BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

05-26-2023, 07:42 PM   #1321
LCDRJohn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche GT3

Look at the bright side......at least all of the "influencers" got their M2s!!
Appreciate 6
JustinHEMI7441.00
Sethhboii1315.50
02M3ForMe4257.00
rcouchh2354.00
      05-26-2023, 10:39 PM   #1322
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
So youre driving along and, man, its hot in here.. So you invoke the touch screen and try to negotiate your way to the climate settings while of course keeping your eyes on the road. What could possibly go wrong? With buttons, no looking required because youve memorized where the most used ones are, and both eyes stay on the road.
All you do is push the steering wheel voice command button or say “hello BMW” and say what temperature you want or just say “I’m hot” to lower the temperature, among many functions. No need to touch the screen or take your eyes off the road. The passenger can also be recognized independently from a microphone position and voice perspective and set their own climate control parameters.
Appreciate 3
SCCThree813.00
rcouchh2354.00
      05-26-2023, 11:45 PM   #1323
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
I received my allocation last week. I asked about carbon package delays, and they didn't have an answer for me. Asked what the production date was, they said IF no delays, it would be a week 25 build. C.A. says that translates to a Late July, Early August delivery. "For that reason, Im out" I store my cars come early October, and I didnt really want august and september to be my only two driving months and then lose a model year
I have my sights set on a "reasonably" priced M2C near me that will hold me over til next spring.
rcouchh2354.00
      05-27-2023, 07:28 AM   #1324
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
I received my allocation last week.
Hmm… an allocation last week with a week 25 build. It certainly appears that May G87 allocations might have already dropped.

Edit: Brain fart, May allocations will be July production. Dur.
Attached Images

Last edited by T_U_D; 05-27-2023 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: Added comment and screenshot
Appreciate 1
Sethhboii1315.50
      05-27-2023, 08:14 AM   #1325
Sethhboii
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
Hmm… an allocation last week with a week 25 build. It certainly appears that May G87 allocations might have already dropped.

Yeah I think we will see the allocation drop next week.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 10:10 AM   #1326
boostspoon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
I received my allocation last week. I asked about carbon package delays, and they didn't have an answer for me. Asked what the production date was, they said IF no delays, it would be a week 25 build. C.A. says that translates to a Late July, Early August delivery. "For that reason, Im out" I store my cars come early October, and I didnt really want august and september to be my only two driving months and then lose a model year
I have my sights set on a "reasonably" priced M2C near me that will hold me over til next spring.
Man, that’s unfortunate. That’s choosing a whole platform for one to two months of driving that you’re talking about.

Do you keep cars for a while?

Maybe you’re better off paying ADM on a vehicle in stock.
Appreciate 1
mtoosexy729.00
      05-27-2023, 10:44 AM   #1327
anitasanger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Toyota taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethhboii View Post
Yeah I think we will see the allocation drop next week.
Fingers crossed, brother. You're 1, and I'm 2. If you ever do cancel, tell the GM to make sure I move up to 1! Haha. Hope we both get them next week though.
Appreciate 1
Sethhboii1315.50
      05-27-2023, 10:47 AM   #1328
Sethhboii
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitasanger View Post
Fingers crossed, brother. You're 1, and I'm 2. If you ever do cancel, tell the GM to make sure I move up to 1! Haha. Hope we both get them next week though.
Hahah I def will boss!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 06:51 PM   #1329
dominoM
Private Low Class
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 ZB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post

Week 25, it must've been somebody passing on their April allocation? And then mtoosexy is passing on it. Lucky whoever was 2 spots back.

And here I sit, with some others, #1 on the list, hoping my dealer gets their first allocation this upcoming week. I'm normally a rational person but starting to get superstitious.
Appreciate 2
T_U_D6675.00
Sethhboii1315.50
      05-28-2023, 09:58 PM   #1330
bwdev
Registered
Rep
Drives: Chevy Volt

I think I’m pulling my order on Tuesday. Just so happened that my Porsche dealer had the HEA spec car on trade already. Not sure how it works but they said https://www.toybarncars.com bought it ultimately as the owner wanted too much for it.

Kind of disgusts me to see it flipped so fast.
Appreciate 1
Sethhboii1315.50
      05-29-2023, 12:23 AM   #1331
jordan24c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 EB 240, G87 M2 (preodered)

Garage List
2021 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Fuck Toy Barn, they host decent car shows but most of the salesmen are all huge tools.
      05-29-2023, 04:56 PM   #1332
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoM View Post
Week 25, it must've been somebody passing on their April allocation? And then mtoosexy is passing on it. Lucky whoever was 2 spots back.

And here I sit, with some others, #1 on the list, hoping my dealer gets their first allocation this upcoming week. I'm normally a rational person but starting to get superstitious.
Almost... They didnt receive any alocations in May, and sold the one or two they had in April.
Local dealer has a great service/customer reputation and was gifted a few M cars from BMW. I was next so they offered it to me.
VERY TUFF decision!!!! told my C.A. No, then Yes and then No again over the span of two days.
I thanked the guys for their efforts on getting me a spot but ultimately, the timing didnt work out
      05-29-2023, 05:05 PM   #1333
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostspoon View Post
Man, that’s unfortunate. That’s choosing a whole platform for one to two months of driving that you’re talking about.

Do you keep cars for a while?

Maybe you’re better off paying ADM on a vehicle in stock.
I do keep cars for a while.... im not a collector and I dont want to be one, but i just dont seem to sell my cars Only so much garage space though.

