BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Exterior Modifications

02-29-2024, 05:29 PM   #1
Ronin76
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

M Performance exterior carbon fiber trim

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping this thread makes sense. So I am on the waitlist for an M2 and have been planning the items I want to purchase once I get the car. I would like to get some carbon fiber exterior pieces (front lip, side skirts, defuser, and rear spoiler) but I do not like the current M Performance kits with the large fins on the spoiler and side skirts. I do like AutoID's kit and will purchase that if I have to but was wondering if there is another M Performance kit that would work on the M2 that is not the one that we have seen displayed on the car so far?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 09:16 AM   #2
M2 CCO
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [8.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin76 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping this thread makes sense. So I am on the waitlist for an M2 and have been planning the items I want to purchase once I get the car. I would like to get some carbon fiber exterior pieces (front lip, side skirts, defuser, and rear spoiler) but I do not like the current M Performance kits with the large fins on the spoiler and side skirts. I do like AutoID's kit and will purchase that if I have to but was wondering if there is another M Performance kit that would work on the M2 that is not the one that we have seen displayed on the car so far?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks!
I’m not aware of any other M performance kits for the car at this time. Maybe when the CS model is released there will be a refresh to some of the accessories. In the spy photos there appears to be a specific CS front lip for example.
Appreciate 1
Ronin76740.00
      03-01-2024, 02:28 PM   #3
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

MPerformance items are extremely over-priced.
Much of the aftermarket aero currently available is too because the car is brand new & manufacturers are trying to recoup their development/tooling costs. In a couple years (hopefully) there should be more variety and much lower prices.
Appreciate 1
Ronin76740.00
      03-01-2024, 04:57 PM   #4
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

I specified factory installed carbon fiber rear spoiler and mirror caps.
Both items are superior to much of the after market available junk.
Can’t comment on other items.
YMMV
Appreciate 1
Ronin76740.00
      03-01-2024, 05:18 PM   #5
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

I do like the M Performance cf air inlets aka dive planes.

For rear spoiler, TRE-01 and Unit 17 oem++ are my favs (Unit 17's oem++ resembles the M Performance spoiler but runs the width of the trunk). I have the TRE-01 on my G87 M2 and the Unit 17 on my G42 M240.

I like TRE's grilles (I have the CSL version going on soon...was supposed to be this week but had an unexpected delay).

I know these arent kits but for now, not looking to dump a lot of $$ in exterior cf parts. Focus is on performance for now (Eventuri going on next week which should complete the initial performance uogrades).

I may save my pennies for Vorsteiner's hood.
Appreciate 1
Ronin76740.00
      03-01-2024, 08:04 PM   #6
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
I do like the M Performance cf air inlets aka dive planes.

For rear spoiler, TRE-01 and Unit 17 oem++ are my favs (Unit 17's oem++ resembles the M Performance spoiler but runs the width of the trunk). I have the TRE-01 on my G87 M2 and the Unit 17 on my G42 M240.

I like TRE's grilles (I have the CSL version going on soon...was supposed to be this week but had an unexpected delay).

I know these arent kits but for now, not looking to dump a lot of $$ in exterior cf parts. Focus is on performance for now (Eventuri going on next week which should complete the initial performance uogrades).

I may save my pennies for Vorsteiner's hood.
You’re building a little beast over there lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 08:48 PM   #7
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Does anyone know how much BMW charges to install their rear spoiler at the port? I am not referring to the old school supra one in which you probably have to drill holes in the trunk to install. I am talking about the basic one.

I have been debating on going the M Performance route to avoid having to go 3rd party and then taking it to a shop and paying them to remove the OEM one, prepping the trunk, and then installing it. I know the M Performance one does not go edge to edge but I know it will be of good quality, will match the CF rear defuser I plan on getting and the dive planes for the front bumper.

The only CF bits I really need to get from a 3rd party is the front splitter and side skirts because I am not a fan of those wings they have on the ends.

BMW messed with their M Performance website so not only can you not see the prices but you can't even see the parts.
Appreciate 0