Major
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M...

Garage List
Arrow HGT'24 Arctic Circle | Epic 14-Day Road Trip to Norway

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Ever since our HGT'22 tour of the Alps, we knew that a trip to Norway would be possible but also quite demanding. So, over the last two years, together with Malcolm - who had also participated in the 2022 edition - we started planning one of the best - if not the best - trip ever carried out in collaboration with our official BMW club - BMW Performance Car Club. As this event was planned in agreement with the board members of our club, we looked for the name that best represented our desire. And from there we easily agreed that Arctic Circle would be the name of the event and also our destination.

The adventure, covering around 6,000 kilometers (for some a little more!), bring participants from the UK, Luxembourg, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Belgium coming together to experience the thrill of driving our beloved BMWs through one of the most breathtaking countries in the world.

The excitement was high and it was two years of waiting, but somehow it passed quickly because our planning was constant and with a single objective. To make this trip something epic and that everyone who participated in the same trip can one day remember as something that will remain forever as one of the best moments of their lives. Here is my shared part of this tour that lasted 14 days from departure to arrival.

Line Up (14 participants including passengers in 8 cars):

[NL] Joao | F20 M140i
[UK] mjn77 | E90 M3
[L] Jean | G82 M4C
[CH] Miguel | F87 M2 CS
[UK] Marek | F87 M2
[UK] Jennifer | F22 M235i
[N] Gaute | E82 1M
[N] AJ | E82 1M

Just wanted to point out that mjn77 has also shared his perspective on our Norway Car Club trip. He followed a slightly different itinerary, so if you're interested in seeing another take on the journey, check out their thread as well. It's great to see how varied our experiences were even on the same trip! Link: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2124397

Our journey was an unforgettable odyssey, starting in the charming flatlands of the Netherlands, traversing through Germany’s picturesque countryside, winding through Denmark’s scenic coastal roads, and then into the dramatic fjords of Norway. From there, we meandered across Sweden’s serene landscapes before looping back through Denmark’s quaint towns, retracing our path through Germany, and finally returning to the Netherlands, enriched by the diverse cultures, stunning vistas, and the sheer thrill of the open road.

Day 0:

Departure: The Hague, Netherlands
Destination: Buxtehude, Germany
Drive Distance:5h 6m | 451km
Max: 198 km/h
Max Alt: 115m

After some unforeseen events that are not worth mentioning, this tour started in The Hague, Holland on July 21st at around 11am. A smooth journey in which the best part is always when you cross the border from Holland to Germany and see the best symbol any road can offer...

During this day we travel alone. The rest of the members come in small groups with different routes than ours. The goal is to meet tomorrow morning and continue together. The group will only be complete in Norway.

Our hotel was very cozy and in a good location. We stayed outside of Hamburg to avoid the local traffic that would most likely be congested tomorrow when we leave for Denmark where the first of many ferries awaits us.

For me, parking is always a concern to consider. Especially when we are in places that are neutral to us and we have no knowledge about them, but in this hotel I had a relaxed night

Very nice hotel. Not many people, just how I like it. A mix of classic and modern with everything we needed for a night's stay.

We even had the right to a whole custom fancy name for our room

We also had the opportunity to find a pizzeria owned by Italians relatively close to the hotel, which had excellent service.

With beer as it should be!

Tomorrow will be the day to meet some of the tour participants and my pocket rocket can't wait to meet his comrades so that they can also be baptized with the official logo of the event.

Last edited by dutchm2; 08-31-2024 at 03:19 AM..
Appreciate 11
mjn771380.50
///M TOWN31273.50
1230vani709.50
2srsman87.50
Scrapula4179.00
admranger3103.50
jmxtrem85.00
*mt*2034.50
      08-09-2024, 06:21 PM   #2
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Arrow

Day 1:

Departure: Buxtehude, Germany
Destination: Kristiansand, Norway
Drive Distance:7h 49m | 651km
Max: n/a
Max Alt: n/a

After a brief meeting in the morning with some of the members, namely Malcolm, Jennifer, Jean and Marek, we decided to leave as soon as possible to avoid the early traffic that normally congests the city of Hamburg. The last thing we want is to be late for our ferry and we still have a considerably long day to do, namely crossing the whole of Denmark.

With the first stop for fuel still in German territory, it was a good time to give the official badges to the members and as far as I'm concerned, it's always a memorable moment as the cars are officially identified for the tour.

