BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

05-16-2023, 10:54 AM   #23
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd.point View Post
Appreciate the compliment. Didn't realize it was this sort of forum.

No, my post was not meant as any disrespect to you as a person or member here (I truly didn't even know it was you driving).

Could I have said nothing, sure, but when videos surface and posted around, unfortunately many people will automatically respond based on the content (good and bad, honest or not). It obviously turned from something fun to a debacle based on the what someone was trying to accomplish.

If you really want to test it out, try and set it up as I posted so we will see the real results (assuming cars are bone stock and you dont sleep at the start, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the outcome).
Appreciate 2
Click_ID559.50
      05-16-2023, 11:52 AM   #24
Click_ID
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Clapped out 335. N54 goes brrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
In a 1/8 or 1/4 drag race with both cars bone stock? I wouldnt be so sure of that...I would be glad to take that challenge on.
I have a house in Clearwater, but only my 440 GC is there. My other cars are here in Canada. I'm happy to organize everything if you make the trip up here ( Niagara Falls). I'm all about unbiased facts and comprehensive data, If you find yourself up this way just ping me and I'll get the draggy and the timing gear all set for you.

As for a prepped surface, I cannot guarantee it. But, that's where having someone experienced ( like you) is imperative.

This is a genuine ask, come be a grumpy old man up here and show this young pup a thing or too. Rather than telling us how we should do things, I invite you to help me help you show all of us how it should have been done.
Appreciate 2
eddj464.50
      05-16-2023, 12:40 PM   #25
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87, 2011 E90 335i

Quote:
As I've said before, I'm here to share my experiences with other hobbyists, not to seek approval.

Thanks, everyone for your feedback on this thread, I'll be taking a step back from this forum for the foreseeable future. This isn't the community I thought it was.
It could be better, but some of us try to be respectful. I hope you don't decide to leave.
Appreciate 3
Click_ID559.50
eddj464.50
      05-16-2023, 05:36 PM   #26
Chris13002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M2

Quote:
Thanks, everyone for your feedback on this thread, I'll be taking a step back from this forum for the foreseeable future. This isn't the community I thought it was.
Amazing shots BTW! I really dig the blacked-out M2 and noticed it was lowered! Thank you for your content!
Appreciate 1
Click_ID559.50
      05-16-2023, 05:59 PM   #27
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
I have a house in Clearwater, but only my 440 GC is there. My other cars are here in Canada. I'm happy to organize everything if you make the trip up here ( Niagara Falls). I'm all about unbiased facts and comprehensive data, If you find yourself up this way just ping me and I'll get the draggy and the timing gear all set for you.

As for a prepped surface, I cannot guarantee it. But, that's where having someone experienced ( like you) is imperative.

This is a genuine ask, come be a grumpy old man up here and show this young pup a thing or too. Rather than telling us how we should do things, I invite you to help me help you show all of us how it should have been done.
I enjoyed your video, I know you didn’t produced it but were a participant.

The issue some had raised up about prepping a surface, tyres not warmed up or someone’s slow reaction time puzzles me. It’s about a real world street scenario and how many street roads are prepped for drags? How many are pro drag racers? It’s not like all 3 cars were on different surfaces at the time. They were all raced on the same surface. On that day with those drivers, it is what it ir, simple as that. Most people here claimed they drive it on rhe street anyway, right?

It’s good to have a discussion but most of these discussions ends up in a one way finger pointing accusations against the producer or a participant whenever the G87 doesn’t come up on top or when a reviewer dislikes it is just plain low.

BTW I really like the look of your black G87 and really glad it has a 6MT
Appreciate 3
Humdizzle6040.50
Click_ID559.50
eddj464.50
      05-22-2023, 01:00 PM   #28
Click_ID
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Clapped out 335. N54 goes brrr

So that's a no to coming up to Canada?

Common.... we have pancakes and maple syrup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
No, my post was not meant as any disrespect to you as a person or member here (I truly didn't even know it was you driving).

Could I have said nothing, sure, but when videos surface and posted around, unfortunately many people will automatically respond based on the content (good and bad, honest or not). It obviously turned from something fun to a debacle based on the what someone was trying to accomplish.

If you really want to test it out, try and set it up as I posted so we will see the real results (assuming cars are bone stock and you dont sleep at the start, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the outcome).
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2023, 10:25 PM   #29
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Not sure if it was mentioned but I just remembered Savagegeese did a drag race with the F87OG, G87 and a Supra, all with manuals in the beginning of their video with the M2. Nothing fancy but all cars were fitted with the same tires and the M2 clearly beats the Supra. 1:20 mark

https://youtu.be/K-7MEiMSxTk
Appreciate 2
02M3ForMe4257.00
      05-24-2023, 05:56 AM   #30
m2ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: people crazy

What I find odd about this video is that I'd pick the M2 over the other two based on appearance alone, the car looks great...
Appreciate 3
M2siast5865.50
02M3ForMe4257.00
      05-24-2023, 08:08 AM   #31
Sonic RR
I drink and I pretend to know things.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 320I XDRIVE BASE TRASH

Quote:
Hey y'all I was invited out to an airstrip along with several other local car guys to test out the capabilities of our cars.

Our photographer; Pratamesh ( IG: pratagraph )
Organizer/Youtube; Sam CarLegion (IG:samcarlegion, YT:https://www.youtube.com/@SamCarLegion)

I lined up against a Manual Supra, and manual 400z.
No Spoilers But, I will note this is not a track-prepped surface and traction was a nightmare for everyone in a RWD manual car that day. Even the AWD boys had some issues.

But the Supra is a beaaast in the hole. But, I will wait for Sam to launch his video before sharing anything more.

Photos, and an exhaust clip.

Exhaust clip with my single mid-pipe ( res and secondary cat delete)
https://youtube.com/shorts/tLVEf_SzRRw?feature=share

That first shot is hot fire!

Sonic
Appreciate 3