12-21-2023, 09:00 PM   #23
mrdudley
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
I am not a fan of the "machine gun tune" either but the G87 (my car) with the Valvetronic valved sport exhaust system with valves open does crackle with backflow/backpressure but its not the firework pops (sorry to Fi, I got theirs as yours wasnt available at the time).
How do you like that exhaust? Did you do axel back or cat back?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 10:23 PM   #24
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdudley View Post
How do you like that exhaust? Did you do axel back or cat back?

I got the catback. I like it very much. There were no issues with quality or fitment. I could tell a performance difference on the stock vehicle and sound was awesome (car is being built now so next time I drive it it will have high flow catted downpipes and stage 2 tune so will see the difference). I am excited to get yhebGo on the M240 to see how it wakes it up.
Appreciate 1
mrdudley356.50
      12-22-2023, 08:38 AM   #25
mrdudley
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got the catback. I like it very much. There were no issues with quality or fitment. I could tell a performance difference on the stock vehicle and sound was awesome (car is being built now so next time I drive it it will have high flow catted downpipes and stage 2 tune so will see the difference). I am excited to get yhebGo on the M240 to see how it wakes it up.
Thanks! I find the stock exhaust to be a bit muted. Looking for something to liven it up, but won’t be doing a down pipe.
Appreciate 2
AZG87967.00
FiEXHAUST196.50
      12-22-2023, 12:11 PM   #26
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Sound clip please

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 12:00 PM   #27
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, 2018 Mustang GT traded in

Quote:
Thanks! I find the stock exhaust to be a bit muted. Looking for something to liven it up, but won’t be doing a down pipe.
Sounds like an ev from the factory, especially in efficient mode with valves closed. Little better in sport / sport + with valves partially opened. If not wanting to go full exhaust, check out a mid replacement. Wakes her right up especially with an equal length like AA and you can always expand to an axle back or down pipe later as well if needing more.
Appreciate 1
mrdudley356.50
      12-24-2023, 11:47 PM   #28
FiEXHAUST
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-8, M and X series

Quote:
Let us know if you'd like to speak with our rep about our catback setup and tip options.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 03:31 PM   #29
anthemavm
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
I am with you and torn on what to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 11:32 AM   #30
mrdudley
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZG87 View Post
Sounds like an ev from the factory, especially in efficient mode with valves closed. Little better in sport / sport + with valves partially opened. If not wanting to go full exhaust, check out a mid replacement. Wakes her right up especially with an equal length like AA and you can always expand to an axle back or down pipe later as well if needing more.
What are your thoughts on EL vs single. Have read a lot of posts, but still undecided.
Appreciate 1
AZG87967.00
      01-03-2024, 11:44 AM   #31
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, 2018 Mustang GT traded in

Quote:
What are your thoughts on EL vs single. Have read a lot of posts, but still undecided.
I personally like the more aggressive tone of the EL, especially if keeping all else stock. But, if planning on a down pipe or axle back too then the single would keep it a bit more under control, especially if opting for the resonated version. Single will also save you a few extra lbs.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 12:44 PM   #32
mrdudley
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZG87 View Post
I personally like the more aggressive tone of the EL, especially if keeping all else stock. But, if planning on a down pipe or axle back too then the single would keep it a bit more under control, especially if opting for the resonated version. Single will also save you a few extra lbs.
Thanks. Not going to do a DP. I’m considering axel-back (still valved), but would likely come later.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 09:14 PM   #33
FiEXHAUST
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-8, M and X series

For those interested in retaining factory downpipes, this is a sound clip only with our catback setup and quad carbon fiber tips. Have a listen for hose wanting to compare the sound against our full catless or catted setups.

Our team can be contacted about pricing by filling out a contact form on our website: click here

Appreciate 0