08-29-2024, 01:19 PM   #1
LAnderson23
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 Audi S3

Garage List
2019 Audi S3  [10.00]
MyBMW App Issues

Is anyone else noticing issues with their MyBMW app communicating with their car? For several days in a row, every time I opened the app I would get a 'no internet connection' error even though my phone was indeed connected to the internet. Finally, yesterday that message stopped, but it appears to not actually be communicating with my car. It says my last status update was from August 8th!! No trips visible since then, and the location appears to be stuck at home. (i.e., if I drive it somewhere, then check the app to see where my car is on a map, it still shows at home)

Finally, I started getting a message on my car when I turn it off that I can download an update through the app and remotely update my car. When I got to that section in the app it says my car's software is up to date.

Something is clearly wrong with the app right now, I'm just wondering if it's just me or if anyone else is having similar issues?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2024, 02:01 PM   #2
DomMuc
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

reconnect car and app (delete your profile in car and app)
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2024, 09:27 PM   #3
LAnderson23
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2019 Audi S3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomMuc View Post
reconnect car and app (delete your profile in car and app)
I've had the car barely over a month...is this a common issue?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2024, 02:30 AM   #4
DomMuc
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

no but a common solution .. maybe something messed up wiht softwareupdates on phone/car/app
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2024, 02:56 PM   #5
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnderson23 View Post
Is anyone else noticing issues with their MyBMW app communicating with their car? For several days in a row, every time I opened the app I would get a 'no internet connection' error even though my phone was indeed connected to the internet. Finally, yesterday that message stopped, but it appears to not actually be communicating with my car. It says my last status update was from August 8th!! No trips visible since then, and the location appears to be stuck at home. (i.e., if I drive it somewhere, then check the app to see where my car is on a map, it still shows at home)

Finally, I started getting a message on my car when I turn it off that I can download an update through the app and remotely update my car. When I got to that section in the app it says my car's software is up to date.

Something is clearly wrong with the app right now, I'm just wondering if it's just me or if anyone else is having similar issues?
I stored my car on 5/20/24 and the latest update showing in the app is 6/6/24.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 05:15 PM   #6
LAnderson23
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2019 Audi S3  [10.00]
I tried removing the vehicle and re-adding it...holy shit what a can of worms. The app won't let me remove the vehicle, I tried removing and re-adding my BMW ID in the car, that doesn't work either. I've now called three times, and no one can seem to fix it. They had me delete and re-install the myBMW app, and that did finally remove the vehicle from the app. However, I am now unable to add the vehicle back, and unable to add my BMW ID back to the car. They asked that I send in copies of my registration and insurance to an email address to prove I own the vehicle, and then they will somehow manually add it for me? I dunno, this whole thing has been a giant PIA and I'm unable to even store/retrieve all of my vehicle settings as of now.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2024, 05:44 PM   #7
LAnderson23
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2019 Audi S3  [10.00]
Customer support was able to manually attach my account to my car again and it appears in my app and I have been able to re-link my BMW ID in the car. Everything is finally back to how it was supposed to be, but what a pain.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2024, 06:55 AM   #8
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnderson23 View Post
Customer support was able to manually attach my account to my car again and it appears in my app and I have been able to re-link my BMW ID in the car. Everything is finally back to how it was supposed to be, but what a pain.
Good news. Sure miss the days where you just turned the key and drove away. All these apps, constant software bugs & then updates to fix the bugs but just cause more bugs, etc., drives me nuts.

I'm convinced software developers either 1. Aren't as smart as they think they are, 2. Intentionally leave hiccups/bugs to maintain job security (actually knew a couple who did that toward the end of their contracts so their contracts would get renewed), or 3. Both.

Glad your issues have been resolved.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2024, 07:13 AM   #9
TallGibbs
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 (coming Sep '24)

JABCAT Option 4: There are not enough resources (software engineers) available to do full and proper testing, so they test what they can in their alloted time and push out the release to hit a project timeline. Rather than continuing to delay to ensure full fledged testing and 100% confidence it will work correctly. In other words: someone is making a business decision to move ahead with the product release and minimizing the cost (salaries paid) and hoping the issues are minimal.

Option 5: The people responsible for this just have this workload as a "side priority" so do just the bare minimium (due to option 4) and focus their bandwidth on something else (actual car driving automation, possibly).
      09-12-2024, 09:39 AM   #10
CarlitosWay359
Product Genius
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 530d xDrive

Usually, first thing to check when MyBMW app isn’t refreshing vehicle status is Data Privacy settings inside System Settings menu. Option ‘All services including analysis’ should be checked. This usually does the trick. Unmapping/mapping vehicle is the last thing to try.
Appreciate 0