BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

07-28-2023, 10:00 PM   #23
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I’m pretty sure you’ve misspelled the maker of the SSK. Should be Rogue Engineering, not Rouge.

Thank you fixed!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2023, 06:06 PM   #24
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

I’m sorry, but I have to disagree with the cheese KIES , carbon, fiber, strut brace. It’s not strong enough to do anything carbon cannot be a strong as steel you guys need to stop with the BS.

Other then that car looks great!!.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 10:07 AM   #25
PABrian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Looks like some pretty solid stuff there, and the car looks great aside from (IMO) the wheel color. Like others have said, let's hear an exhaust sound clip and see some real numbers comparisons between this and a stock M2!

I do have one issue though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PSI View Post
The Kies Motorsport Adjustable Carbon Strut Brace provides more than just structural support. Its carbon fiber construction not only reduces weight but also enhances chassis rigidity and torsional stiffness. The adjustable design allows precise tuning to suit different driving conditions, effectively reducing flex during hard cornering, and inspiring confidence in the driver.
Does it actually reduce weight vs the stock system? I checked their web site and they don't list weight reduction there. I get that CFRP is lightweight, but so is the stock setup. They went from the older style CFRP to steel/aluminum because they were able to match rigidity and weight while taking up less space in the engine bay and costing less.

Also, let's be real about this adjustable part...there is zero benefit to that. You'll never, ever "adjust preload" (as they say on their web site) of chassis bracing to suit different driving conditions. All you're doing is bending things, plus having all those attachment points just introduces opportunities for flexing/pivoting. Chassis bracing should always be rigid, as that forces the suspension to absorb more of the impacts and not translate them to the chassis. Stiffer chassis = smoother ride.
Appreciate 1
FrozenGT1116.50
      07-31-2023, 03:21 PM   #26
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by PABrian View Post
Looks like some pretty solid stuff there, and the car looks great aside from (IMO) the wheel color. Like others have said, let's hear an exhaust sound clip and see some real numbers comparisons between this and a stock M2!

I do have one issue though...

Does it actually reduce weight vs the stock system? I checked their web site and they don't list weight reduction there. I get that CFRP is lightweight, but so is the stock setup. They went from the older style CFRP to steel/aluminum because they were able to match rigidity and weight while taking up less space in the engine bay and costing less.

Also, let's be real about this adjustable part...there is zero benefit to that. You'll never, ever "adjust preload" (as they say on their web site) of chassis bracing to suit different driving conditions. All you're doing is bending things, plus having all those attachment points just introduces opportunities for flexing/pivoting. Chassis bracing should always be rigid, as that forces the suspension to absorb more of the impacts and not translate them to the chassis. Stiffer chassis = smoother ride.

Yes! Best one is the CSL bar. Buts it’s $2600 lol
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 03:52 PM   #27
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

New Video Build Breakdown of our G87 M2 unveiled at SEMA
!
Appreciate 1