home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Wheels / Tires

10-24-2023, 04:13 PM   #1
Gonzo3333
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Non ZTF 18" winter wheel and tire setup

Hello everybody, this is my first post here. I'm a new BMW owner and I have been confused trying to find a set of winter wheels and tires for the new M240. I spent some time here in the wheels/tires part of this forum trying to figure out what would fit. Over this last weekend, I went in to a local Discount Tire and spoke with a sales associate explaining that I wanted a cheap wheel that was 18" that would fit the car. So we came up with American Racing AMR AR948's, TPMS sensors, hardware lug kit, GT Radial Ice Pro 3's, and certificates for replacement tires if needed. The whole set up is $1,682.31. Once the tires and wheels arrive, I can post an update on fitment and how they look on the car.

I went with the Ice Pro 3's because I put them on my car (Ford Focus ST) last winter instead of the Blizzaks to save a little bit of cash. The Ice Pro's performed just as good as the Blizzaks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 05:02 PM   #2
PL4NCK
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G42 / 3rd gen Tacoma

Based on my (somewhat) limited research on this forum and on TireRack etc. you are saving a lot of money to get out the door for $1682! Those look like the right size and offset of 40mm to be pretty close to the right fitment.

Based on that low price I'd be suspicious of the quality of those wheels AMR wheels, but from what I can see they get pretty good reviews. Especially since winter wheels are going to get dirty faster and you won't spend much time looking at them you'll probably be fine with these.

Definitely post some pics once you get them installed!
Appreciate 0