BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

03-07-2024, 12:36 PM   #1
Politicalicon
Rep
Drives: F90 M5c, c63s, c7 Z06, VB WRX

Caved and taking 2024 instead of 2025.

I caved. Had an order for 2025 and the dealer called me telling me that someone cancelled their order for a 2025 and it's in 111 status for production on Week 17. They said if I use that build they'd offer $1,200 off msrp vs at msrp for the 2025 I was waiting for.

The way I see it is that the 2025 will have an increase of about 1k if it follows the pattern, plus being able to get $1,200 off of the car (Which is pretty much impossible in south florida), it was a well over 2k difference for the car. If I really feel like I need those 20 ponies I can always get a tune and I really like the blue so I wouldn't have gotten a different color anyway. From my understanding that's the only real change for MY25.

So.. we modified the build and now going to get the car a lot earlier than expected. Guess we'll see if the Carbon roof delays production at all.

Options:
Color: Zandvoort Blue
6MT
Carbon Roof
Carbon trim
HUD
Shadowline / lighting
Red Calipers

Additional question: Says Week 17 for build date, have you guys seen them go in earlier or later than what's projected on average?
Appreciate 2
chris7197334.00
      03-07-2024, 12:46 PM   #2
Geighty7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politicalicon View Post
I caved. Had an order for 2025 and the dealer called me telling me that someone cancelled their order for a 2025 and it's in 111 status for production on Week 17. They said if I use that build they'd offer $1,200 off msrp vs at msrp for the 2025 I was waiting for.

The way I see it is that the 2025 will have an increase of about 1k if it follows the pattern, plus being able to get $1,200 off of the car (Which is pretty much impossible in south florida), it was a well over 2k difference for the car. If I really feel like I need those 20 ponies I can always get a tune and I really like the blue so I wouldn't have gotten a different color anyway. From my understanding that's the only real change for MY25.

So.. we modified the build and now going to get the car a lot earlier than expected. Guess we'll see if the Carbon roof delays production at all.

Options:
6MT
Carbon Roof
Carbon trim
HUD
Shadowline / lighting
Red Calipers

Additional question: Says Week 17 for build date, have you guys seen them go in earlier or later than what's projected on average?
They delay or get expedited all the time. Just depends on the SLP work load and if any component is back ordered. Your CF roof won’t delay- CF seats might. But it doesn’t look like you have those. I’d count on week 17 if that’s what you’re being told.

Truth of the matter for the 2025 is- nobody really knows besides new colors, possible 20hp bump. Besides that, no one knows.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 12:53 PM   #3
Politicalicon
Rep
Drives: F90 M5c, c63s, c7 Z06, VB WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geighty7 View Post
They delay or get expedited all the time. Just depends on the SLP work load and if any component is back ordered. Your CF roof won’t delay- CF seats might. But it doesn’t look like you have those. I’d count on week 17 if that’s what you’re being told.

Truth of the matter for the 2025 is- nobody really knows besides new colors, possible 20hp bump. Besides that, no one knows.
Thank you, I really appreciate the insight. It's definitely a different experience from what I had ordering the M5 or the M4.

I love the Carbon seats, however I'm a bit too big to sit in them comfortably (I tested the seats in a friends G80 M3 CS and they just don't fit me right). Why cant they make them like Porsche where people just a bit bigger can sit in them comfortably?

Last edited by Politicalicon; 03-07-2024 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
Geighty71404.50
      03-07-2024, 07:10 PM   #4
ourlee
Captain
Rep
Drives: on the M2 2025 hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politicalicon View Post

Options:
6MT
Carbon Roof
Carbon trim
HUD
Shadowline / lighting
Red Calipers

You’re the first guy I’m gonna brag about my +20 to
Appreciate 1