home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Interior Modifications

09-10-2024, 12:54 PM   #1
M_too
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

Passenger Seat Memory Button

BMW did not include these buttons for the passenger side door. Several times I've found myself doing the reach-around from the drivers seat to move the passenger seat forward for rear occupants entering the vehicle.

I see the UK, or all right-hand-drive models for that matter, have this button (albeit not on the left side).

I wonder if simply adding this switch would bring the seat memory function or if there is more to it than that.

Has anyone added this button to the right door?

The P/N for the right seat memory button is: 61317937970.

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 06:12 PM   #2
J-RO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Nothing is that easy.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 09:08 PM   #3
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

I don't see how adding memory to the passenger seat will solve your issue of having the seat move all the way forward for rear occupants? Also why can't said occupants move the seat forward?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 08:53 AM   #4
DomMuc
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

you can add the switch.. but there is no wiring and no software....
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2024, 10:26 AM   #5
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

I believe the passenger seat is not programmable without additional software.

But the switch will make your car unique.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2024, 03:13 PM   #6
M_too
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
I don't see how adding memory to the passenger seat will solve your issue of having the seat move all the way forward for rear occupants? Also why can't said occupants move the seat forward?
Passengers are not as familiar with our cars as we are. From the drivers seat, moving the passenger seat up is not ideal b/c you need to hold it. If there was a mem function I could press a button to give rear occupants prescribed leg room. If the pass seat is all the way back and a passenger just folds the seat fwd when they put it back the seat goes all the way back.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2024, 03:19 PM   #7
M_too
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomMuc View Post
you can add the switch.. but there is no wiring and no software....

Good to know. I have found on some of the other vehicles I own that the wiring on some systems are already there, even w/o that option.

Yea, I was hoping that the software was already there and adding the module would complete it. When I do the speakers I'll see if the wiring is at least there.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2024, 07:02 AM   #8
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_too View Post
Passengers are not as familiar with our cars as we are. From the drivers seat, moving the passenger seat up is not ideal b/c you need to hold it. If there was a mem function I could press a button to give rear occupants prescribed leg room. If the pass seat is all the way back and a passenger just folds the seat fwd when they put it back the seat goes all the way back.
I'm still trying to picture this scenario. Are you saying you're having rear passengers and nobody in the front passenger seat? From the my driver's seat I can reach over and pull up on the seat-back lever & the seat moves up on its own. I don't have to hold it.

But my question is why would you need to do that from the driver's seat anyway? If a passenger were entering the vehicle from the passenger door, wouldn't they just pull the lever on the seat-back, seat moves up on it's own, they get in & you return the seat-back to it's position, seat moves back on it's own. Supposing no front passenger, when it's time for the rear passenger to exit, they simply lift the lever on the seat-back and the seat moves up.

Seems odd to have a rear passenger-side passenger who wouldn't be able to open the door & move the seat themselves. That's where I'm still confused. How often is this occurring that you would need a memory feature? Even then, the memory feature doesn't tilt the seat-back forward and move the seat all the way up for entrance/exit like pulling the lever does.
Appreciate 1
aerobod4129.00