08-07-2023, 12:14 PM   #2289
Carefree
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
Well, update from my CA...car is definitely somewhere waiting on something (maybe?) but absolutely no definitive anything.
Nice to hear you’re making progress.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 12:46 PM   #2290
Sethhboii
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
My client’s G87 has randomly arrived in Brunswick this morning via the Glovis Sirius. It 100% exited out of Port Altamira. FYI, even our tracking through BMW NA is off more times than not in regards to SLP produced vehicles.
I hate life right now 🙃 glad to hear this.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 01:48 PM   #2291
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87, 2011 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
Up until our winter move to Arizona 12 years ago I spent 5 decades of driving in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Watertown, Lake Placid, etc. winters. Sorry, but you’re simply wrong.
Yes, for love of god, do not try max summers in northern winters. They get hard as a rock and will break traction on uneven pavement. And if it actually snows, you may get stranded.

And definitely avoid any place where "lake effect" is in the local vocabulary.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 01:53 PM   #2292
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G87

Quote:
My client’s G87 has randomly arrived in Brunswick this morning via the Glovis Sirius. It 100% exited out of Port Altamira. FYI, even our tracking through BMW NA is off more times than not in regards to SLP produced vehicles.
What do you mean randomly? I've been tracking that ship like a hawk since my car is also on it. The past ports have all been listed for a while and it's shown in transit to Brunswick for 6 days.

Seems weird that it's going to Jacksonville, FL next? Why would it pass that port then backtrack south? Error maybe?

Last edited by rcouchh; 08-07-2023 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 02:25 PM   #2293
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcouchh View Post
What do you mean randomly? I've been tracking that ship like a hawk since my car is also on it. The past ports have all been listed for a while and it's shown in transit to Brunswick for 6 days.

Seems weird that it's going to Jacksonville, FL next? Why would it pass that port then backtrack south? Error maybe?

Per our system at BMW this G87 was still at the Altamira port in Mexico last weekend. That is what I mean by random. I stated such previously in this thread.
Appreciate 2
Sethhboii1315.50
rcouchh2360.00
      08-07-2023, 04:28 PM   #2294
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Per our system at BMW this G87 was still at the Altamira port in Mexico last weekend. That is what I mean by random. I stated such previously in this thread.
Ah ok. Seems like not the most reliable system. I’ve been a step ahead of my CA the whole process from Google and this forum.

Have you seen a ship go past a port and backtrack though? Why would this ship go to GA then back down to FL? Then back up to MD?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 08:38 PM   #2295
KCuv
Platinum Member
Rep
Drives: Tacoma

I can vouch for the winter driving, as I’ve lived in buffalo my whole life. You absolutely can drive just about anything (I’ve had multiple RWD bmw, 300zx, etc), you absolutely shouldn’t without real snow tires. Not all seasons, snows… And definitely not performance tires, lol.

Seth I’m in the same boat (likely not on a boat) finished production 7/5, shows final assembly still - no info of value coming from CA.
Appreciate 2
      08-08-2023, 05:14 AM   #2296
apez
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2, F25 X3

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [7.62]
2015 BMW X3  [7.25]
I will be using my M2 as a "daily" through winter. First time owning a RWD car in Vermont for exactly this reason. However I think with snowtires, a work from home job, a X3 for active snow days, climate change, and some prudence it will be okay.

Frankly my bigger concern is the road salt.
Appreciate 4
KCuv421.50
rcouchh2360.00
Zatellia180.00
      08-08-2023, 06:30 AM   #2297
Jackie Chiles
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCuv View Post
I can vouch for the winter driving, as I’ve lived in buffalo my whole life. You absolutely can drive just about anything (I’ve had multiple RWD bmw, 300zx, etc), you absolutely shouldn’t without real snow tires. Not all seasons, snows… And definitely not performance tires, lol.

Seth I’m in the same boat (likely not on a boat) finished production 7/5, shows final assembly still - no info of value coming from CA.
Respectfully disagree. I am also in Buffalo and drove my F87 for three winters on Continental Extreme Contact all-seasons with no issues whatsoever.

That being said, there is nothing like a set of Blizzaks to make winter driving fun. Depending on what is available, I would prefer snows, but may end up with all seasons on the G87 depending on what is available.

Jackie
2023 M4CX - RIP - WGI Turn 9
2024 M4CX - Week 39
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 08:59 AM   #2298
ftjack
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2 (in production)

Mine has been in "Ready for Transport" for little more than 2 weeks. Texted my CA. and he said it is showing produced not shipped in his system.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 10:59 AM   #2299
KCuv
Platinum Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Respectfully disagree. I am also in Buffalo and drove my F87 for three winters on Continental Extreme Contact all-seasons with no issues whatsoever.

That being said, there is nothing like a set of Blizzaks to make winter driving fun. Depending on what is available, I would prefer snows, but may end up with all seasons on the G87 depending on what is available.