Some - perhaps many may recognize here Marek onwer from the famous MDrives Youtube channel and his beautiful F87 M2. We are very grateful to have Marek with our group not only because the stunning content he creates on his channel also he is an excellent person and with a vision of how life should be lived that I was completely pleased with.

Kelly as Jean's co-pilot applying to the G82

The F22 M235i is also being targeted!

Now the cars have an extra 10BHP!

One more stop. In Danish territory. So suddenly we are here. Time for some quick photos.

And with assiduity we reached our first ferry at Hirtshals. A lot of anxiety about being able to put to sea and find ourselves on the other side on Norwegian soil.

The wait is long but somehow comforting

Awaiting is fun!

There is movement!

The entire ferry is quite compact and our parked cars are proof of this... exaggerated but necessary

The two-hour adventure on the ferry was something never seen before! During the first 20-30 minutes you didn't notice much but after that it was unbelievable turbulence for the entire trip and that forced people to feel ill and in great discomfort without many options, only being able to conspire to make their first ferry experience end as soon as possible.

We still managed to take some selfies but not much else.

And then this! In about 30 hours since the event started the first 1000 kilometers and we are already on Norwegian soil. Hello cute Kristiansand!!!

And time for fellowship. Food and beer!

Tomorrow the journey begins on Norwegian soil. Finally a long-awaited day for some. A good night's rest is what we wish so much for everyone.

Last edited by dutchm2; 08-13-2024 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 12
mjn771380.50
BimmerFix1724.50
///M TOWN31273.50
2srsman87.50
Scrapula4179.00
jmxtrem85.00
*mt*2034.50
TXzzz1.50
      08-10-2024, 06:36 AM   #3
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Arrow

Day 2:

Departure: Kristiansand, Norway
Destination: Sauda, Norway
Drive Distance:5h 10m | 345.32km
Total Distance: 18h 37m | 1476.21km

After having experienced something unique the previous day with the turbulence on the ferry and people feeling unwell during the journey, today we have a new situation.

On the first day of our car club tour in Norway, things took an unexpected turn when one of our passengers fell ill with what we later discovered to be NOROVIRUS. This sudden illness forced us to make an unplanned visit to the local hospital, throwing our carefully planned travel route into disarray. The situation left us uncertain about how the rest of the trip would unfold, as this was certainly not something we had anticipated or prepared for. The unexpected delay caused by the hospital visit made us reevaluate our plans, and for a moment, we weren't sure how—or even if—we would be able to continue the journey. The rest of the group, after learning about this situation - in which Malcolm was kind enough to provide us with some first aid medication - continued the trip as planned.

At the moment my wish is just one. May our patient recover as soon as possible and if so, we can continue the journey and go to the group that was already on the way to the hotel. The day was so beautiful....

But yes... with great gratitude for everyone's help - hotel staff, hospital staff and group members, we managed to conspire so that our passenger could recover and we continued our journey. Before we hit the road, we gave our car a proper and well-deserved wash as the amount of salt absorbed yesterday during the ferry trip was too much and had left the car quite sticky.

And it was time to hit the road and travel, not the planned initial route, but still full of spectacular views.

I could feel that the driving experience here will be unforgettable...

By the time the sun began to set, the sheeps were safely back in their meadow, their day’s adventure is complete.

And after a long arduous day we arrived at the hotel where Miguel, who came from Switzerland but had already been in Norway for a few days, joined us. We are six cars in at the moment.

During the stay at this hotel, some of the members stay in small chalets.

We won't have dinner tonight. Let's give our stomach a rest because the NOROVIRUS experience served as some kind of warning.

Tomorrow we look forward to a new day!

Last edited by dutchm2; 08-13-2024 at 04:22 PM..
Appreciate 6
mjn771380.50
BimmerFix1724.50
///M TOWN31273.50
admranger3103.50
*mt*2034.50
      08-10-2024, 05:05 PM   #4
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Arrow

Day 3:

Departure: Sauda, Norway
Destination: Geilo, Norway
Drive Distance:4h 36m | 292.60km
Total Distance: 23h 20m | 1776.93km
Max: 98 km/h
Max Alt: 1256m

After a night spent here we are ready for the new day!

Our members enjoying the hotel's scenery...

And as usual, there is predominance at the local service station.

What an ass!

