home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

09-05-2023, 01:55 PM   #661
mpcook1979
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2

Edit my last post. Boat is now skipping Southampton and going to emden in Germany??? Just been onto genius and they know nothing and no update from salesman. Been given head office customer service number to contact tomorrow to see if they can shed some light on this absolute shambles!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 04:00 PM   #662
Lawsoc
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpcook1979 View Post
Edit my last post. Boat is now skipping Southampton and going to emden in Germany??? Just been onto genius and they know nothing and no update from salesman. Been given head office customer service number to contact tomorrow to see if they can shed some light on this absolute shambles!!!
The dealings I have had with BMW UK- they certainly no more clued up or know what is going on and they also take a long time to get back to you - wasn’t worth effort in my particular case
Is there no chance it will still offload at Southampton ? It is Victoria highway that was skipping Southampton?
Attached Images

Last edited by Lawsoc; 09-05-2023 at 11:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 06:33 AM   #663
bluebro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C, G87 M2

Quote:
I’m on the Drive Green Highway which is on its way to Barcelona and according to the shipping schedule should visit Southampton after Barcelona, however, I was told by the online genius that my car would be going to Germany first which I couldn’t understand given the ship’s schedule. It could well be that the shipping schedules are being altered to perhaps prioritise German customers, who knows? The whole process has been an absolute shit show.
Appreciate 2
BMGC49.50
      09-07-2023, 08:43 AM   #664
BMGC
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

I’m on the same boat. Will check in with my dealer too and let you know if I get any useful info
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2023, 09:02 AM   #665
mpcook1979
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebro View Post
I’m on the Drive Green Highway which is on its way to Barcelona and according to the shipping schedule should visit Southampton after Barcelona, however, I was told by the online genius that my car would be going to Germany first which I couldn’t understand given the ship’s schedule. It could well be that the shipping schedules are being altered to perhaps prioritise German customers, who knows? The whole process has been an absolute shit show.
Apparently its heading to Emden. Will it goto bremahaven after and Zeebrugge after before coming back to Southampton?
I've asked and no one knows, all I've got is the estimated delivery week as 25th Sept- 1st Oct.
I'm not bothering to check anymore, my wife said it is what it is and she is right. I can whinge and moan and call people, email people but it isn't going to come any quicker!!! Hopefully your boat will goto Southampton 1st.
Appreciate 1
BMGC49.50
      09-07-2023, 11:55 AM   #666
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
It is unlikely BMW has much control over the port sequence and changes to it. The Drive Green Highway has a capacity of 7,500 cars, likely multiple manufacturers vehicles on there, with probably only a couple of hundred BMWs being transported from Mexico to the UK and not many more from Mexico to Germany. Lots of shuffling of vehicles on board as port offloading capacity changes, I expect.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 02:00 PM   #667
bluebro
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Apparently its heading to Emden. Will it goto bremahaven after and Zeebrugge after before coming back to Southampton?
I've asked and no one knows, all I've got is the estimated delivery week as 25th Sept- 1st Oct.
I'm not bothering to check anymore, my wife said it is what it is and she is right. I can whinge and moan and call people, email people but it isn't going to come any quicker!!! Hopefully your boat will goto Southampton 1st.
My estimated delivery week is only 1 week after yours so it’s a possibility but my delivery week has changed 3 times already so I won’t be holding my breath.
Agreed that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, just gotta wait it out and hope it was all worth it in the end.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 09:33 AM   #668
BMGC
Private
No_Country
Rep

My dealer doesn’t have any specific information about the route of Drive Green Highway, but the information he has says it should dock in Southampton on 24th September. Then it would be with him approx a week after which puts me at early October for collection date (hopefully).
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 09:41 AM   #669
mpcook1979
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My estimated delivery week is only 1 week after yours so it’s a possibility but my delivery week has changed 3 times already so I won’t be holding my breath.
Agreed that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, just gotta wait it out and hope it was all worth it in the end.
I'm going to keep an eye where it decides to go after Emden. My salesman emailed me today to say they all goto Germany first which isn't true and normally its bremahaven.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 10:31 AM   #670
bluebro
Private First Class
Rep

