05-29-2023, 10:32 AM   #221
M2Jorge
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spademonkey View Post
So I certainly hope they add more colors than that cause they were kinda underwhelming, also to your PM, we’re only on our 2nd allocation rn (mine was our first and didn’t arrive till beginning of May due to port installed part delay) and we’ve been not doing customer custom orders yet, Penske dealer so that’s the way they’re doing the first few allocations. Pricing is MSRP+$5500 in 7 year warranty ceramic coating and xpel on door edges, exterior door cups, and trunk entrance.
What port accessories caused the delay?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 10:39 AM   #222
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spademonkey View Post
So I certainly hope they add more colors than that cause they were kinda underwhelming, also to your PM, we’re only on our 2nd allocation rn (mine was our first and didn’t arrive till beginning of May due to port installed part delay) and we’ve been not doing customer custom orders yet, Penske dealer so that’s the way they’re doing the first few allocations. Pricing is MSRP+$5500 in 7 year warranty ceramic coating and xpel on door edges, exterior door cups, and trunk entrance.
Does not make 100% sense. You aren't doing custom orders but you say you have received two allocations? Was yours a custom build? What about the other allocation? Was that just withheld to the highest bidder (being the ADM being charged, it would make sense that you wouldn't have any custom orders anyway)?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 11:57 AM   #223
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Usually updates/modifications come with the new MY (announced in May for production starting in July), such as the iDrive 8 for the G42.
However, if I am not mistaken (but correct me if I am wrong), for the M3/4 some colors were randomly added during the year, such as Skyscraper Gray and Aventurine Red.
We'll see, for now I'm sticking with Brooklyn Grey but given the delay in production I don't rule out having the option of a MY25 color
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 09:38 AM   #224
M Division
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M24, X6, R34 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman4517 View Post
As hard as it is to believe, my next door neighbors son is an engineer up at BMW HQ R&D. If I'm very lucky, often on a Friday early evening, a camo-wrapped test vehicle is in the driveway momentarily before cars in the garage are rotated.

Just happens the new G87 M2 was there a week or 2 ago, I was walking my dog, chatted a bit. but was not allowed to take any pictures. Yeah, I know, no pictures, no story but I can tell you it is wide, VERY wide and very low. It reminded me a bit of my E92 335 coupe in size, just on steroids & thicker.

The wheels/tires are exactly the same size as my G82 Comp. The wheels were almost directly underneath the center of the engine hood and power dome on it looked a lot like the F80. Most of the interior was covered with black cloth, but the seats looked a bit like the KITH seats with the 3 ///M colors on the shoulder edges.

I could also make out some type of pixelated looking design on the door panels in ///M colors. I did not see any bulges or raised areas under the camo wrapped front fender where the M2 vent would go.

Sorry, can't get more technical than that and no pictures but impressive looking (other than the boxy front apron). It was a chance encounter. I can share these since they're already out though for credibility.
That's a neighbour with being a cake for every hour and again and dropping off b at the front door..

Was the letter "x" mentioned in the conversation by any chance??
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 02:37 AM   #225
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW x£

So guys, are we still thinking that there will NOT be a competition model in the works for Aug 24??

Just a base and CS and nothing else for the foreseable future??
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2023, 05:32 PM   #226
spademonkey
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6MT - Zandvoort Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Jorge View Post
What port accessories caused the delay?
I had mine fitted with the MPerf HAS at port, it added a few weeks which I was fine with.

We actually do have another 2024 allocation rn, MSRP+5k (same thing I mentioned earlier, ceramic w/7 year warranty, and xpel on the door edges, door cups, and tailgate/trunk entrance)
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 05:36 PM   #227
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87, 2011 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by truekumar View Post
Just a base and CS and nothing else for the foreseable future??
I posted my thoughts in another thread that I can't find now. :/ Short answer is, probably no Comp.

The consensus is there's not enough room between the base G87 and the G87CS to fit in a Comp. The base G87 is already a Comp in all but name. So there's no business reason for BMW to make a Comp.

Just a guess of course, there's nothing official from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 07:33 PM   #228
richiemd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i

When speaking with my insurance they referred to the M2 as M2 competition and also when I called BMW Canada they referred to it as a competition model also.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 08:26 PM   #229
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87, 2011 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiemd View Post
When speaking with my insurance they referred to the M2 as M2 competition and also when I called BMW Canada they referred to it as a competition model also.
They are technically wrong, but what are ya gonna do lol.
Appreciate 0