Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 135i, G87 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [10.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtougher View Post
Funny you say that. I have a similar thought process right now due to me having "plans" for my current car that I just never got around to. Mostly wheels, stance, front lip spoiler, etc.

I was thinking that this time I need to get it all figured out up front if at all possible and enjoy the car with the stuff, instead of asking the same question you did: do I want to do this stuff now for a car I will only keep _____ much longer?

I'm hoping it doesn't hold it up too much for me, but I'm technically not in a rush outside of my impatience...it's not a NEED to have the car sooner. So I think it's worth it!

But ask me again later and I may have a different answer. LOL
My car only spent 3 or 4 days at VPC for HAS install and was delivered to the dealership at the same time as other forum members who did not get HAS, so it's possible that HAS won't delay you at all. I'm glad that I elected to have it port installed since it saved me the hassle of adding it later and I also like having it covered under warranty. It's luck of the draw on whether or not it will cause any delays, but I think it's worth it. Just my two cents.

Old username: OnesAndEyes
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 01:39 PM   #3918
Six26
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.McNutty View Post
My car only spent 3 or 4 days at VPC for HAS install and was delivered to the dealership at the same time as other forum members who did not get HAS, so it's possible that HAS won't delay you at all. I'm glad that I elected to have it port installed since it saved me the hassle of adding it later and I also like having it covered under warranty. It's luck of the draw on whether or not it will cause any delays, but I think it's worth it. Just my two cents.
Oh I believe it's 100% worth it for every reason you mentioned just killing me as it's so close to being here but isn't yet LoL. Mine has been there for 9 days and counting as of now. Need it to arrive so I can install stuff and take it to get tint and Full PPF done.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 01:48 PM   #3919
Mr.McNutty
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [10.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six26 View Post
Oh I believe it's 100% worth it for every reason you mentioned just killing me as it's so close to being here but isn't yet LoL. Mine has been there for 9 days and counting as of now. Need it to arrive so I can install stuff and take it to get tint and Full PPF done.
Ouch, that's a painful wait for the last leg of the journey. Surely the holidays didn't do you any favors. Due to some PPF issues combined with a vacation I wasn't driving my car until nearly a month after delivey, but all those worries are a thing of the past now.

Rest assured that everyone on this forum knows your pain. Speaking on behalf of all of us that have taken delivery, all the waiting-induced pain will melt away the second your foot hits the gas pedal. Almost there!

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 02:14 PM   #3920
Six26
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Ouch, that's a painful wait for the last leg of the journey. Surely the holidays didn't do you any favors. Due to some PPF issues combined with a vacation I wasn't driving my car until nearly a month after delivey, but all those worries are a thing of the past now.

Rest assured that everyone on this forum knows your pain. Speaking on behalf of all of us that have taken delivery, all the waiting-induced pain will melt away the second your foot hits the gas pedal. Almost there!
Oh I know and that will prob be the same wait for me. Once everything is done getting those break in miles knocked out will be the next priority.
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2024, 12:37 AM   #3921
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435ix M Sport EWG

Carbon pack here, on the Glovis Sun. Getting closer.
Appreciate 3
JMcLellan2084.00
rk95379.50
      01-05-2024, 10:20 AM   #3922
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2 6MT

Quote:
Oh I'm with you I don't need it right now it's just so close and like a kid I want my toy. I have the stuff to add to it and appointment setup to get PPF and window tint setup just going to have to push back a week on it.
That's exactly how I'm feeling...like a kid waiting to open my Christmas presents!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 10:26 AM   #3923
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
I had my last car for about 3 years and a few months into it I was already thinking about a future car. To avoid the wandering-eye I ended up spending a bit on new wheels/tires, had an LSD installed, engine and trans tuning, front splitter, rear diffuser, and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting. I think 8 to 9K worth of stuff. Biggest pain was the financial hit of not recouping any money for the mods-- it would have been fine if I just kept the car. Though I do think I got 1K to 2K more on the selling price because the buyer really wanted a car with the LSD and the Apex wheels I had.

I mentioned window tint for the new M2 to my wife the other day and she almost kicked me out. Any minor additions to the car post-delivery will have to be played very carefully. Running list so far: window tint, partial PPF, skid plate to better protect the oil cooler.
Yeah, tread carefully!

I will need to do a handful of things when I get the car as well. Window tint is a MUST for me here, but also a couple of things like that front lip spoiler and side skirts to complete the look I was going for. Luckily, I got those pre-approved up front by the boss (wife)!

Quote:
That's good to know. I was reading that it was pretty hit or miss, but that's also understandable, given whether they happen to have the parts there when your car gets there, etc.

Glad to know you're enjoying the car!
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2024, 11:04 AM   #3924
Mr.McNutty
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [10.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
I had my last car for about 3 years and a few months into it I was already thinking about a future car. To avoid the wandering-eye I ended up spending a bit on new wheels/tires, had an LSD installed, engine and trans tuning, front splitter, rear diffuser, and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting. I think 8 to 9K worth of stuff. Biggest pain was the financial hit of not recouping any money for the mods-- it would have been fine if I just kept the car. Though I do think I got 1K to 2K more on the selling price because the buyer really wanted a car with the LSD and the Apex wheels I had.