I noticed that Emden isn’t that far away from Bremerhaven (approx. 80 miles) so wondering why Emden is being used.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 12:00 PM   #671
mpcook1979
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I noticed that Emden isn’t that far away from Bremerhaven (approx. 80 miles) so wondering why Emden is being used.
Horizon Highway has just left Emden and is going to bremahaven!! Hopefully Southampton is next although I would have though Zeebrugge would logistical.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 12:24 PM   #672
bluebro
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Horizon Highway has just left Emden and is going to bremahaven!! Hopefully Southampton is next although I would have thought Zeebrugge would logistical.
New K-line schedule shows the new schedule for Horizon Highway as Southampton being last port of call.

https://www.klineglobalroro.com/sche...e_schedule.pdf
Appreciate 2
BMGC49.50
      09-19-2023, 12:01 PM   #673
mpcook1979
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Horizon highway arrived at Southampton on early hours Sunday. Salesman called today and said he's confident handover can be done this Saturday.

The long wait is almost over. Cannot wait to finally enjoy the car. Will upload photos once it's been detailed. Not letting dealership clean it!!
Appreciate 2
Drhoyle102.00
BMGC49.50
      09-19-2023, 12:10 PM   #674
Drhoyle
Private
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Horizon highway arrived at Southampton on early hours Sunday. Salesman called today and said he's confident handover can be done this Saturday.

The long wait is almost over. Cannot wait to finally enjoy the car. Will upload photos once it's been detailed. Not letting dealership clean it!!
Congrats! No idea where mine is! Somewhere between Mexico and Sheffield!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 01:19 PM   #675
BMGC
Private
No_Country
Rep

Drive green highway is due to dock at Southampton in about 4 hours. Will speak to the dealer in a few days, but expecting to collect at end of next week or the weekend after
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2023, 01:41 PM   #676
new_owner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

I sold my M2 which I took delivery of on the 1st August 2023 and placed another order at the end of August 2023. My new one is going to be due w/c 20th November, it's scheduled to go into production week 39 and is currently at status 150 with a VIN number allocated.
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2023, 02:08 PM   #677
mpcook1979
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drhoyle View Post
Congrats! No idea where mine is! Somewhere between Mexico and Sheffield!
Do you no what boat you are assigned too? Drive green is due in Southampton tonight.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 02:11 PM   #678
mpcook1979
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGC View Post
Drive green highway is due to dock at Southampton in about 4 hours. Will speak to the dealer in a few days, but expecting to collect at end of next week or the weekend after
Good luck mate, i know lawsoc is on the same boat as you.
It doesn't get any easier though once you know its at Southampton.
Where is your dealership? Mine is chelmsford Essex.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 02:26 PM   #679
BMGC
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Good luck mate, i know lawsoc is on the same boat as you.
It doesn't get any easier though once you know its at Southampton.
Where is your dealership? Mine is chelmsford Essex.
Dealer is in Croydon. Not a major distance for the rest of the transport from Southampton. Worst thing is I am on a stag do the weekend that it will most likely be collecting it so will be a short trip home and then no driving for a few days…
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 02:32 PM   #680
mpcook1979
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGC View Post
Dealer is in Croydon. Not a major distance for the rest of the transport from Southampton. Worst thing is I am on a stag do the weekend that it will most likely be collecting it so will be a short trip home and then no driving for a few days…
Your not far from me. My dealership is 15 miles from home.
Once your waiting for transport to dealership your left in the dark a little bit!
Hopefully you don't get to pissed on the stag do and can enjoy the car.
Good luck mate. 👍
Appreciate 1
BMGC49.50
      09-19-2023, 04:22 PM   #681
Drhoyle
Private
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Do you no what boat you are assigned too? Drive green is due in Southampton tonight.
Sadly no. My dealer didn’t know but seemed to think it had left Germany?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 04:26 PM   #682
BMGC
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Your not far from me. My dealership is 15 miles from home.
Once your waiting for transport to dealership your left in the dark a little bit!
Hopefully you don't get to pissed on the stag do and can enjoy the car.
Good luck mate. 👍
Hopefully I get really pissed on the stag do and then enjoy the car once I’m able to see again
Appreciate 0