BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications

12-22-2023, 07:17 AM   #155
turnsignalslol
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller View Post
I have the full system and you’re right, they do sound alike.
I should mention that the clamps they provide are very high quality, I’ve had to lossen and tighten them all countless times now. I managed to break one bolt, but it was easy to replace.

The figment for the full system isn’t perfect so it takes time and patience to adjust the pipes and hangers.
There is an area at the rear differential where the figment can be tricky and it likes to hit on the diff, just make sure you clear that and the brace at the same time.
Honestly I don’t recommend this but I had to put a washer between the new valvetronic brace and the under body to get it to stop rubbing there too.

I hand tighten everything and have zero leaks.

You don’t have to cut any rubber trim, just poke a hole in a rubber round grommet for the wire and silicone it back up.
This is honestly the best method.
They won’t leak and you can’t see them.

It’s been on for a week but it’s still not perfect for me yet.
I can’t get the tips to align and be symmetrical, I’ve tried everything.
I think my system might be slightly bent.

As far as I know, none of the valve controllers cause a CEL.

Just Don’t mount the controller box directly to metal if you don’t have to, it was shorting out on me.

The sound makes up for everything, it can get loud as fuck.
I start the car in my garage and It’s not bad inside with the valves closed on a cold start.
You forget to close the Valves and it’s a different story.
If I had to start my car outside every day, I’d probably not of chosen such an aggressive setup. It’s not neighborhood friendly in Canada, in the winter, at all.
Red line it and it’s fucking nuts.

Oh! And doesn’t matter what system you buy, don’t let the tips touch anything or each other while it’s running, if you do they will vibrate horrible marks into the tips.

In the end I wish it was a bit quieter when the valves are closed but I love it regardless.
Wow, thanks for all of your detailed responses! Yeah, that's honestly the nature of aftermarket exhaust systems, 99% of the time they won't fit exactly like OEM and usually require a little bit of finessing and tweaking to make perfect. I had to use washers on the hangars for my F87 when installing my AA single midpipe to prevent the pipe from making the most annoying vibrating sound when it hit the heat shield at like 1.5-2k rpms.

I plan to have any future exhaust systems installed by a professional shop in my area that I trust, I had my experience installing exhausts with my F87 and honestly that was enough for me lol.

If anything, I want my car to be obnoxiously loud with the valves open yet like OEM when valves are closed. I always had the quietest car in my groups

Also, can the valve controller be programmed to the homelink? I'd like to be able to use that to control the valves if possible since I already have a feeling I'm somehow going to lose the physical remote. Probably need to put an airtag on that

Past: 2022 330i RWD
2020 M2 Competition DCT
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 07:24 AM   #156
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnsignalslol View Post
Wow, thanks for all of your detailed responses! Yeah, that's honestly the nature of aftermarket exhaust systems, 99% of the time they won't fit exactly like OEM and usually require a little bit of finessing and tweaking to make perfect. I had to use washers on the hangars for my F87 when installing my AA single midpipe to prevent the pipe from making the most annoying vibrating sound when it hit the heat shield at like 1.5-2k rpms.

I plan to have any future exhaust systems installed by a professional shop in my area that I trust, I had my experience installing exhausts with my F87 and honestly that was enough for me lol.

If anything, I want my car to be obnoxiously loud with the valves open yet like OEM when valves are closed. I always had the quietest car in my groups

Also, can the valve controller be programmed to the homelink? I'd like to be able to use that to control the valves if possible since I already have a feeling I'm somehow going to lose the physical remote. Probably need to put an airtag on that

Yes, valve controller can be programmed in the homelink/"garage buttons" on the rear view mirror.
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2023, 09:24 AM   #157
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Were the sheared bolts from overtorquing? This is slightly worrying if it came like that and it wasn't from user error...
Nope, definitely wasn't me. They were from misthreading screws. They just seemed to be low quality. I haven't had a single issue since after replacing everything.

Maybe I just got a bad batch? No issues with the exhaust otherwise.
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2023, 12:10 PM   #158
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosbocaj View Post
Nope, definitely wasn't me. They were from misthreading screws. They just seemed to be low quality. I haven't had a single issue since after replacing everything.

Maybe I just got a bad batch? No issues with the exhaust otherwise.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 05:25 PM   #159
yuzu
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Does this mean you have to retighten the clamps every couple hundred miles or just once after the install? Having to lift the car up to retighten all the clamps sounds like a pain in the ass, especially if you use floor jacks and jack stands
No definitely not, they just recommended checking them after they have had some time to settle
Appreciate 2
      02-01-2024, 02:07 AM   #160
keonigt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

If replacing the OEM midpipe with the valvetronic midpipe, Will the valves still be controlled by the OEM controls?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 06:31 AM   #161
Valvetronic Designs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: We <3 them all

[QUOTE=keonigt;30865087]If replacing the OEM midpipe with the valvetronic midpipe, Will the valves still be controlled by the OEM controls?

correct! we do recommend a valve controller though, really helps heighten the sound experience
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 09:13 PM   #162
kninjak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW 2012 M3

How to hardwire valveteonic controller in trunk and DIY I installed the full system but not able to find any on how to hardwire it , it comes with a cigarette lighter adapter to power but I wan to power form the trunk
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 11:29 AM   #163
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kninjak View Post
How to hardwire valveteonic controller in trunk and DIY I installed the full system but not able to find any on how to hardwire it , it comes with a cigarette lighter adapter to power but I wan to power form the trunk
Thanks
For install questions, i recommend contacting Valvetronic directly.

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 12:22 PM   #164
Valvetronic Designs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: We <3 them all

Hey there, for the fuse tap here is an example off a G87, that tiny red wire is fuse tapped into an open accessory fuse location in the G87 trunk. This works for G80/G82 series BMW's as well. For additional information, please contact us and we are happy to assist!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 09:34 PM   #165
kninjak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW 2012 M3

Awesome know it’s more easy to install , I do appreciate the communication I got through Mike I email with a link to buy the fuse tap which I did, just one more question what amp fuse do I need to add and what fuse no if you can help specifically on the fuse box, will be installing it on Sunday hopefully.
Once again awesome to deal with Mike and valvetronic.
Looking forward to buy for G80 in couple months.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 11:38 AM   #166
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kninjak View Post
Awesome know it’s more easy to install , I do appreciate the communication I got through Mike I email with a link to buy the fuse tap which I did, just one more question what amp fuse do I need to add and what fuse no if you can help specifically on the fuse box, will be installing it on Sunday hopefully.
Once again awesome to deal with Mike and valvetronic.
Looking forward to buy for G80 in couple months.
Thanks
Thank you for the support

Appreciate 0