bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-21-2023, 07:19 PM   #199
rockblock
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMW2315 View Post
Yes, you can control it with BimmerLink. However, that means you have to connect every time that you get in the car, open the valves using the app. It will revert back to being closed every time you shut off the car. From the developer in regards to the exhaust valves:
For those of you who have "Carly", same thing can be achieved in Comfort - but similar to BimmerLink, will resets once engine is tuned off.

I think you have to mechanically disable the valve in order for it to stay open in Comfort
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2023, 01:57 AM   #200
Pentland
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockblock View Post
For those of you who have "Carly", same thing can be achieved in Comfort - but similar to BimmerLink, will resets once engine is tuned off.

I think you have to mechanically disable the valve in order for it to stay open in Comfort
You need to pull the fuse once the valve is open. You can open the valve in Bimmerlink or in sport+ mode once engine is hot. Note; this action will leave a fault code.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 08:11 AM   #201
Ninjageezer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240I G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
FWIW, Auto start/stop memory is working on my iDrive 8 M240, coded via iPhone. I forgot where the exact setting is located, but it’s right next to the option where you disable auto start stop (which does not work). I selected G20 when coding.

So far I have gotten into the car twice since coding and ASS remained off after I initially disabled it.
Great news thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 01:10 PM   #202
ZM240i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
FWIW, Auto start/stop memory is working on my iDrive 8 M240, coded via iPhone. I forgot where the exact setting is located, but it’s right next to the option where you disable auto start stop (which does not work). I selected G20 when coding.

So far I have gotten into the car twice since coding and ASS remained off after I initially disabled it.

Can anybody confirm that this doesn't work on Android?

It's there and I've done it, but it just doesn't work. My workaround right now is coding Sport Individual (everything set to Comfort) at startup.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 03:57 PM   #203
shonseb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 240ix, gone: '14 Audi RS5

Garage List
2023 m240ix  [0.00]
I'm not on here as much these days, but I can confirm that my start/stop is permanently disabled. I have Android and id8. I don't remember how I coded it out, and I have both bimmercode and bimmerlink. I believe I did this late last year so obviously I used another cars platform to get it done. FYI I didn't mess with the long coding (expert coding), just what's available on the app

Last edited by shonseb; 05-25-2023 at 04:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2023, 06:16 PM   #204
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portimao Blue 2022 M240iXdrive

Auto Start/Stop Disable Function Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM240i View Post
Can anybody confirm that this doesn't work on Android?

It's there and I've done it, but it just doesn't work. My workaround right now is coding Sport Individual (everything set to Comfort) at startup.
I suspect that those who have successfully disabled the Auto Start/STop function are using an older version of BMW firmware. Mine was also successfully coded out, but a few days ago when I installed the latest firmware, the Auto Start/Stop returned. I have since coded it twice using my iPad and I have been unable to disable it. Has anyone done this successfully with the latest firmware?
OK. I just went out to the car to try again. At first, Bimmercode would not let me code at all. Then I checked and there was an Update needing to be installed. After installing it, I recoded the Auto Start/Stop function again using my iPad and then went for a little drive. It worked perfectly!!! Yay, Bimmercode!

Last edited by Redbeemer; 05-28-2023 at 06:47 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2023, 06:42 PM   #205
heelsmj
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240 Xdrive Retired M340

For everyone struggling with disabling auto start/stop I jsut bought this on AliExpress. I will report back if it works.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...yAdapt=glo2usa
Appreciate 2
      05-31-2023, 06:55 PM   #206
meyer1son
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeemer View Post
I suspect that those who have successfully disabled the Auto Start/STop function are using an older version of BMW firmware. Mine was also successfully coded out, but a few days ago when I installed the latest firmware, the Auto Start/Stop returned. I have since coded it twice using my iPad and I have been unable to disable it. Has anyone done this successfully with the latest firmware?
OK. I just went out to the car to try again. At first, Bimmercode would not let me code at all. Then I checked and there was an Update needing to be installed. After installing it, I recoded the Auto Start/Stop function again using my iPad and then went for a little drive. It worked perfectly!!! Yay, Bimmercode!

