08-19-2023, 06:43 PM   #1
Richard Welch
Rwelch
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

My new M2

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I took delivery of my alpine white M2 couple days ago. Bicolor wheels, 50th anniversary emblems, and no shadowline trim. I was never on the fence about the looks of this car, but in person it looks fantastic. Muscular and aggressive. I went with the manual gearbox and find it extremely satisfying. I must say, it feels less rubbery, and a bit more notchy ( for lack of a better word) than my 2018 m240i. I can see how people say the steering feels a little numb, but it is very precise. I went with the understated black leather seats with blue stiching, and carbon fiber trim. The seats are super comfortable and supportive, and I love the way the interior looks and feels. The h k stereo is much better than the h k stereo that was in my m240. It sounds excellent. The screen is intuitive, attractive, and easy to use. My android phone syncs very well to it. I can't comment as to the performance of this car yet as I am in the break in period. In comfort mode the ride feels very smooth, long trips in this car will be a breeze. I am getting it ceramic coated next week , but otherwise I think i'm good to go with stock set up for now. This car has surpassed my expectations, I absolutely love it. Cheers!

Last edited by Richard Welch; 08-19-2023 at 08:50 PM..
Appreciate 6
GHO$T20.00
LCDRJohn607.50
atl_1M1520.00
CFO277.00
Ctothej728.50
      08-19-2023, 07:13 PM   #2
TheDrivenGarage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82, BMW M2 G87 (Order)

Congrats! Pics? There aren't a lot of AW M2 pics out there. I have alpine white and manual coming as well, it's great to hear that the transmission isn't as bad as some make it out to be.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2023, 08:56 PM   #3
ronin13013
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

If you know how to drive. Almost 500hp mated to a manual transmission rear wheel drive is delightful. The long clutch allows for non jerky gear shifts when tooling around town and tire shredding shifts when you drop the clutch on track or on the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrivenGarage View Post
Congrats! Pics? There aren't a lot of AW M2 pics out there. I have alpine white and manual coming as well, it's great to hear that the transmission isn't as bad as some make it out to be.
Appreciate 2
GHO$T20.00