E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Access to heater core ?

07-25-2014, 08:21 AM   #1
radeohedca
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i

Access to heater core ?

I'm about to change the squeeky/rattly blower for my HVAC. The DIY procedure looks simple enough. While I'm at it I'd like to try and clean the A/C evaporator in attempt to get rid of that familiar barn smell.
Does anyone know where the evap is located and whether it will be accessible when I have the duct work for the blower off ?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
X_Drive
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: E46, E91, F21

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeohedca
I'm about to change the squeeky/rattly blower for my HVAC. The DIY procedure looks simple enough. While I'm at it I'd like to try and clean the A/C evaporator in attempt to get rid of that familiar barn smell.
Does anyone know where the evap is located and whether it will be accessible when I have the duct work for the blower off ?

Thanks.
The blower is easy. To access the evap entirely, the dash will have to come out. There is lots of products out there that will rid your AC from that fresh hockey smell
Appreciate 0