E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Performance parts for diesel cars

07-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #1
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Performance parts for diesel cars

My ignorance....

I know that they are many performance parts for 325i/ 330i/ 335i but wonders if bmw makes any performance parts for diesel cars....

I am looking at
- better exhaust
- performance steering wheel

And any other performance parts which may help.

Also, what is the difference b.w M3 brakes and 335i/ d brakes?
My car has same brakes as 335d brakes.

Thanks.
      07-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
col2611
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-Sport

As far as I am aware, all the steering wheels are the same petrol or diesel. Unless there's something your coding knowledge knows? Which wheel are you looking at? The one with change lights? Surely that depends on rev counter as you can for it to non M cars and it works.

A quick look on eBay has found a performance exhaust for 318d and 320d E91
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=171150343052
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
col2611
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-Sport

The BMW Performance silencer system not only gives your BMW a particularly characterful sound, it also reduces exhaust back pressure for better engine performance. The visible manifestation of these hidden qualities is the purist design of the chrome-plated stainless steel dual tailpipes. It is available for six-cylinder petrol engines as well as four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines. All systems are individually developed for the specific requirements of different engine dimensions and perfectly matched to the corresponding characteristics.

Quote from BMW's website. Surely they make one for the 6 cylinder diesels
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 lci 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by col2611
The BMW Performance silencer system not only gives your BMW a particularly characterful sound, it also reduces exhaust back pressure for better engine performance. The visible manifestation of these hidden qualities is the purist design of the chrome-plated stainless steel dual tailpipes. It is available for six-cylinder petrol engines as well as four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines. All systems are individually developed for the specific requirements of different engine dimensions and perfectly matched to the corresponding characteristics.

Quote from BMW's website. Surely they make one for the 6 cylinder diesels
Im sure diesels require no back pressure so does'nt make much of a difference, uve got a 320d and the orevious iwner had the 335 conversion done and its got a nice sound to it so imaging on a 6 cylinder would sound even better
      07-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

take a look at supersprint they have some useful exhaust bits namely the pipe which deletes the reasonator box which seems a totally unnecessary part and which on the 335d at least seems to sharpen throttle response
Appreciate 0