I mentioned window tint for the new M2 to my wife the other day and she almost kicked me out. Any minor additions to the car post-delivery will have to be played very carefully. Running list so far: window tint, partial PPF, skid plate to better protect the oil cooler.
Like xtough , I think that window tint is an absolute MUST.

Sure, it's aesthetically pleasing, but it's also the bare minimum in terms of mods in my opinion. Tint and wheels/LSD/tuning, etc. are hardly in the same category as far as necessity, so tell your wife you're trying to reduce your sun exposure to save yourself from skin cancer or something like that, haha. My pasty ass was wearing sunscreen in the car for a week or two before I got my tint done.

Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2084.00
      01-05-2024, 11:20 AM   #3925
dadjoker
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
HAS delayed mine by 3 weeks
Appreciate 1
Vinknee93.00
      01-05-2024, 11:59 AM   #3926
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Sure, it's aesthetically pleasing, but it's also the bare minimum in terms of mods in my opinion. Tint and wheels/LSD/tuning, etc. are hardly in the same category as far as necessity, so tell your wife you're trying to reduce your sun exposure to save yourself from skin cancer or something like that, haha. My pasty ass was wearing sunscreen in the car for a week or two before I got my tint done.
I will get the tint done but it might have to wait a few weeks/months after delivery to let things settle down. I am pasty white too but luckily there isn't much sunlight where I live until spring time.

Part of my business case to step up into a full M car was that the car would be fitted with all the things from the factory so I wouldn't have to spend a bunch on mods. So the process will be telling the wife that tint, PPF, skid plate are for safety reasons, not performance mods. We'll get there.
      01-06-2024, 02:06 PM   #3927
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
I will get the tint done but it might have to wait a few weeks/months after delivery to let things settle down. I am pasty white too but luckily there isn't much sunlight where I live until spring time.

Part of my business case to step up into a full M car was that the car would be fitted with all the things from the factory so I wouldn't have to spend a bunch on mods. So the process will be telling the wife that tint, PPF, skid plate are for safety reasons, not performance mods. We'll get there.
I love the use of "business case" in this context!

And it's interesting, living here my whole life. I never even thought of tint as a "mod" until the forums...I just thought it was REQUIRED. LOL
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2024, 10:38 AM   #3928
Six26
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadjoker View Post
Damn for real?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 10:40 AM   #3929
dadjoker
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Damn for real?
Unfortunately yeah, I’m still waiting
Appreciate 1
AZG871019.50
      01-07-2024, 11:31 AM   #3930
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:

I’m of the same mindset. Skid plate and tint were done immediately. Instead of PPF, I’m having paint correction and ceramic coating work later this month. Good luck.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2084.00
      01-07-2024, 11:32 AM   #3931
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It’s worth the wait. IMO
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2024, 09:00 PM   #3932
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, 2018 Mustang GT traded in

Quote:
Mine was about 2 weeks delayed as well due to waiting for parts on the HAS install back in Oct. Another member on the same boat also with HAS installed got delivered no delay. Probably just luck of the draw.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 06:55 AM   #3933
Six26
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
When did yours get to the Port.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 08:38 AM   #3934
Sculpin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 8Y RS3

I took delivery on Friday at the Performance Center and am now back home in Florida. The car is amazing and I couldn't be happier.

The seats probably added at least a month to the wait time but they are absolutely worth it. I understand they are not for everyone but if you know you want these seats, my advice is to hold out until you can get them. Otherwise, don't ever sit in a car that has them or you'll experience an extreme level of regret.

This was my timeline:

05/30: Deposit paid, on the wait list
07/29: Allocation received
10/10: Scheduled for production
10/26: Production begins
11/08: Exterior body assembly begins
11/08: In the paint booth
11/08: Entering assembly line
11/12: Ready for transport
11/23: In transit
11/27: At the port
12/21: Arrived at the Performance Center
01/05: Delivered

I had the MP HAS, center console lid, floor mats, and trunk mat installed at the port. You'll notice I was at the port for over three weeks. I don't know why it was there so long. It could have been due to parts or it could have been because the car arrived at the port 5 weeks prior to the scheduled delivery day and they were just storing it there.
Attached Images

1995 E36 M3 (Retired)
Appreciate 5
      01-08-2024, 09:00 AM   #3935
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpin View Post

I had the MP HAS, center console lid, floor mats, and trunk mat installed at the port. You'll notice I was at the port for over three weeks. I don't know why it was there so long.
Holidays? Vacations?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 09:30 AM   #3936
Sculpin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 8Y RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
Holidays? Vacations?
I meant I was not told a specific reason nor did I ask for one. Many people ask "how long does MP HAS take at the port?" I don't want people to think that my case was a typical one, and I was trying to preemptively answer the inevitable follow-up questions.
1995 E36 M3 (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 11:19 AM   #3937
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpin View Post
I meant I was not told a specific reason nor did I ask for one. Many people ask "how long does MP HAS take at the port?" I don't want people to think that my case was a typical one, and I was trying to preemptively answer the inevitable follow-up questions.
Mine was about 1 week in early October 2023. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 06:03 PM   #3938
tj_lethal187
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

I got the production timeline on my car today and I just curiously asked what the timeline would be on Frozen True Grey Metallic instead of Brooklyn Grey and they said they were not currently offering individual colors on the M2. Not a big deal as I have liked BG on the M2 since I first saw it, but has anyone else heard that?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0