BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

03-04-2024, 09:25 PM   #1
trixt
Rep
Drives: Yes

Potential new owner pricing questions

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey all, I found what I thought was a good deal and was wanting to see others thoughts.

I found a 2023 Zandvoort blue with 3k miles for 62.5k. It’s manual, has the cf roof, lighting pkg, HUD pkg, black accent pkg, anthracite interior and the window sticker was 68k msrp.

Is 62.5k good from a dealer or is the market going down further?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 09:31 PM   #2
Ronin76
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Is it a BMW dealership? Can you ask what the MSRP is? Do they have the window sticker available?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 09:57 PM   #3
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

What was the vehicle's in-service date? How much warranty does it have left (time wise)? Is it Certified Pre-owned or just used? It doesn't seem like a bad price, but figure they probably paid about $60k or less for it on trade-in.

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 10:07 PM   #4
trixt
Rep

According to the carfax, the in service date was July of last year.. here’s the link https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...hVuBZPaHmFZ_pw
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 10:13 PM   #5
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixt View Post
According to the carfax, the in service date was July of last year.. here’s the link https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...hVuBZPaHmFZ_pw
The vehicle was sold in IN, ended up in TX, and is now in CT? I don't see the 1,200 break-in service performed, so I would ask about that. For warranty purposes it needs to be performed at 1,200 miles with little exception to the mileage from what I've read and been told by my BMW dealership.

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 10:17 PM   #6
trixt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
The vehicle was sold in IN, ended up in TX, and is now in CT? I don't see the 1,200 break-in service performed, so I would ask about that. For warranty purposes it needs to be performed at 1,200 miles with little exception to the mileage from what I've read and been told by my BMW dealership.
It feels like the original owner ended up moving to CT cause I don’t see a change of ownership
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 10:22 PM   #7
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
It feels like the original owner ended up moving to CT cause I don’t see a change of ownership
a quick autotrader search shows that it is priced quite a bit less than every other used '23 M2 with similar or more miles. That's would raise a flag for me.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 10:34 PM   #8
trixt
Rep

Quote:
a quick autotrader search shows that it is priced quite a bit less than every other used '23 M2 with similar or more miles. That's would raise a flag for me.
How would concerns be alleviated? A ppi? Having it inspected at a bmw dealer? Most, if not all cars on Autotrader are severely overpriced
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 10:51 PM   #9
izzyM2
Major
Rep
Drives: 24’M2/21ID.4/21’MacanGTS

There was a recent used G87 at a bmw dealer with 2.5k miles though manual and sunroof. It started at 64k then at 62k then dropped at 59k. It stayed at the dealer from October to January.
      03-04-2024, 11:37 PM   #10
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
How would concerns be alleviated? A ppi? Having it inspected at a bmw dealer? Most, if not all cars on Autotrader are severely overpriced
If the 1,200 break-in service wasn't performed, I wouldn't buy it unless they included the service & it was verified there was no impact on the warranty due to it not being performed on time.

If it was performed, then that would alleviate that worry. It also appears that there are a few modifications done to the vehicle, one being yellow drls? If so, that could potentially void the warranty on the lights, which are very expensive. Just something to keep in mind.

There were definitely some crazy prices on autotrader, but if other dealers are asking much more for similar vehicles I often wonder why one is asking less. At $62.5 asking, there is almost always $3-5K or more margin built in for the dealer on a used car. I'd be wondering why they gave so low on trade-in (if they did).

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 08:39 AM   #11
trixt
Rep

Quote:
If the 1,200 break-in service wasn't performed, I wouldn't buy it unless they included the service & it was verified there was no impact on the warranty due to it not being performed on time.

If it was performed, then that would alleviate that worry. It also appears that there are a few modifications done to the vehicle, one being yellow drls? If so, that could potentially void the warranty on the lights, which are very expensive. Just something to keep in mind.

There were definitely some crazy prices on autotrader, but if other dealers are asking much more for similar vehicles I often wonder why one is asking less. At $62.5 asking, there is almost always $3-5K or more margin built in for the dealer on a used car. I'd be wondering why they gave so low on trade-in (if they did).
I talked to a bmw dealer that’s 6mins away from the selling dealer and they confirmed the 1200 mile break in service was performed at 1176 miles
Appreciate 1
Ronin76710.00
      03-05-2024, 08:51 AM   #12
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Hey all, I found what I thought was a good deal and was wanting to see others thoughts.

I found a 2023 Zandvoort blue with 3k miles for 62.5k. It’s manual, has the cf roof, lighting pkg, HUD pkg, black accent pkg, anthracite interior and the window sticker was 68k msrp.

Is 62.5k good from a dealer or is the market going down further?
Optioned about the same as my 2023 M2 and it had a $68,195 sticker (included destination charge).

Base price was $62,200.

In the case of the car in question it doesn't require an advanced degree in math to know with a price $62.5K the dealer has added considerable mark up.

Use KBB.COM and NADA.COM and plug in the car's details and get a whole sale/trade in price along with a private sale price and retail (dealer) price.

The dealer has around the whole sale/trade in value in the car.

So if the car checks out and passes a thorough used car check out with flying colors at trade in/whole sale is where you should start your negotiations to buy the car. Remember: Price is not fact only an opinion. The dealer is entitled to his opinion but so too are you.

If you want the car you'll have to raise your offer but of course you need an upper limit or the dealer will work you until your offer reaches what he was asking for the car.

As others have mentioned the car has some red flags. Lack of break in service, proof of break in service, bothers me. You would need something in writing the full factory warranty and CBS servicing is still in effect. And having to get this in writing just puts me off the car.

Remember with used cars there is always another car.

Added: Oh I missed that you had confirmation the break in service was performed. So give the car a thorough used car check out. This involves among other things checking for any mods or accident damage repair.

Last edited by RockCrusher; 03-05-2024 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 09:25 AM   #13
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
I talked to a bmw dealer that’s 6mins away from the selling dealer and they confirmed the 1200 mile break in service was performed at 1176 miles
That's good. If the rest of the vehicle checks out, has what you want, and you can get it for the price you want, go for it.
Appreciate 0