M2's

And a photo stop!

On the way to continuous and spectacular valleys with super roads

One more stop. Mandatory.

Impossible to resist.

Some signs of Norwegian Public Roads Administration

Something caught our attention.

The journey continues and the view never stops dazzling the retina

Marek's gearand ready for action!

Take some time to stretch our legs, enjoy the refreshing mist from the falls, and capture some stunning shots.

Norway's diverse climate means that some regions can experience snow even during the summer months, particularly in high-altitude areas. Is true we saw it!

Here we go again. More stunning roads ahead of us.

Our next stop is the breathtaking Låtefoss Waterfall, one of Norway's most iconic natural wonders. This twin waterfall cascades from a height of 165 meters, right beside the old stone bridge.

And with a stop there always comes a good opportunity to eat and rest.

Stickers done!

There's always that opportunity to see these bikers!

We spend about 30 minutes before hitting the road again.

One of the many cruises we observed

Last stop of the day before arriving at the hotel. A simply spectacular day full of trouble-free roads.

See you tomorrow....

Last edited by dutchm2; 08-13-2024 at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 5
mjn771380.50
Scrapula4179.00
admranger3103.50
*mt*2034.50
      08-11-2024, 01:42 PM   #5
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Arrow

Day 4:

Departure: Geilo, Norway
Destination: Viksdalen, Norway
Drive Distance:5h 43m | 346.47km
Total Distance: 29h 47m | 2169.09km
Max: 123 km/h
Max Alt: 1315m

Today we stayed in separate hotels, and as usual we met up with the rest of the group for a new day. The beautiful morning promises!

Also the opportunity for car number seven to join the group, namely Alf with his spectacular 1M!

Our first stop for a short debrief and also some photos

One more stop.

Alf sharing experiences and knowledge with the group and some admirers of our cars. A common scene during the tour

On the way to Aurlandsfjellet an obligatory stop for some photos - relatively busy here with tourists - to experience the spectacular Stegastein viewing platform with panoramic view 650 meters above Aurlandsfjord

Back to the road. And what a road. The Aurlandsfjellet Tourist Road is a short but incredibly diverse mountain road between the villages of Lærdal and Aurland near Flåm in Western Norway.

We could spend hours enjoying these epic places.

To be continued .....

Last edited by dutchm2; 08-14-2024 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 5
mjn771380.50
///M TOWN31273.50
admranger3103.50
*mt*2034.50
      08-12-2024, 03:17 PM   #6
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Arrow

Time to meet our eight and final participant for the tour in Laerdal. Gaute and his stunning 1M. They surprised us at the meeting point where a guided tour of a garage full of exclusive cars that are often driven by the garage owner was waiting for us. Here are some photos of these lovely cars.

Legend! The Ferrari Testarossa Spider featured in the iconic arcade game OutRun is here! The red sports car that epitomizes 1980s automotive design and speed

More Red's!! Testarossa!!

Some work in progress...

A car that needs no words and that certainly leaves many memories for some generations...

Impressive Road legal Ford GT40 replica.

Red... Lambo

Ferrari 308 GTB (1975)

Crowd gets busy!

Always room for some bike stuff!

A rare sight .. BMW 1600 GT ready for being restored.

After the visit, a brief trip to the local bakery to feed our stomachs.

This was also the time to say goodbye to Miguel and his incredible M2 CS. See you soon my friend!

And with a short stop, we followed a new ride but this time led by local 1M's

And here we're. Laerdal tunnel.

After the tunnel a stop to socialize a little and refuel.

I have an idea that more than 30 tunnels were covered during the tour... Here's another one namely the Storehaug-tunnelen (1.1k).

Time for another ferry

And slowly here he comes....

We're in!

Interesting and important signage

It should be noted that this ferry is 100% electric and we find the charging method interesting...

Land in sight!

But the day is not over yet and with that a stop at the Gaularfjellsvegen, renowned for its stunning landscapes and remarkable natural beauty is a breathtaking scenic route in western Norway.

And so we arrived at another hotel. Tonight we will again be in a different hotel from the rest of the group but relatively close to each other.

The view from the room is comforting.

Last edited by dutchm2; 08-14-2024 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 8
snowbimmer6172.00
mjn771380.50
BimmerFix1724.50
jpf34010.50
Frosty871.50
Scrapula4179.00
admranger3103.50
      08-12-2024, 06:40 PM   #7
snowbimmer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [9.67]
What a staggering and marvelous trip. Never been to Norway, but it's always been a bucket list item.