Jackie
Nice! Go bills.

well we're saying similar things - my point was, I think this convo started because someone mentioned using some max performance tires in the winter. good effing luck with wide tires & rwd. your all seasons are "okay" for most of our winters, I'm sure as snow removal is solid here- but id bet money theres quite a few days each winter the last few years that you'd have been better suited with real snows. I'm in the same mindset as you that most people think omg you have to have a 4x4 here. I disagree - someone with a jeep compass and all season tires is arguably no better equipped than a 2wheel drive car with proper snow tires - you can drive pretty much whatever you want here.

edit: also you know the correct answer is sticky tires in the summer, and use wanting snows as a way to justify buying another set of wheels :P
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2023, 11:11 AM   #2300
KCuv
Platinum Member
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-08-2023, 11:27 AM   #2301
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:

Is that from your CA? If so, they should be able to provide you with actual information on the status of your car. If that text is not from your CA, you need to reach out to them and ask for a VIR.

If its on a ahip, they should be able to tell you which one and the projected port arrival date (this of course can vary/change due to over crowding at the ports for both entry, docking and offloading.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 11:31 AM   #2302
KCuv
Platinum Member
Rep

Quote:
Is that from your CA? If so, they should be able to provide you with actual information on the status of your car. If that text is not from your CA, you need to reach out to them and ask for a VIR.

If its on a ahip, they should be able to tell you which one and the projected port arrival date (this of course can vary/change due to over crowding at the ports for both entry, docking and offloading.
this is my CA and this message is to the same tune of any feedback I've gotten thus far.

She's super nice and helpful, I really like her - but I wasn't sure before this forum how much they should/shouldn't know, I assumed they were in the dark as much as I am

edit: for more context - my car finished production on 7/5, still sits in "final assembly" and zero change since then that I'm aware of
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 11:45 AM   #2303
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
this is my CA and this message is to the same tune of any feedback I've gotten thus far.

She's super nice and helpful, I really like her - but I wasn't sure before this forum how much they should/shouldn't know, I assumed they were in the dark as much as I am

edit: for more context - my car finished production on 7/5, still sits in "final assembly" and zero change since then that I'm aware of
Maybe nice, but surely incompetent. This info is all shared with her. They can absolutely see if your car is on a boat, which specific boat, and ETA to your local port. Takes her 2 seconds to check for you. If they expect it by month end, it has to be on a boat considering it takes up to a month in ship transit.
My CA does the same thing and says he “checks every day”, but I have found every update on my own at least a week before he knew.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 11:48 AM   #2304
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

She does have access to the most accurate and up-to-date information (as opposed to NA, the Genius or the web tracker. Ask her to run a VIR (Vehicle Information Report) and send you the screenshots. That is the current and accurate information.

Until your car geta on a ahip, the delivery date is a complete unknown. Once it is on the ahip, you can track its itinerary by the name of the ship its on (she should be able to provide this to you) and track its progression to get a beat estimate on timing (as affected by the issues a previously mentioned).
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 12:06 PM   #2305
KCuv
Platinum Member
Rep

Thanks fellas - I'm going to the dealer for that M Town tour thing Saturday, I'll make someone run one when I'm there.

There's no way its on a boat now, its just sitting there looking all cute, being neglected, in a third world country
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 12:40 PM   #2306
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks fellas - I'm going to the dealer for that M Town tour thing Saturday, I'll make someone run one when I'm there.

There's no way its on a boat now, its just sitting there looking all cute, being neglected, in a third world country

You may have trouble getting the VIR from anyone but your CA (possibly check with the sales manager or inventory manager if your CA isn't available). I would personally text/email/call her now and ask her to run the report and show you screen shots.

Friday my car was showing at port...today it is documented on a ship teetering the open seas between Brunswick and Jacksonville.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 02:57 PM   #2307
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You may have trouble getting the VIR from anyone but your CA (possibly check with the sales manager or inventory manager if your CA isn't available). I would personally text/email/call her now and ask her to run the report and show you screen shots.

Friday my car was showing at port...today it is documented on a ship teetering the open seas between Brunswick and Jacksonville.
Dumb@as is high or lost, possibly both. Glovis Sirius was originally scheduled to arrive in Baltimore today, 08/08.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
rcouchh2360.00
      08-08-2023, 03:29 PM   #2308
Sethhboii
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Dumb@as is high or lost, possibly both. Glovis Sirius was originally scheduled to arrive in Baltimore today, 08/08.
Grand Choice has been pushed back like 4 times, I know the port is crowded rn but shit lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 04:02 PM   #2309
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethhboii View Post
Grand Choice has been pushed back like 4 times, I know the port is crowded rn but shit lol.
I stopped following Grand Choice since my client’s car is off the coast of Jacksonville with M_Power Rob’s G87 on an apparent booze cruise.

Last edited by T_U_D; 08-08-2023 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
Sethhboii1315.50
      08-08-2023, 04:04 PM   #2310
Sethhboii
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
I stopped following Grand Choice since my client’s car is off the coast of Jacksonville with Rob’s G87 on an apparent booze cruise.
I don’t blame you 😂
Appreciate 0