BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Exterior Modifications

01-05-2024, 08:48 AM   #23
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonigt View Post
I was thinking of getting the zunsport as well.

How was the install of the screws into the plastic? Did they screw in easily?

Also, is it easy to uninstall and install the screws into the same hole after taking it out?
Screwing into the plastic is easy. I haven't removed it so I can't comment about the screws going back into the same holes and holding tight. I have thought about it though and may make a slit in the plastic then attach a u-nut for the screws to screw into.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 11:01 AM   #24
tsn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
Screwing into the plastic is easy. I haven't removed it so I can't comment about the screws going back into the same holes and holding tight. I have thought about it though and may make a slit in the plastic then attach a u-nut for the screws to screw into.
No danger for damage when inserting screws? There is nothing above you can hit with the screms?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 12:48 PM   #25
M2BOT
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonigt View Post
I was thinking of getting the zunsport as well.

How was the install of the screws into the plastic? Did they screw in easily?

Also, is it easy to uninstall and install the screws into the same hole after taking it out?
Zunsport installed very easily. Screwing into the plastic was easy as well. We’ll see how long it holds but the majority of it is held with the 2 stock front bolts so even if the plastic screws fail it’s unlikely to go anywhere. I still check occasionally.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 12:48 PM   #26
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_sn View Post
No danger for damage when inserting screws? There is nothing above you can hit with the screms?
Not that I'n aware of, but also haven't removed the plastic under tray to check.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 12:39 PM   #27
turnsignalslol
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 G87 M2

Hey yall, the skid plate arrived earlier than expected, just fit it to my car just now using a daytona 3 ton low profile long range jack and 2 rhino ramps. You can use the front center jack point to lift the car unlike the F87 if you have stock suspension. Super simple install, took around an hour and looks mint! Here's the link to Mishimoto's guide that I used to install it.

I used my Milwaukee 3/8 impact ratchet paired with an extension and 10mm socket and the process was super easy. Just be sure you don't overtorque the oem black 10mm screws as they strip easily (had first hand experience of this on my F87). You should have 7 of the oem 10mm screws left after the install since Mishimoto provides some of their own screws for the front part of the skid plate.
Attached Images

Past: 2022 330i RWD
2020 M2 Competition DCT

Last edited by turnsignalslol; 01-07-2024 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 1