Looking forward to the rest.
Appreciate 1
dutchm21632.00
      08-13-2024, 02:19 AM   #8
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
What a staggering and marvelous trip. Never been to Norway, but it's always been a bucket list item.

Looking forward to the rest.
Thanks snowbimmer This trip was demanding one but was fantastic! If you ever think about taking a trip to Norway, say something. Who knows, we could do this together.
Appreciate 2
snowbimmer6172.00
Frosty871.50
      08-13-2024, 09:36 AM   #9
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Arrow

Day 5:

Departure: Viksdalen, Norway
Destination:Andalsnes, Norway
Drive Distance:7h 24m | 456.25km
Total Distance: 37h 34m | 2644.65km
Max: 106 km/h
Max Alt: 1045m

We woke to the gentle patter of rain against the windows, the misty landscape promising a day of adventure through lush, verdant valleys and along winding fjord-side roads.

Our hotel/house was cozy, cute and will be missed.

Ready to go ...

This morning's weather isn't very promising. Let's see how it evolves. For now one stop.

Off we go.

Regardless of the weather conditions, the trip continues to give us great pleasure.

We decided to stop at one of the hairpins and grab some pictures.

The road that connects Geiranger-Trollstigen always crowed no matter what weather conditions are.

And with this comes a ferry ....

.... to be continued ....

Last edited by dutchm2; 08-14-2024 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
mjn771380.50
BimmerFix1724.50
Scrapula4179.00
      08-14-2024, 03:50 PM   #10
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Arrow

And the sun appears! And of course yes. One stop

Spot salt extraction

Of course. Always ready to fly.

Enjoying the view.

And the trip moves on.

We arrived at the hotel on time and with that we will visit the Romsdal gondola and enjoy the end of the day.

We didn't have an experience with the Golden Train on the way to the gondola but here is something to consider on a future visit here to Andalsnes.

The "Golden Train" in Åndalsnes, Norway, is a scenic train experience that takes passengers on the Rauma Railway (Raumabanen) line. Known for its breathtaking landscapes, the journey provides an incredible view of Norway's natural beauty, including majestic mountains, lush valleys, and dramatic waterfalls.

And with a short walk we arrive the gondola station.

Every 15 minutes one drops by.

The gondola ride itself takes about 5 minutes one way. During this short ride we are treated to panoramic views of the stunning Norwegian landscape, including the Romsdal Alps and the Rauma River. The gondola's large windows allow us for unobstructed views of the natural beauty. But what about our top station experience.

The gondola operates year-round, providing access to the mountain in all seasons.

There are multiple viewing platforms, perfect for photography and soaking in the scenery.

Always on the move!

Perfect view for Nesaksla Mountain. At the top station, located at 708 meters above sea level, we can enjoy breathtaking 360-degree views.

The Ottarbu House is a unique accommodation located at the top of the Romsdal Gondola in Åndalsnes, Norway. This mountain lodge offers guests a one-of-a-kind experience, providing panoramic views of the Romsdal Alps and the surrounding fjords. We skip it

And we're off to the hotel ...

Last edited by dutchm2; 08-15-2024 at 03:45 AM..
Appreciate 4
mjn771380.50
Scrapula4179.00
*mt*2034.50
      08-15-2024, 10:43 AM   #11
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Arrow

Day 6:

Departure: Andalsnes, Norway
Destination: Hell, Norway
Drive Distance:6h 15m | 366.57km
Total Distance: 43h 49m | 3010.04km

I'm thrilled to share that today our car club has finally reached the stunning Atlantic Road in Norway! After months of planning and anticipation, we embarked on this incredible road trip, and the experience has been nothing short of amazing.

But before that we've a ferry. The weather forecast is uncertain. For now we have cloudy weather with some signs of rain in sight. Let's see what comes next.

And we're in.

Some preparations with assembling some last minute GoPro mounts as Atlantic Road is close by.

And we continue ...

Marek warns via walkie talkies for a stop. A small message on the F87's dashboard caught his attention and it's time for OBD reader to take action.

Analysis in progress.

It appears that nothing alarming was found in the OBD scan but in any case Marek will keep extra attention.

We continued our journey.

