04-26-2024, 04:44 PM   #1
shatty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 6MT Alpine White

G87/RSA/Dealer warranty and parts

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So my brake actuator froze. Had RSA tow car to local dealer. They said non warranty and charged me 199 diag fee. BA was physically damaged. Bought the actuator for 120 and did myself. When I picked up from dealer I smelt the clutch burning. 1 month later I still smell it. Not slipping Works fine. I bring to dealer where I bought car. Dealer #2. They said engineer has to come look. They said flywheel was overheated and discs were a little messed up. They said bmw would warranty labor but I have to pay for parts. 2000 which is for clutch kit and FW. I called CS and complained that RSA or dealer 1 did this to clutch. Bmw said they will escalate to RSA and not warranty parts. Now dealer 2 told me 2k for parts. If I buy from other dealer online it’s 1400. Dealer said they won’t install other dealers parts. Only theirs cause they warranty work. Is this true if it’s BMW oem parts? Waiting for call from CS on escalation results. I can’t prove that dealer 1 and RSA didn’t put car on roller wheels to get into svc and that’s how clutch went bad. Should I replace clutch? Can I buy from other dealer and have them install if BMW is warranting labor? Since they took the transmission apart, do I have the option of pulling it out of that dealer that wants to sell me The parts for 2000 and bring it to the other dealer that’s going to charge me 1400 and will Bmw still warranty the labor since they’re doing twice the work basically

Serv manager texted me saying I have 25 min to make a decision or they are putting my car back together as is.

Spoke to BMW CS last night, they said wait for the case manager to get back to you. I asked them if I can pull the car and have the work done somehwere else. They said it was escalated so wait to hear from them.Dealer #2 texted me this morning at 7:35a,m. "BMW officially denied the claim, we are putting it back together."
Total BS because I called and spoke to serv manager and he said you are getting a bargain to replace the whole assemble. I said I know but give me 24 hours to decide. He said its because they want the loaner back. So text message was a lie. BMW CS said do not let the dealer push you around and wait to hear from the case manager. I need to know what people have experienced and and ideas would help.

And I will be disclosing the dealers after I get my car back. Still no word from CS. Feel like the dealer could charge we whatever they want and I cant shop repair prices.
      Yesterday, 06:20 AM   #2
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

Yikes. That sucks.
      Yesterday, 09:48 AM   #3
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Reads like you need to find another dealer.

Hard to understand how one can damage a brake actuator, cause it to freeze/lock up. Did the brake system run low (or out of) fluid?

If you smell clutch that suggests the clutch was overheated at some point. If you didn't do that it happened getting the car towed or someone went joyriding.

(There is the slight possibility there is a hardware problem with the clutch that could cause it to slip/get hot/smell. But that would require a tech to diagnose/confirm this. Too often any suspected clutch problem is just blamed on the driver.)

If the clutch engages smoothly and doesn't slip and shifting is smooth while you can still (?) smell the clutch smell alone is not sufficient -- IMHO -- to justify replacing the clutch.

(I had my 2006 GTO hot rodded by a dealer tech and afterward, when I went to collect the car, the clutch stunk to high heaven. But the clutch was fine although I traded the car in some few years later with almost 50K miles and while the clutch was still fine when I traded the car in I don't know if the clutch life was affected.)
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:12 PM   #4
Ravenseal
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6MT

This post makes no sense.

Retired: 2022 M240i xDrive | 2021 Audi RS5 | 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT | 2016 428i GC | 2011 BMW 335is
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #5
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

This^
Appreciate 1