BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications

09-11-2024, 11:12 AM   #1
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2 BSM

Dinan X-Pipe & MAD Axle Back - AWESOME!

Just had the Dinan X-Pipe & MAD axle back installed (Pop's Garage in Manchester - great shop!)

First - everything fit together perfectly.
Second - the MAD exhaust looks spectacular with the large stainless tips. And no visible udder hanging under the car!!
Third - Dinan & MAD, just awesome quality. There is absolutely nothing to second guess or worry about here. These are top-notch goods, folks! Even the exhaust shop that installed it commented on the quality of the MAD axle-back.

And last but not least - what an incredible difference in sound! This combo is louder (not Earth shatteringly so) & WAY deeper. You can feel this exhaust!

No raspy, tinny bullshit, no drone - silky smooth, deep exhaust. Burbles have a really awesome tone, too.

If you're thinking of getting the Dinan XPipe or MAD exhaust, feel confident in pulling the trigger. Fit and finish, sound - everything is just incredible. And you can't beat the price. Seriously need to ask yourself why you'd pay more.

I'll do a sound clip later today and post a link. Hopefully how deep the growl is will come across in the video.

Don't have a clip of the OEM exhaust. There are plenty of those out there, plus you have your own.

Also, I have the SST valve controller installed so I can open the valves 100%.

Lastly, I did not receive any incentives , not affiliated with Dinan or MAD. Just a dude giving his 1/2 a cent's worth of an opinion. I also bought the MAD cold air intake & that is also really nice, well made - looks great under da hood. I wouldn't hesitate one bit buying anything they make.
Attached Images

2024 M2 | BSM | 6SPD | Port-Installed M Perf HAS | MAD Axle-back Exhaust | MAD CAI with blue filters | Dinan Midpipe | Richland Forged RF-GT3R Wheels Brushed Competition Gold & machined face | AudioControl D-6.1200 Amp & DSP | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & Rear | Morel BMW-Specific Subwoofers | Lots of neat interior upgrades!

Last edited by MASHCT; 09-11-2024 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 2
      09-11-2024, 11:59 AM   #2
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2 Toronto Red 6MT

Sound clips please, this is the setup I am thinking about!!! Probably a little weight savings as well as the OEM silencer is like a boat anchor
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 03:54 PM   #3
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Perfection
Appreciate 1
MASHCT1154.00
      09-11-2024, 04:19 PM   #4
reallymarkedup
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2025 M2 status 165

I'm just mad that you have your own lift.

Appreciate 1
Mr. Hankey1473.50
      09-11-2024, 05:33 PM   #5
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
Sound clips please, this is the setup I am thinking about!!! Probably a little weight savings as well as the OEM silencer is like a boat anchor
I didn't weigh the OEM exhaust, but estimate the new stuff to be about 56 lbs. I weighed each piece but I had to use my finger tips to hold it steady which likely removed a few lbs - but it is definitely lighter than stock.

I'll mention you in the post when I get the vids done & link up.
2024 M2 | BSM | 6SPD | Port-Installed M Perf HAS | MAD Axle-back Exhaust | MAD CAI with blue filters | Dinan Midpipe | Richland Forged RF-GT3R Wheels Brushed Competition Gold & machined face | AudioControl D-6.1200 Amp & DSP | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & Rear | Morel BMW-Specific Subwoofers | Lots of neat interior upgrades!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 05:45 PM   #6
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallymarkedup View Post
I'm just mad that you have your own lift.
No, not my own lift... I had it installed at a local exhaust specialty shop that's been around a long time & a great bunch of people. The dude who installed this even did a tack weld to minimize risk of rattle/loosening.

I was gonna do it myself but I couldn't get the car to a comfortable height with stands & ramps so I opted to get it installed. $650 if you're curious.
Appreciate 2
      09-11-2024, 06:30 PM   #7
reallymarkedup
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHCT View Post
No, not my own lift... I had it installed at a local exhaust specialty shop that's been around a long time & a great bunch of people. The dude who installed this even did a tack weld to minimize risk of rattle/loosening.
Oh okay, I'm slightly less jealous then.

Quote:
I was gonna do it myself but I couldn't get the car to a comfortable height with stands & ramps so I opted to get it installed. $650 if you're curious.
Good to know, I'm planning an axle back and the MAD is on the short list. Just...need...my car first
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 07:06 PM   #8
gondolafanclub
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

dinan is one of the few ive seen that doesnt get rid of the cats in the midpipe, i wasnt considering theirs for that reason alone
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 07:43 PM   #9
tubingchamp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondolafanclub View Post
dinan is one of the few ive seen that doesnt get rid of the cats in the midpipe, i wasnt considering theirs for that reason alone
??

The midpipes don't usually get rid of cats on our cars, because they're up with the downpipes
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 07:44 PM   #10
tubingchamp
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Just had the Dinan X-Pipe & MAD axle back installed (Pop's Garage in Manchester - great shop!)

First - everything fit together perfectly.
Second - the MAD exhaust looks spectacular with the large stainless tips. And no visible udder hanging under the car!!
Third - Dinan & MAD, just awesome quality. There is absolutely nothing to second guess or worry about here. These are top-notch goods, folks! Even the exhaust shop that installed it commented on the quality of the MAD axle-back.

And last but not least - what an incredible difference in sound! This combo is louder (not Earth shatteringly so) & WAY deeper. You can feel this exhaust!

No raspy, tinny bullshit, no drone - silky smooth, deep exhaust. Burbles have a really awesome tone, too.

