizon informs me that it was 100% IND's fault
4) IND requests pictures of the product to ensure it was unopened.

NOW, all of this being said - and I apologize for initially blaming you guys. I have already shipped back the M3 lights and gave the contact at Horizon Motorsport the tracking #.

Last edited by azlightning213; 10-17-2023 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
Bumpinjeep5465.00
      10-17-2023, 12:50 PM   #57
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep

Quote:
Apologies for coming in guns blazing but if you align yourself in my shoes you could see where I'm coming from.
1) Waited 2 weeks for lights after being quoted 3-5 days ship time
2) Incorrect lights arrive
3) Horizon informs me that it was 100% IND's fault
4) IND requests pictures of the product to ensure it was unopened.

NOW, all of this being said - I feel like you have supplied proof that was needed that it was indeed the middleman's fault. If anything, this is a really bad look for Horizon Motorsport and I apologize for initially blaming you guys. I have already shipped back the M3 lights and gave the contact at Horizon Motorsport the tracking #. Dylan, can I work directly with you to get the proper lights I ordered? All receipts on my end, showed I ordered the correct DRL's for G87, so I am not sure how Horizon messed up a very simple order.
We received the order after business hours at 6:20 PM on 10/3/2023, tracking was forwarded to the IND-Distribution dealer at 6:23 AM, before business hours on 10/3.

Can you please email us directly? We will need your email.
Info@IND-Distribution.com

We can certainly get you the parts that you desire.

Dylan@IND
      10-17-2023, 01:11 PM   #58
azlightning213
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We received the order after business hours at 6:20 PM on 10/3/2023, tracking was forwarded to the IND-Distribution dealer at 6:23 AM, before business hours on 10/3.

Can you please email us directly? We will need your email.
Info@IND-Distribution.com

We can certainly get you the parts that you desire.
Dylan@IND

I ordered 9/25 from Horizon and received the M3 lights on 10/9. Just went through my emails.

I'll give you guys an email now so we can sort this out. Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 01:51 PM   #59
alex@horizonmotorsport
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Hi Dylan / AZ, would like to clarify a few things. We were very clear with AZ that this was an issue with the distributor from the get-go and not iND directly. We sent in the order to one of your dealers here on the west coast, with the correct product name/SKU, unfortunately, an error was made on the dealers' end, and they mistakenly charged us for G8X M3/M4 modules rather than G87 modules (which we have proof and admission of, unfortunately these mistakes do happen). As soon as the customer contacted us about possibly receiving the incorrect set, we immediately offered to get them exchanged and contacted our dealer to start this process to make it right. Again, we were very clear that this was an issue with the distributor and not iND directly, and we maintained regular communication with the customer in hopes of avoiding a situation like this. We did not put the blame on iND for this mistake. We have sold hundreds of iND products through your distributor without any issues over the past few years.

Quote:

Sincerely,
Dylan@IND
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2023, 02:31 PM   #60
azlightning213
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Appreciate both Horizon + IND for making this right. I am unfamiliar with the business model here with two middlemen being involved - so apologies if I misplaced blame on the wrong parties.

Horizon has been swift in providing responses. Unfortunately from a customer a POV this process was confusing and frustrating, but luckily Dylan from IND has made things right now and we have correct lights en route.
      10-17-2023, 07:20 PM   #61
TorontoRedCoastie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW G87 M2

Love to see the timely support by all interested parties. Enjoy the lights azlightning213!
      10-19-2023, 09:05 AM   #62
Lappy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C 2018 BMW M4

Anyone have a picture of these installed on a TR car with the headlights on? I just want to make sure it doesn't look silly as all I can find are picture with just the running lights on.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 01:31 AM   #63
Hook3549
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

I am considering doing this yellow DRL mods. Is it easy to change back to normal white led after applying thermal tube to the new yellow led? Is thermal tube easy to remove?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 09:24 AM   #64
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Not sure what you mean by “thermal tube.” If you mean the adhesive the circuit board installs with I don’t think it would be a problem to swap them back.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 01:06 PM   #65
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook3549 View Post
I am considering doing this yellow DRL mods. Is it easy to change back to normal white led after applying thermal tube to the new yellow led? Is thermal tube easy to remove?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Not sure what you mean by “thermal tube.” If you mean the adhesive the circuit board installs with I don’t think it would be a problem to swap them back.
Motorsport+ DRL modules never use a thermal tube of paste or glue. Version 1 of the G87/G42 kit used a pre-applied thermal adhesive that only required a simple peel and stick before replacing the torx screws.

A few months ago, MSP revised their G87 kit to include thermal pads (just like the OE boards) instead of the thermal adhesive. The pads are a little sticky, like the OE material, but are not adhesive so removing the V2 boards are much easier. The included instructions were revised when the kits were revised.
      12-19-2023, 08:17 AM   #66
radu40icc
Rep
Drives: bmw m2 g87

can i find this in europe?
Appreciate 0