BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Exterior Modifications

10-23-2023, 02:01 PM   #1
DailyDownshift
Battle Tactician
Canada
Rep
Drives: TR G87

Unit17 AutoStyling Carbon Fiber Front Splitter Lip

I recently installed the Unit 17 Autostyling US carbon fiber front lip by luckym3girlnj for my G87. Despite my car being lowered, having aftermarket wheels and other carbon fiber goodies, the car never truly felt “modified”. For whatever reason, this front lip changed that feeling entirely for me. It probably has to do with the fact that the front end looks a bit unfinished on these new M2’s and a complimentary lip goes a long way.

Anyways, let me talk a little bit about the quality, fit and finish since I haven’t seen anyone discuss this brand on the forum and because it’s also my first piece from them:
The lip is a pre-preg 1 piece carbon fiber design and the first thing I noticed is how incredibly light weight it is. I’ve owned a variety of lips, side skirts and spoilers for other BMW’s and none have gotten close to being this light. By that same token, the product is very thin and has zero excess bulk or plastic reinforcement anywhere. It almost looks like a shell made up entirely of thin layers of carbon fiber.

The weave is a typical 2x2 weave that matches other carbon products I have such as RW’s mirror caps and AutoID’s spoiler. (No it doesn’t quite match the roof but the color is pretty much the same). I can’t speak on the quality of the clear coat as I’ve only had it for a week now, but based on the general construction and look, its safe to say they probably used the good stuff here.

Another huge plus for me is the fact that the front lip utilizes all the OEM mounting points on the underside of the bumper. Down the middle it uses all 5 10mm screws and the 2 push pins on either end. Along the sides it uses 2-3 10mm screws and 2 push pins per side.

The fit of the lip is also quite great, no noticeable gaps or differences between one side and the other. Side winglets are evenly spaced on both sides of the car as well. Finally, even though it was a large 1 piece design, installing it myself was quite easy with a couple boxes to help prop it up close to the bumper. I installed 2 10mm's in the middle of the lip then removed all boxes and installed the rest of the screws/push pins. Due to it's light weight nature, you could get away with 1 or 2 10mm screws holding it up entirely while you get the rest of the mounting points bolted up.

Super impressed, will definitely have to get some more stuff from them as more products get released. I believe they're doing a full aero package, but dropping 1 piece at a time instead of the full kit all together. As a friendly disclaimer, I am now working with the brand in a limited capacity but this post in specific is not sponsored and it was created using my own volition.

Here's a link to the product, you can save 10% off using my discount code "Dailydownshift" - https://unit17autostyling.com/produc...r-oem-fitment/

Check out my video on it if you'd like to see what I described in text above -

Name:  trm2.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  678.4 KBName:  trm22.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  407.6 KBName:  trm23.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  389.2 KBName:  trm24.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  296.4 KBName:  trm25.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  481.3 KBName:  trm27.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  383.0 KB

Attached Images

Last edited by DailyDownshift; 10-23-2023 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: additional info
Appreciate 3
      10-27-2023, 06:51 PM   #2
luckym3girlnj
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 Mint Green G80 M3

Daily Downshift

I love how this looks on red ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Francesca
Unit17AutoStyling

www.unit17autostyling.com
Appreciate 2
      11-01-2023, 01:46 PM   #3
DriveWithDray
Jedi Knight
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C & 600LT

Looks awesome! both the G87 and G80 look awkward and unfinished without front splitters
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2023, 05:36 AM   #4
luckym3girlnj
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 Mint Green G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveWithDray View Post
Looks awesome! both the G87 and G80 look awkward and unfinished without front splitters

Couldn’t agree more 🙂 can’t wait til you guys see the side skirts that are almost out of production 🤤

Francesca
Unit17AutoStyling

www.unit17autostyling.com
Appreciate 0