And with that the first moment I can see the Atlantic Road bridge. We're almost there. We just want to get there, park our cars in a nice place to take some photos and make some videos.

We don't want to waste time as the parking lot is small and the availability of parking all the cars together is not ideal.

And after some photos and the usual sticker we decided to do some small back and forth movements so that we could take some additional photos and Marek could also get the drone to do its work.

to be continued ...

Last edited by dutchm2; 08-21-2024 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 4
mjn771380.50
BimmerFix1724.50
Scrapula4179.00
      08-15-2024, 02:59 PM   #12
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Arrow

After that first impact and some photos taken for future memories, we decided to explore this area a little using the pedestrian method.

We spent about three quarters of an hour here and it's time to leave. Mission accomplished.

A nice bridge motivates us to stop and use some toilet.

And time for another ferry.

And after the ferry another dozen of kilometers before reaching hotel.

As Shell provides 98 octane, we are filling the tanks for the next mission tomorrow.

And we arrive our destination. Hell we're here!

Last edited by dutchm2; 08-21-2024 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 3
mjn771380.50
Scrapula4179.00
      08-21-2024, 03:04 PM   #13
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Arrow

Day 7:

Departure: Hell, Norway
Destination: Mo i Rana
Drive Distance: 8h 45m | 490.99km
Total Distance: 52h 34m | 3500.04km
Max: 123 Km/h
Max Alt: 367m

And here we go for a long day on the road. The longest day of the tour.

The drive from Hell to Mo i Rana in Norway was a thrilling journey that offers both dramatic landscapes and a deep connection with nature. As we leave the small village of Hell, the road quickly transitions from quaint countryside to more rugged terrain, with winding roads that hug the contours of the land. The route takes you through dense forests, along sparkling rivers, and past majestic fjords, offering glimpses of Norway's unspoiled wilderness at every turn. Check out.

As the convoy of cars snakes through the landscape, the camaraderie of the car club adds to the excitement. Each twist and turn on the road becomes an opportunity to share the exhilaration of driving in such a stunning environment. The ascent through the mountains is particularly breathtaking, with each peak offering a new vantage point over the surrounding valleys and lakes.

A quick stop to stretch the legs.

And we approached the Nord-Norge Gate in Norway, the symbolic gateway to the Arctic Circle.

As you approach Mo i Rana, the landscape changes once again, with the mountains giving way to a more open, rolling terrain. The town itself, nestled by the fjord and surrounded by towering peaks, feels like the perfect endpoint for this unforgettable drive. The journey from Hell to Mo i Rana is not just a drive; it’s an adventure that encapsulates the spirit of exploration and the joy of the open road.

And in a glance we're on another ferry.

Marek means MDrivesLand in sight!

And after a long long day of driving we arrive another Scandic hotel.

Appreciate 4
mjn771380.50
BimmerFix1724.50
Scrapula4179.00
      08-23-2024, 12:20 PM   #14
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Wowzers , epic trip !

"Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered. There was no one there." - M.L.K & Christopher Moltisanti (Sopranos)
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Appreciate 1
dutchm21632.00
      08-23-2024, 12:59 PM   #15
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

What a trip!!!!
Thaks for sharing.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 1
dutchm21632.00
      08-23-2024, 01:01 PM   #16
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post
Wowzers , epic trip !
Thanks for the words! I'll be updating the rest soon
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2024, 01:02 PM   #17
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
What a trip!!!!
Thaks for sharing.
Thank you for following up! More to come
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2024, 01:09 PM   #18
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
Thanks for the words! I'll be updating the rest soon
Please do, waiting for the grand finale . Godspeed

"Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered. There was no one there." - M.L.K & Christopher Moltisanti (Sopranos)
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Appreciate 1
dutchm21632.00
      08-23-2024, 01:31 PM   #19
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Arrow

One of our members - Marek - owner of the Mdrives Youtube channel just launch the first video of the journey ...

Arctic Circle in my car - The beginning of my epic road trip to Norway | 4K
Appreciate 3
Scrapula4179.00
      08-23-2024, 02:50 PM   #20
AlexC2er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
Ever since our HGT'22 tour of the Alps, we knew that a trip to Norway would be possible but also quite demanding. So, over the last two years, together with Malcolm - who had also participated in the 2022 edition - we started planning one of the best - if not the best - trip ever carried out in collaboration with our official BMW club - BMW Performance Car Club. As this event was planned in agreement with the board members of our club, we looked for the name that best represented our desire. And from there we easily agreed that Arctic Circle would be the name of the event and also our destination.

