home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Regional Forums USA - New England

09-17-2023, 09:45 AM   #1
Rate-of-Twist
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F900Xr, Volvo XC60

Recommended New England Dealer for an M2

Not sure if this is an appropriate area or not, so please delete or shame me if not in line.

Looking for an M2 for 2024 and looking around at 3 dealers so far has produced:

1 total jackass that told me they sell all their M cars over MSRP and I would crash a M2 in the snow

1 Dealer at MSRP with $5k deposit but a clueless sales person

1 Dealer at MSRP with $2500 deposit and a guy that know his stuff but not even a similar car to sit in at the moment.

I have been waiting my whole life for a shot at buying a sports car that I want (versus always buying whatever I needed to get the family around)
so I'm not in a hurry, but I would like to buy at a dealer I like, I'd like the buying experience not to completely suck, and I'd like @ MSRP with a reasonable deposit.

Any recommendations within 500 miles of southern NH (or farther I guess is fine)
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2023, 12:19 PM   #2
akumachu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2, 2015 F22 228xi

The M2 and lots of M cars are not usually just sit in the lot of purchase.
The M2 right now has somehow of a waiting line but it is getting shorter.
My friend and I wait both waited for about 2 month after putting down deposit to get our allocation. And now we are waiting for another month or two for the cars to be made and shipped.

I had a dealer told me half a year ago that they do 10k over MSRP for the pre-order so I laughed and ignored them.

Sudbury (MA) BMW does not have a mark up for the pre-order for me.
The only way to not wait is for someone to not take they delivery after pre-ordering. I was lucky enough to test drive the G87 back in April when someone somehow didn't take delivery. The car was sold the day after.

So to set expectation, I think you should be expecting some wait time and paying MSRP but not over.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2023, 12:39 PM   #3
Rate-of-Twist
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F900Xr, Volvo XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumachu View Post
The M2 and lots of M cars are not usually just sit in the lot of purchase.
The M2 right now has somehow of a waiting line but it is getting shorter.
My friend and I wait both waited for about 2 month after putting down deposit to get our allocation. And now we are waiting for another month or two for the cars to be made and shipped.

I had a dealer told me half a year ago that they do 10k over MSRP for the pre-order so I laughed and ignored them.

Sudbury (MA) BMW does not have a mark up for the pre-order for me.
The only way to not wait is for someone to not take they delivery after pre-ordering. I was lucky enough to test drive the G87 back in April when someone somehow didn't take delivery. The car was sold the day after.

So to set expectation, I think you should be expecting some wait time and paying MSRP but not over.
No problem with a wait at all. Not expecting until 2024 or whenever. More interesting n a dealer that doesn’t completely suck (the dealer in central mass was a complete joke) Also looking for MSRP and as little “deposit” as possible. Ultimately the amount of the deposit isnt that important, as I’m putting cash down either way, but I would prefer my cash be in my hands and not the dealers for the privilege of getting in line for a car they are going to order anyway. $5k can be earning me at a minimum 5% sitting in a savings account.

I will reach out to the dealer in Subury, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2023, 03:51 PM   #4
apez
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2, F25 X3

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [7.62]
2015 BMW X3  [7.25]
Automaster in Burlington VT is probably too far, but they always sell at MSRP (based on what they have told me and my 3 experiences with them).
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 03:50 PM   #5
JmaddogT
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Hello I'm new to the forum and have a Frozen Portimao Blue M2 on order. But I do know my local dealership (Tully BMW in Nashua, NH)has a white one and black one on the lot. When they come in they don't usually last the weekend. Get down there.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 10:43 PM   #6
glenk
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2024 M2  [0.00]
I am new to the M2 forums too. I had a 2016 340 previously. I bought from Tulley Nashua too and was happy with their process. They charged no markup and were reasonable on my trade. Jim Beal was great to work with, very personable. Angel Cruz was the Genius for delivery and you can tell that he loves these cars. They do have a couple available on their website now, but they go quickly. I saw mine on their instagram on Saturday and bought it on Sunday three weeks ago. Alpine white with Cognac and manual. It was exactly what I would have ordered, so I got lucky.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 11:55 PM   #7
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87, 2011 E90 335i

Late to this thread, but FWIW I had a great experience buying from BMW of Warwick in Providence.

More precisely, I'd recommend a specific SA that works there. The SA was recommended to me by a buddy, and did not disappoint. Very engaged throughout (I preordered long before the first G87s were built), and also good at troubleshooting the inevitable problems.

If that sounds interesting, let me know and I can PM you some deets.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 02:33 PM   #8
dwp2002
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Comp

2024 bmw m2

I just took delivery of my 2024 BSM M2 from Open Road BMW in Edison, NJ. I looked all over New England but could not find a dealer who really wanted to help me buy one. They sold at MSRP and gave me a military discount. They took care of all the paperwork with Mass RMV (not usually a fun experience). I took a shuttle to Newark Airport and they picked me up and I drove the car home to Mass.
Appreciate 0