BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

06-03-2024, 12:55 PM   #1
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2 BSM

Initial thoughts on M Perf HAS Kit

Howdy folks - first, I will post pics of my car so you can see it lowered. Just wanted to get out some initial thoughts. Keep in mind, I can't compare this to stock ride quality since I ordered my car with the HAS kit.

Ride quality: I think it is fantastic. CT has some notoriously horrible road surfaces & I've already hit some spots where the top layer pavement is missing. Just incredible ride quality - smooths right over the bumps in comfort setting. Compared to the F87, this is leaps & bounds better & more comfortable. That said, the F87 ride quality never bothered me anyway (esp after I installed the Fortune Auto 500 coilovers.) It was rough, but not bone-rattling rough.

Scraping: I have heard some scraping when heading into my driveway & over too-high speed bumps. But, it turns out that it's these air-director flaps under the car up front. They protrude a good 1"+ for sure & I am pretty sure that is what I am hearing (the edges are marred a bit). See pic. No marks on the bumper or the tires/wheel wells. I am hoping this means when I install my soon-to-arrive Maxton Street Pro splitter, that probably won't scrape. Fingers crossed.

Appearance: I definitely prefer the much smaller wheel gap. Glad I chose this option & it's nice it's warranted.
Attached Images

2024 M2 | BSM | 6SPD | Port-Installed M Perf HAS | MAD Axle-back Exhaust | MAD CAI with blue filters | Dinan Midpipe | Richland Forged RF-GT3R Wheels Brushed Competition Gold & machined face | AudioControl D-6.1200 Amp & DSP | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & Rear | Morel BMW-Specific Subwoofers | Lots of neat interior upgrades!
Appreciate 7
      09-09-2024, 02:11 PM   #2
dancing__narwhal
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 m340ix

Thanks for sharing. Any comment on handling in spirited driving?
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2024, 05:08 PM   #3
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing__narwhal View Post
Thanks for sharing. Any comment on handling in spirited driving?
I haven't tracked it or driven like a hooligan yet - pretty much just str8 line acceleration & taking on/off ramps aggressively. Feels very tight to me & sure-footed. It is pretty confidence-inspiring. But I have no before/after as the kit was port installed. I can definitely say that in the comfort mode (or whatever the softest setting is), the road manners are very, very nice. Bumps are smoothed out very well & it really feels like a tightly tuned luxury car ride.

The slight rubbing on the wheel well trim where the vents are, I fixed that by cutting the fins out & installing aftermarket grilles. Now, no rubbing whatsoever.

Can't comment on comparison to F87 because that ride was pretty hard & aggressive, not adjustable at all. I mounted Fortune Auto adjustable shocks (500 series) & used that to ease the jarring ride. And I can tell you when adjusted for track driving, that thing was glued to the road. I never set it to its firmest setting, even on the track. Maybe 2 clicks shy I think?
2024 M2 | BSM | 6SPD | Port-Installed M Perf HAS | MAD Axle-back Exhaust | MAD CAI with blue filters | Dinan Midpipe | Richland Forged RF-GT3R Wheels Brushed Competition Gold & machined face | AudioControl D-6.1200 Amp & DSP | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & Rear | Morel BMW-Specific Subwoofers | Lots of neat interior upgrades!
Appreciate 1