The adventure, covering around 6,000 kilometers (for some a little more!), bring participants from the UK, Luxembourg, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Belgium coming together to experience the thrill of driving our beloved BMWs through one of the most breathtaking countries in the world.

The excitement was high and it was two years of waiting, but somehow it passed quickly because our planning was constant and with a single objective. To make this trip something epic and that everyone who participated in the same trip can one day remember as something that will remain forever as one of the best moments of their lives. Here is my shared part of this tour that lasted 14 days from departure to arrival.

Line Up (14 participants including passengers in 8 cars):

[NL] Joao | F20 M140i
[UK] mjn77 | E90 M3
[L] [...]
This is simply awesome. I was in Iceland last week and the week before, definitely very jealous as I didn’t get to do any scenic spirited driving with friends.
Appreciate 1
dutchm21632.00
      08-23-2024, 03:40 PM   #21
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Arrow

Day 8:

Departure: Mo i Rana, Norway
Middle Destination: Arctic Circle Center, Norway
Final Destination: Steinkjer , Norway
Drive Distance:8h 1m | 560.31km
Total Distance: 60h 25m | 4059.96 km
Max: 115 km/h
Max Alt: 682m

On the final day of our BMW Performance Car Club tour, we gathered in the crisp early morning light at Mo I Rana, Norway. The air was cool, carrying a sharpness that hinted at the Arctic landscapes that awaited us. Our convoy of gleaming BMWs, polished to perfection, stood ready to conquer the last leg of our journey.

As engines roared to life, the sound echoed through the quiet town, a harmonious symphony of power and precision. We embarked on the road that would take us north, our ultimate destination: the Arctic Circle Center. The route was a dream for driving enthusiasts, winding through rugged terrain, with snow-capped peaks towering in the distance and frozen lakes reflecting the pale morning sun.

The road stretched out before us, a ribbon of asphalt cutting through the vast, unspoiled wilderness. The landscape was breathtaking, with endless vistas of untouched snow and jagged mountains that seemed to touch the sky. The thrill of the drive was intensified by the road's undulating curves and the occasional patch of ice, challenging our skills and reminding us of the raw power beneath the hoods of our cars.

As we ascended higher into the mountains, the temperature dropped, and a thin veil of mist began to rise from the ground, creating an ethereal atmosphere. The BMWs handled the conditions with ease, their advanced engineering ensuring a smooth and exhilarating ride. Every twist and turn of the road was a reminder of why we had chosen these cars, as they effortlessly gripped the road and powered through the elements.

Finally, as we neared the Arctic Circle Center, the landscape opened up into a vast, snow-covered plateau. The iconic globe structure of the center came into view, standing solitary against the endless white. We parked our cars in a neat line, their sleek silhouettes a stark contrast to the rugged surroundings.

Stepping out into the biting cold, we were greeted by the silent majesty of the Arctic. The sense of accomplishment was palpable among the group; we had driven together through some of the most challenging and beautiful landscapes in the world, and now we stood at the threshold of the Arctic Circle. It was a fitting end to an unforgettable journey.

It's time to appreciate this all journey. I had to take pictures and pictures and enjoy the moment.

Merci Jean and Kelly

Our mission for the club sticker

The Arctic Circle Centre in Norway is a unique landmark located at the Arctic Circle, around 66°33′N latitude, in the Saltfjellet mountains of Nordland county. The center serves as a tourist attraction, educational hub, and cultural gateway to the Arctic region.

We made it mjn77

Great to meet you Wojciech!

Sticker ON

tbc...

Last edited by dutchm2; 08-25-2024 at 06:33 AM..
Appreciate 5
mjn771380.50
Scrapula4179.00
admranger3103.50
vbb2224.00
      08-23-2024, 03:47 PM   #22
dutchm2
Major
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC2er View Post
This is simply awesome. I was in Iceland last week and the week before, definitely very jealous as I didn’t get to do any scenic spirited driving with friends.
Thank you!

I strongly believe Iceland must be a blast of a journey.
Imagine driving through Iceland's breathtaking landscapes with our car club, each twist and turn revealing something new and awe-inspiring.

We will be there one day! Join us
Appreciate 1
AlexC2er158.00