E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Fräulein 2

06-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
kaijones34
PharmD E93
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i

Fräulein 2

This will be the build thread for my E93. Things will probably be a little slow over the next year (okay, maybe not), but after I finish school they should pick up.

My first car, a 1991 Alpine White 525i, never had a name. After I wrecked that one, rolling it three times into the woods, the top was cut off and replaced as well as the passenger's door and driver's side mirror, all from a black donor car. (Yes, I did have a "convertible" E34 for a few days). For the few weeks before the car was painted, my mom decided to name the car Spot since it look like a dog with a black spot on one eye and the opposite ear black.

My second car, a 1997 Alpine White 528i, was named by my mom a few days after I got it; Fräulein. I was never keen on naming my cars, but I thought Spot was humorous and Fräulein was actually a very thoughtful name and I liked it as well.

So, as a small tribute to my mom, I've decided the E93 should maintain the the Fräulein name, can't let a unique idea go to waste now.

The morning after bringing her home:

First mod was installing DTEC V7 LED angel eye bulbs and GP Thunder fogs:

Next up, a JB4 G5 and SmartTop module:

Some of you may recall that the increased boost from the JB4 finished breaking the mounting point in the middle of my chargepipe, which had apparently been pressed down at some point in the car's life, and it is now not able to stay on with the couplings alone. My ER chargepipe will be here tomorrow.

Currently, the car is waiting for the return of the headlights from getting the OSS treatment. Rings only, no blackout, paint, or corner modifications. I have painted reflectors on the way as well to put on while the bumper is off and extremely easy to do:

6/28/14 update. ER chargepipe installed today. Very happy to have full power back after a couple of weeks!

GP Thunder on left, WeissLicht on the right. Much happier with LEDs.

Possible future mods include:
-Tint
-Vinyl wrap trim; gloss, semi-gloss, or matte. Can't decide.
-Shadowline kidney grills
-Wheels
-1M front bumper
-M3 rear bumper
-Techno Violet respray
-Forge DVs
-DCI
-DPs
-FMIC
-Meth

I'll update the thread as things get done or there are other notable events!
JB4/ER CP
OSS/painted reflectors/white LED turn signals/LED fogs/SmartTop

Last edited by kaijones34; 07-03-2014 at 09:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
nb335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i

Great looking car. How do you like the GP thunder fogs? I'm looking for a replacement for my OEM. Also, I gotta ask, what does Fräulein mean?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
kaijones34
PharmD E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb335i View Post
Great looking car. How do you like the GP thunder fogs? I'm looking for a replacement for my OEM. Also, I gotta ask, what does Fräulein mean?
Thanks! The meaning has changed over time. Frau used to describe royal women in Germany, and fräulein their daughters. I think more recently, frau describes a married woman and fräulein an unmarried woman, kind of like Mrs. and Ms. are used here. These days fräulein is more of a term of endearment, like we would use the terms hottie, cutie, sweetie, baby, etc. Like those terms, fräulein can be kind of offensive if used with a woman you don't know. It's been years since I had looked it all up when my mom suggested it as the name of my E39 (her description was that it meant "beautiful woman", so she was pretty dang close). If someone has a better understanding of the origin and how it has changed over the years, I'm sure they will correct me.

As for the GP Thunder fogs...I'm not sure. I actually haven't paid a lot of attention to them at night. During the day I noticed after installing that the light didn't fill out the lens very well, it was localized more to the bulb, not reflecting very well. Projector upgrades and/or HID conversion would probably be my preference, but I will rarely have them on so I'm not sold on doing that just yet.
JB4/ER CP
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
kaijones34
PharmD E93
Rep

Chargepipe installed today, picture above. I definitely missed the engines full strength.
JB4/ER CP
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #5
kaijones34
PharmD E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb335i View Post
Post updated with GP Thunder vs WeissLicht fogs for you to compare. Worth the extra money for the LEDs if you ask me.
JB4/ER CP
Appreciate 0