EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

Closed Thread

09-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #67
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
Just wow at some of the close minded comments in this thread.
some people will never leave their own backyard unless they are told by the whole world that it's an ok thing to do.
while i understand and appreciate certain kits for performance enhancement as seen on race/track cars, the recent trend is entirely form over function. People lessen the factory performance which I personally dislike but it is cool if you are into that.

Price, fanboizm and looks are a separate discussion and I wouldn't generalize about the group on here.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #68
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
while i understand and appreciate certain kits for performance enhancement as seen on race/track cars, the recent trend is entirely form over function. People lessen the factory performance which I personally dislike but it is cool if you are into that.

Price, fanboizm and looks are a separate discussion and I wouldn't generalize about the group on here.
Oh, trust me, I totally understand the bagged fad, I myself drive my car that low and wide and track it monthly.

I also don't hate on guys who are "hard parkers" because thats their thing, they just want a wide agressive looking car, they aren't in it for track bragging rights. it's just a style not a functional thing. it's been around in Japan for ages. but when it hits the US we decided we need to hate on it and talk smack.
      09-14-2015, 05:26 PM   #69
bluekn8286
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 BMW M3 Dinan S1

No, no, and NO!!!!!!! Probably one of the worst M4 wide body designs I have ever seen. I really don't like the liberty walk stuff; the effort could be utilized elsewhere to do much more useful and custom work!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 05:42 PM   #70
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

If I was going wide body for whatever reason, it certainly wouldn't be a SLAP ON job like the LW kit, which I would consider the ultimate in slap on kits. Definitely a fad look that reached its peak with the E92 M3, but now it's like putting tacky spinners on your car...maybe worse...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 05:58 PM   #71
mrduder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I wouldn't mind a wide body like that if you couldn't see all the rivets and it was just part of the actual body. it looks ridiculous like that.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #72
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
some people will never leave their own backyard unless they are told by the whole world that it's an ok thing to do.
You probably already know this, but here is a good read, mainly for the rest to somewhat get the idea
on why theres a love it or hate it situation going on in here.

Makes this thread almost a... automotive social experiment.

After reading this, you'll find a lot of these opinionated remarks fairly... hysterical. Hence why most of the guys from the "scene" who share the same understanding /dimension we do... kind of stopped voicing their opinion.

-
-
-
-
-
-

- Source

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 09:26 PM   #73
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS
Having taste is not close minded.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #74
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS
it's just a style not a functional thing. it's been around in Japan for ages. but when it hits the US we decided we need to hate on it and talk smack.
So let me get this straight....because we think something is ugly and hideous looking, we are all haters? I'm sorry, but that's the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a long, long time. Yeah, we get it, it's "a look". That doesn't mean it's not hideous.
Appreciate 2
      09-15-2015, 01:35 AM   #75
m3rxn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: boosted Inline 6's

Not a fan but to each there own
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 11:19 AM   #76
F80M
Major
Rep
Drives: M Fap

Liberty Cries
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2015, 11:47 AM   #77
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor@ONEighty View Post
We asked our good friend Jerry Alvarez to render up a vision of the 2015 BMW ///M4 featuring a Liberty Walk widebody kit and Laguna Seca Blue paint. Few weeks later, here's the result. You can find more of his outstanding work on his deviantART account here: http://jadesigns75.deviantart.com/

What do you think?

BUTT UGLY!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #78
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80M View Post

Liberty Cries

Liberty Ends
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 12:43 PM   #79
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
I do appreciate the kit as someones form of expression and I do appreciate people doing new and different things. However, I am entitled to my opinion and I am allowed to feel and say something is ugly or why I don't like it.

Reasons why I personally would not install a Liberty Walk kit. (This is not a critique of those who do)

Performance:
The m3 from the factory is a great driving car. Status buyers aside, people buy m3's for their performance and driving enjoyment. They are great performing cars out of the box. Liberty walk cars sacrifice factory performance for looks. Most m3 buyers will not understand or appreciate that aspect of overly exaggerated wide body kits.

Looks:
The LB m4 kit looks very tacked on. While I fit into the camp above and like to modify my cars to enhance factory performance and driving pleasure vs sacrificing it , I do think a few of the LB kits look cool but I think the m4 kit looks terrible. I just do not like it on the m4. The m4 factory lines just do not mesh with the rivet on kit at all. Rivet on kits by nature are supposed to look tacked on but the m4 just looks wrong.

Price:
the above issues make price irrelevant to me. You couldn't pay me to install it.

Trendy:
You say that people with standard bodied cars are followers but I believe most of the LB owners are followers. They are not charting new territory or inventing anything revolutionary by cutting and installing these fenders. They are just building instagram builds.
Appreciate 4
Closed Thread