If you're thinking of getting the Dinan XPipe or MAD exhaust, feel confident in pulling the trigger. Fit and finish, sound - everything is just incredible. And you can't beat the price. Seriously need to ask yourself why you'd pay more.

I'll do a sound clip later today and post a link. Hopefully how deep the growl is will come across in the video.

Don't have a clip of the OEM exhaust. There are plenty of those out there, plus you have your own.

Also, I have the SST valve controller installed so I can open the valves 100%.

Lastly, I did not receive any incentives , not affiliated with Dinan or MAD. Just a dude giving his 1/2 a cent's worth of an opinion. I also bought the MAD cold air intake & that is also really nice, well made - looks great under da hood. I wouldn't hesitate one bit buying anything they make.
Post the link!!!! My finger is right on the checkout button for the catback (have the midpipe already)
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 07:53 PM   #11
gondolafanclub
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubingchamp View Post
??

The midpipes don't usually get rid of cats on our cars, because they're up with the downpipes
there are 2 sets of cats and a lot of the midpipe options bolt on there so they remove the secondary cats and the resonators
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Mr. Hankey1473.50
      09-11-2024, 08:21 PM   #12
tubingchamp
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondolafanclub View Post
there are 2 sets of cats and a lot of the midpipe options bolt on there so they remove the secondary cats and the resonators
Oooo I see.........

So there is another set of cats up above as well? Is this in NA or just OPF regions
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 08:32 PM   #13
gondolafanclub
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oooo I see.........

So there is another set of cats up above as well? Is this in NA or just OPF regions
not sure about this but yes there are cats built into the downpipes with the o2 sensors
the diagram refers to both sets as cats but im not sure if theres a difference for opf or if the diagram im looking at is just a NA model
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Mr. Hankey1473.50
      09-11-2024, 09:16 PM   #14
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh okay, I'm slightly less jealous then.

Good to know, I'm planning an axle back and the MAD is on the short list. Just...need...my car first
It is pretty painful ... the wait. I found it an easier burden to bear by buying all of the mods & things I knew I'd need (like the radiator protector grilles) during the wait.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 09:17 PM   #15
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
??

There are secondary cats on the G87 M2, after the downpipes. I wanted to leave those in place, which is why I specifically chose the Dinan.
Appreciate 1
Mr. Hankey1473.50
      09-11-2024, 09:18 PM   #16
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Post the link!!!! My finger is right on the checkout button for the catback (have the midpipe already)
Here you go, bub!!

https://mad-us.com/mad-bmw-m2-g87-s5...-back-exhaust/
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 09:19 PM   #17
reallymarkedup
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It is pretty painful ... the wait. I found it an easier burden to bear by buying all of the mods & things I knew I'd need (like the radiator protector grilles) during the wait.
Yep, the zunsport was the first thing I bought. I've also got floor mats, the TRE rear spoiler, my new radar detector, HAS is being port installed, and I will probably wait until spring for the wheels. I hear ya!
Appreciate 1
MASHCT1154.00
      09-11-2024, 09:27 PM   #18
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yep, the zunsport was the first thing I bought. I've also got floor mats, the TRE rear spoiler, my new radar detector, HAS is being port installed, and I will probably wait until spring for the wheels. I hear ya!
You're really gonna like the port installed HAS kit. While I have nothing to compare to, I think the ride is great & the look is really nice. Perfect stance. I honestly think the port went lower than 10mm drop.

FYI, you may notice scraping over speed bumps or the slight curbing at the entrance of a driveway. This is just these plastic air-flow directors under the car. In my post about the HAS kit, I circled them. I am gonna remove maybe 3/4" off of them with a dremel & hopefully that will stop it. They hang down pretty far.

And you're gonna want to remove the vent vanes from the wheel well trim piece & install a flat grille over the open hole, especially if you go for wider wheels &/or tires in the front. You will get some rubbing on those.

https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2109190
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2024, 09:52 PM   #19
tubingchamp
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Noooo, I mean the link to the sound clip!!!

Have a Canadian supplier for the axle back, just need to hear it... Lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2024, 08:22 AM   #20
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Here is a link to the sound clip. Read description for details.

Video with M2 settings enable will be uploaded later.

tubingchamp
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2024, 08:48 AM   #21
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
You're really gonna like the port installed HAS kit. While I have nothing to compare to, I think the ride is great & the look is really nice. Perfect stance. I honestly think the port went lower than 10mm drop.

FYI, you may notice scraping over speed bumps or the slight curbing at the entrance of a driveway. This is just these plastic air-flow directors under the car. In my post about the HAS kit, I circled them. I am gonna remove maybe 3/4" off of them with a dremel & hopefully that will stop it. They hang down pretty far.

And you're gonna want to remove the vent vanes from the wheel well trim piece & install a flat grille over the open hole, especially if you go for wider wheels &/or tires in the front. You will get some rubbing on those.

https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2109190

I am not a fan at all with the M Performance suspension aka HAS. I have already purchased Ohlins Road & Track to replace it. The HAS is junk at higher speeds (yes, I am running a stage 2 tune on e40, and no, I am not and have no plans to track the car). Its a stability issue, especially if using a drag radial or track/race tire (Nittos, Toyos, Cup RS, etc). If I could do over, would definitely be a hard pass on the HAS
Appreciate 1
Mr. Hankey1473.50
      09-12-2024, 09:12 AM   #22
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2 Toronto Red 6MT

Quote:
Here is a link to the sound clip. Read description for details.

Video with M2 settings enable will be uploaded later.

tubingchamp
Thanks!!
Appreciate 2
MASHCT1154.00
jay1k282.50