home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

12-14-2023, 07:24 PM   #1
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Installed iSweep 1500 brake pads

Installed these on my wife's X3MC right after she picked it up & it is probably the best $500 spent on her vehicle so far. Stop as well as or better than OEM and relatively no dust.

Was surprised to see the front calipers on the M2 were different than the X3MC. Pad change on the M2 requires caliper removal whereas it doesn't on the X3. My calipers were really stuck on there and requires a lot of hitting with a rubber mallet to get them loose. After that, the pad change was pretty quick. Rears were the same as the X3 and took about 10 min per side due to removing the parking brake. I need to go bed the new pads, but am happy to be rid of that horrible brake dust.

Purchased from forum vendor RG Sport and they arrived in 2 days. Great vendor.

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport13042.00
awg87185.50
      12-15-2023, 03:52 AM   #2
Jaguar
Mark 42
Rep
Drives: M

What percentage roughly would you say dust is eliminated on the M2 with the new pads?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 07:02 AM   #3
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What percentage roughly would you say dust is eliminated on the M2 with the new pads?
98% - not kidding. I drove my wife's X3 yesterday & it's been 2 weeks & 500+ mi since I washed it. The wheels looked almost as clean as the day I washed it. It's also been 2 weeks & about 500 mi since I washed the M2 and the wheels were rusty bronze there is so much dust on them. The calipers on my wife's are still shiny blue, my red calipers were black.

Also the oem brake dust is very corrosive. We purchased my wife's used with 15k mi & it was evident the previous owner didn't frequently wash the vehicle. The wheels have a lot of pitting in the finish if you look up close, most likely from the dust.

Same time & miles on both cars. You can see the difference.
Attached Images

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.

Last edited by JABCAT; 12-15-2023 at 07:16 AM..
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13042.00
      12-17-2023, 09:16 AM   #4
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
Installed these on my wife's X3MC right after she picked it up & it is probably the best $500 spent on her vehicle so far. Stop as well as or better than OEM and relatively no dust.

Was surprised to see the front calipers on the M2 were different than the X3MC. Pad change on the M2 requires caliper removal whereas it doesn't on the X3. My calipers were really stuck on there and requires a lot of hitting with a rubber mallet to get them loose. After that, the pad change was pretty quick. Rears were the same as the X3 and took about 10 min per side due to removing the parking brake. I need to go bed the new pads, but am happy to be rid of that horrible brake dust.

Purchased from forum vendor RG Sport and they arrived in 2 days. Great vendor.
Thank you for being a repeat.

Glad I can help to keep your wheels clean from brake dust.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 01:23 PM   #5
AdiSinghV12
First Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport, X1, 525d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
98% - not kidding. I drove my wife's X3 yesterday & it's been 2 weeks & 500+ mi since I washed it. The wheels looked almost as clean as the day I washed it. It's also been 2 weeks & about 500 mi since I washed the M2 and the wheels were rusty bronze there is so much dust on them. The calipers on my wife's are still shiny blue, my red calipers were black.

Also the oem brake dust is very corrosive. We purchased my wife's used with 15k mi & it was evident the previous owner didn't frequently wash the vehicle. The wheels have a lot of pitting in the finish if you look up close, most likely from the dust.

Same time & miles on both cars. You can see the difference.
Good to know that you have found a way to keep the wheel bay cleaner, is there any more performance gains as the stock system itself is very good? And any additional noises?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 02:12 PM   #6
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Good to know that you have found a way to keep the wheel bay cleaner, is there any more performance gains as the stock system itself is very good? And any additional noises?
My oem pads squealed with only 500 mi, these are completely quiet. The car stops as well or better than stock.
Appreciate 0