I just did it on my 23 with idrive8
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2023, 01:23 PM   #207
viperx100
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsmj View Post
For everyone struggling with disabling auto start/stop I jsut bought this on AliExpress. I will report back if it works.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...yAdapt=glo2usa
Nice! I am looking forward to your review of the ease of install/performance. Cheers, mate!
Appreciate 1
heelsmj349.50
      06-04-2023, 04:26 PM   #208
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep

Auto Start/Stop Can No Longer Be Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer1son View Post
I just did it on my 23 with idrive8
OK. I was mistaken, as I guess the car has to run for a few minutes or warm up before the Auto Start/Stop function begins working. I have now tried every combination of Auto Start/Stop Active/Inactive, plus Auto Start/Stop Memory Active/Inactive and nothing is working once the car warms up or goes a few miles. Note that all was working fine (with Bimmercoding it OFF) until this lates firmware update. I can find nothing useful that this update changed, except to screw up my Bimmercode to Deactivate the Auto Start/Stop function. I am using the G20 platform to code and it worked fine before and continues to work fine for all my other Bimmercode changes. Arrrggg!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2023, 07:04 PM   #209
ZM240i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OK. I was mistaken, as I guess the car has to run for a few minutes or warm up before the Auto Start/Stop function begins working. I have now tried every combination of Auto Start/Stop Active/Inactive, plus Auto Start/Stop Memory Active/Inactive and nothing is working once the car warms up or goes a few miles. Note that all was working fine (with Bimmercoding it OFF) until this lates firmware update. I can find nothing useful that this update changed, except to screw up my Bimmercode to Deactivate the Auto Start/Stop function. I am using the G20 platform to code and it worked fine before and continues to work fine for all my other Bimmercode changes. Arrrggg!

I’ve mentioned in a different post that I lost all the coding except for the 5 blinks. I wonder why this remained.

I only coded 3 or 4 items though.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2023, 07:46 PM   #210
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

I haven't read of anything useful to me for the latest update, so I'm ignoring it. I knew updates would require me to recode everything with BimmerCode, so I'd like to avoid that.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 02:23 AM   #211
Invisiblename
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
I haven't read of anything useful to me for the latest update, so I'm ignoring it. I knew updates would require me to recode everything with BimmerCode, so I'd like to avoid that.
Problem with ignoring this update is that you won’t get the next - they are sequential.
      06-05-2023, 06:07 AM   #212
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisiblename View Post
Problem with ignoring this update is that you won’t get the next - they are sequential.
When I read of a 'must-have' on a future update, I'll begin the chain reaction.
Appreciate 3
MPR1770.00
      06-05-2023, 10:51 AM   #213
ZM240i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisiblename View Post
Good point. Is this 100% proven though?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 02:55 PM   #214
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep

Auto Start/Stop Can No Longer Be Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjageezer View Post
Great news thanks
Have you downloaded the latest BMW firmware update? If you have, you will no longer be able to code OFF the Auto Start/Stop with Bimmercode. I have tried several combinations of the Auto Start/Stop along with the Auto Start/Stop Memory and none of them work to disable this PIA "feature" on our cars. I am using an iPad for my coding if that makes any difference. Everything else I had previously coded using the G20 section of Bimmercode still works just fine, fortunately.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 03:02 PM   #215
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep

Recoding After Firmware Update

Quote:
I’ve mentioned in a different post that I lost all the coding except for the 5 blinks. I wonder why this remained.

I only coded 3 or 4 items though.
I too lost several, but not all, of my Bimmercoded features, but was easily able to add them back, except for the Auto Start/Stop Deactivation. This is my second or third firmware update with this car and in each case I lost some or all of my Bimmercoded features, but was able to add them all back up until this one. I have a feeling that the EPA may have had something to do with the loss of the Auto Start/Stp deactivation deletion as they are the ones who govern the tests for emissions and also the MPG figures each car must post on the window sticker. Supposedly, the Auto Start/Stop feature saves a little gas, so not using it would affect the actual MPG numbers.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 03:23 PM   #216
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
I too lost several, but not all, of my Bimmercoded features, but was easily able to add them back, except for the Auto Start/Stop Deactivation. This is my second or third firmware update with this car and in each case I lost some or all of my Bimmercoded features, but was able to add them all back up until this one. I have a feeling that the EPA may have had something to do with the loss of the Auto Start/Stp deactivation deletion as they are the ones who govern the tests for emissions and also the MPG figures each car must post on the window sticker. Supposedly, the Auto Start/Stop feature saves a little gas, so not using it would affect the actual MPG numbers.
Not sure if it was the EPA. I was looking at spec'ing out a new Chevy Colorado and they have an option to delete auto start stop. Might have more to do wirh EU regulations.

I absolutely hate stop start by the way. I still haven't coded my car unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 04:02 PM   #217
Invisiblename
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Good point. Is this 100% proven though?
It’s what I was told by BMW when I had problems with an OTA update to my M135i, so I’m assuming that it’s the same for all marks (but could be wrong)
      06-05-2023, 05:07 PM   #218
Rdurty2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Can no longer code disable auto start/stop or have the setting memory work either on ID7. The coding is accepted but doesn’t do anything anymore.

BMW clearly doesn’t want anyone messing with it and took measures to ensure coding it out no longer works. Annoying considering the people coding this off probably make up 1% of owners.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 07:32 PM   #219
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

Can you code to start in sport mode automatically?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 09:03 PM   #220
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

Is anti dazzle headlight coding available yet?
Appreciate 0