BUT, there is a bright side... Talked to a friend of mine about my order woes over the past few months/years... he says "that sucks man, if you're in the market for a porsche, i got a guy at corporate"... hello!!! where was this 1 year ago?!
I may have a Pcar at msrp with little to no wait time. Its looking like it might happen!!
      05-29-2023, 05:09 PM   #1334
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoM View Post

So, the plot thickens again... I like to hedge my bets. I just got number 1 at another dealership (they dont even have a list yet, so i started the list) and I have in writing, Feb/March allocation for 2024. This should get me an April/May delivery date if i decide to stay with bmw.

Last edited by mtoosexy; 05-29-2023 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: forgot a line
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 05:50 PM   #1335
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
So, the plot thickens again... I like to hedge my bets. I just got number 1 at another dealership (they dont even have a list yet, so i started the list) and I have in writing, Feb/March allocation for 2024. This should get me an April/May delivery date if i decide to stay with bmw.

So they don't expect an allocation until Feb/March 2024? Sounds a little odd, if not outright fishy (unless I am missing something).
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 08:06 PM   #1336
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
So they don't expect an allocation until Feb/March 2024? Sounds a little odd, if not outright fishy (unless I am missing something).
I think you are missing something, maybe I didn't explain it very well?

They are a small dealership, they have had one HEA and sold it.
Like other dealerships in the Midwest, they are not rolling in allocations. Obviously, they are not rolling in interested M2 customers either.
I'm not asking for their NEXT allocation, I am asking for the first available in FEB/MARCH of 24' for an APRIL/MAY 24' delivery. I wait for the salt to be washed off of the roads before I like to drive on them
Make sense? I have never made that request before, think they can honor it? I guess i'm also counting on production ramping up a little by then.
      05-29-2023, 08:14 PM   #1337
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
I may have a Pcar at msrp with little to no wait time. Its looking like it might happen!!
718 or 992?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 09:16 PM   #1338
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I think you are missing something, maybe I didn't explain it very well?

They are a small dealership, they have had one HEA and sold it.
Like other dealerships in the Midwest, they are not rolling in allocations. Obviously, they are not rolling in interested M2 customers either.
I'm not asking for their NEXT allocation, I am asking for the first available in FEB/MARCH of 24' for an APRIL/MAY 24' delivery. I wait for the salt to be washed off of the roads before I like to drive on them
Make sense? I have never made that request before, think they can honor it? I guess i'm also counting on production ramping up a little by then.

Gotcha...so they have not received any allocations, only an HEA.

Not sure how they would handle if you are first on their list and want the allocation for Feb/March 2024, what would happen if they get an allocation say this week or next month? Just let you sit at number one and wait for the next person who walks in to offer to? I cant imagine they would be able to just hold an allocation for you for months and months (I guess crazier things have happened).
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 10:25 PM   #1339
mynameisnick4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:
Gotcha...so they have not received any allocations, only an HEA.

Not sure how they would handle if you are first on their list and want the allocation for Feb/March 2024, what would happen if they get an allocation say this week or next month? Just let you sit at number one and wait for the next person who walks in to offer to? I cant imagine they would be able to just hold an allocation for you for months and months (I guess crazier things have happened).
If I understand what he was saying, there is likely already a list of people currently waiting for an allocation there. So any allocation that comes in between now and Feb/March 24 will go to their existing list and he would get the first one that comes in the Feb/March 24 time frame.

Now if they don't have anyone waiting and they get an allocation, I would assume they would spec it themselves and just toss it on the lot?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 10:40 PM   #1340
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisnick4 View Post
If I understand what he was saying, there is likely already a list of people currently waiting for an allocation there. So any allocation that comes in between now and Feb/March 24 will go to their existing list and he would get the first one that comes in the Feb/March 24 time frame.

Now if they don't have anyone waiting and they get an allocation, I would assume they would spec it themselves and just toss it on the lot?

If that is what ge was saying its even more odd and confusing. If they do have a list of people waiting, dont see how a dealership would openly say, "no natter what our list may be at that time, we will give you our allocation from Feb/March 2024" (assuming they get one during those months).
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 07:38 AM   #1341
Bungus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (on order)

Quote:
If that is what ge was saying its even more odd and confusing. If they do have a list of people waiting, dont see how a dealership would openly say, "no natter what our list may be at that time, we will give you our allocation from Feb/March 2024" (assuming they get one during those months).
Also highly unlikely to receive an allocation in a specific 2 month window.

As echoed previously, a single allocation in the midwest is going to be a miracle in of itself. Don't think BMW is gonna randomly ramp up allocations next year as if they were arbitrarily holding them back this year.

At this point you're better off getting on a coastal dealership waitlist. Even if youre 10+ deep youre on track to get it before #1 and 2's in the midwest.
Appreciate 2
Sethhboii1315.50
uk0168573.50
      05-30-2023, 08:09 AM   #1342
ModernAngel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
All you do is push the steering wheel voice command button or say “hello BMW” and say what temperature you want or just say “I’m hot” to lower the temperature, among many functions. No need to touch the screen or take your eyes off the road. The passenger can also be recognized independently from a microphone position and voice perspective and set their own climate control parameters.
Also, the climate/temp controls are always shown on the screen so the only main difference from having physical buttons is that you move your hand a little more forward instead of down and touch a glass surface instead of a plastic or metal one to change the temp.

If that’s an existential crisis that will cause one to fly off the road and explode in a fireball of death and destruction when attempting to adjust the car’s temperature then they’re probably not cut out for life in our increasingly digital world. Godspeed to all the antediluvian luddites out there.
Appreciate 4
cmgbk752631.50
Squidget3529.00
02M3ForMe4257.00
aerobod3612.00