bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-20-2024, 08:33 PM   #1
marciteleki
Hungary
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Manual shifting for new models?

Hi. I ordered my M240 in April and in the visual they sent me, the shifter in the center console shows some sort of a manual option with arrows on the top and bottom I haven't seen before. Anyone know what that means? Link:https://webfrontend.evecp.bmw.cloud/05c4f5c
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 10:14 PM   #2
sclui56
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E86, IS-F, G42, G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciteleki View Post
Hi. I ordered my M240 in April and in the visual they sent me, the shifter in the center console shows some sort of a manual option with arrows on the top and bottom I haven't seen before. Anyone know what that means? Link:https://webfrontend.evecp.bmw.cloud/05c4f5c
Sorry to burst your bubbles, that is the new "shifter" they started in 2023, no more shaft & knob type. So disappointing. Imagine my surprise when I picked up my daughter's build.

Since it's not my car, it takes me an extra look whenever I do 3-point turn or reverse.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2024, 07:29 PM   #3
PNTDG42
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G42, F97 LCI, EBA R35, Z34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclui56 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubbles, that is the new "shifter" they started in 2023, no more shaft & knob type. So disappointing. Imagine my surprise when I picked up my daughter's build.

Since it's not my car, it takes me an extra look whenever I do 3-point turn or reverse.
Youd adapt to it within a couple drives. Its very intuitive. Push toggle forward for reverse, or pull it backward for drive. Backward again to change between which auto mode. Pros and Cons to the ergonomics. My X3M has the traditional shift lever, and I dont feel any less in control or connected to the vehicle by having the toggle instead of an electronic lever simulating mechanical control. Afterall, its just an automatic transmission anyway.. the lever is only there to provide familiarity and cohesiveness with older vehicles.
Appreciate 0