Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

12-22-2015, 11:26 PM   #45
Hass516
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Sooooo....with all new components and about a month and some change...how's the M4 doing?
      12-23-2015, 03:14 AM   #46
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warranty P View Post
Understood but you can't be a numb skull either. Who drives through huge puddles in this type of car? SUV yes, M3 no.
Pretty sure we've had enough perfect super hero decision maker people kick the guy in the balls....and pretty sure I read the op man up and admit it was a bad decision to wade his M3 through the Potomac River.
Let's just move past that...humility is in very low supply on the internet.

So, how's the car doing op.
And how much did your rates go up..

Last edited by Blksnowflake; 12-23-2015 at 03:34 AM..
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18198.00
      12-23-2015, 08:37 AM   #47
Warranty P
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
Pretty sure we've had enough perfect super hero decision maker people kick the guy in the balls....and pretty sure I read the op man up and admit it was a bad decision to wade his M3 through the Potomac River.

Woah this happens two months ago guy.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 02:25 PM   #48
mptpa
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warranty P View Post
Understood but you can't be a numb skull either. Who drives through huge puddles in this type of car? SUV yes, M3 no.

Well guys. Car got fixed right away. New engine, new turbos and starter plus a few sensors.

Rates have not gone up as I was told this is 'no fault comprehensive'. Just got the renewal and actually went down by $30.

Live and learn. Thx for asking and the comments.
2015 M4 (ED Aug 2014) Austin Yellow/Sakhir Orange, EXEC, DCT, LED, Driver Assist (SOLD)
2015 328GT (ED Apr 15), White, loaded (Wife's)
2012 X3 2.8, Dark Blue/Red (Wife's SOLD)
Retired: 2011 535i, ED / 2008 335is / 2006 525i ED,
2003 525i ED / 2002 Audi TT
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 08:36 AM   #49
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Reviving an old thread here...

Living in South Florida this past week has been brutal. The rains haven't stopped. Unfortunately I am dealing with a situation similar to OP. I drove through a few pretty deep puddles last night on my way home that were unavoidable. Car finally said limited power with a check engine light. I pulled in to the closest driveway, turned the car off, walked home and called roadside.

Car was flatbedded last night and I've been in contact with my SA this morning. Not sure of yet whether the engine is hydrolocked, but I'm not hopeful.

I'm waiting to hear back from my SA and then I'm going to call my ins. co. if need be (which is likely I guess).

2 years left on the lease. I hope whatever the fix is, I'm not dealing with a series of problems for the next 24 months.

If OP's ins. co. paid over $40k to fix, I can't imagine it's going to be totaled.

I don't need a lesson about how I shouldn't have driven through what I did; I am where I am and there's not a whole lot I can do about it now.

OP, has your car given you any issues since the replacement?

Last edited by KnightedBMW; 06-08-2017 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 10:33 AM   #50
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

I feel for you knighted. I drove home from work Tuesday after some serious flooding at my office and was nervous the whole way. I haven't driven my car since as my whole community is flooded. Sometimes you have no choice but to plow ahead and hope for the best. The rain and flooding in south Florida has been incredible.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 08:42 PM   #51
mptpa
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
Reviving an old thread here...

Living in South Florida this past week has been brutal. The rains haven't stopped. Unfortunately I am dealing with a situation similar to OP. I drove through a few pretty deep puddles last night on my way home that were unavoidable. Car finally said limited power with a check engine light. I pulled in to the closest driveway, turned the car off, walked home and called roadside.

Car was flatbedded last night and I've been in contact with my SA this morning. Not sure of yet whether the engine is hydrolocked, but I'm not hopeful.

I'm waiting to hear back from my SA and then I'm going to call my ins. co. if need be (which is likely I guess).

2 years left on the lease. I hope whatever the fix is, I'm not dealing with a series of problems for the next 24 months.

If OP's ins. co. paid over $40k to fix, I can't imagine it's going to be totaled.

I don't need a lesson about how I shouldn't have driven through what I did; I am where I am and there's not a whole lot I can do about it now.

OP, has your car given you any issues since the replacement?
I feel for you. Well my car was fine since it got fixed. A few months later, I had an excellent offer on an i8, so I traded it in (it was a lease) and even made a few thousand profit as it was an ED. But here is the kicker. Someone did a test drive at Ferman about a week later, and disabled all nanny features and drove too fast lost control and had a head on collision and the car was totaled.
FYI.. insurance was so close to writing the car off but I talked them out of it as it would have meant a while before I got a replacement. Good luck with your insurance.
2015 M4 (ED Aug 2014) Austin Yellow/Sakhir Orange, EXEC, DCT, LED, Driver Assist (SOLD)
2015 328GT (ED Apr 15), White, loaded (Wife's)
2012 X3 2.8, Dark Blue/Red (Wife's SOLD)
Retired: 2011 535i, ED / 2008 335is / 2006 525i ED,
2003 525i ED / 2002 Audi TT
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 11:12 PM   #52
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mptpa View Post
I feel for you. Well my car was fine since it got fixed. A few months later, I had an excellent offer on an i8, so I traded it in (it was a lease) and even made a few thousand profit as it was an ED. But here is the kicker. Someone did a test drive at Ferman about a week later, and disabled all nanny features and drove too fast lost control and had a head on collision and the car was totaled.
FYI.. insurance was so close to writing the car off but I talked them out of it as it would have meant a while before I got a replacement. Good luck with your insurance.
Don't ever let someone test drive your car and allow him to turn off all the nannies.

Even if it is family or friend just don't do it. It isn't worth it. Safety first.
      06-20-2017, 10:21 AM   #53
apexit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 SO M3

Now may be a good time to get turbo's if you were considering them.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 09:58 AM   #54
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Update: car not hydrolocked!! $6400 in repairs, but I have my baby back. Had to pay my deductible so I'll see if my insurance dings me when my renewal comes.

At least its a lease...
      09-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #55
ht4e
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Bad tank of gas from houston flood

after about 1 week since the hurricane harvey hit, the area I worked at was not hit very hard so the work resume. Got a tank of a 12 gallon gas in the morning and drove not even a mile back to work. Next thing I know, the car would not start. Apparently it had gotten water in the gas, roughly about 70% water and 30% gas split on the composition. Dealership asked for 25k to repair. Is this normal? 18k was labor. I did not think they would have to replace the fuel system ie. fuel pump, injectors other sensors involved because the injector only spray a small amount at a time. The engine is fine, so why could they not just do a flush/purge, and instead, they have to replace the whole fuel system. Anybody has an idea? I thought people use water+meth to clean engine.
Any info is appreciated.
Appreciate 0