E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2006 330i sport/prem: how do I change to Angel Eyes as Daytime running lights

07-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #1
bcolins
Wildwestrider
Rep
Drives: E83, R1200GS, ,

2006 330i sport/prem: how do I change to Angel Eyes as Daytime running lights

I've done several searches,...reading for hours and seems like there are a great number of approaches here to doing this, not sure if its because of different year/configuration of cars, or,......if some of the threads are really old, and the procedures for doing this have changed/been improved.

I have an 06 330i 6mt with sport and premium packages, I have the Factory angel eyes and active Xenon set up.

If I want to ditch my orange corner markers and have only my angel eyes on for DRLs,.....what is the best (easiest? cheapest?). Would like this to happen automatically upon start up as well if possible.

Thanks,
BC in Austin
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 03:18 AM   #2
bcolins
Wildwestrider
Rep
Drives: E83, R1200GS, ,

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 03:51 AM   #3
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

either install the daeos/vista DRL harness, or retrofit FRM2 or FRM3
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 04:04 AM   #4
BOOSTLEE
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, Ducati 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolins View Post
I've done several searches,...reading for hours and seems like there are a great number of approaches here to doing this, not sure if its because of different year/configuration of cars, or,......if some of the threads are really old, and the procedures for doing this have changed/been improved.

I have an 06 330i 6mt with sport and premium packages, I have the Factory angel eyes and active Xenon set up.

If I want to ditch my orange corner markers and have only my angel eyes on for DRLs,.....what is the best (easiest? cheapest?). Would like this to happen automatically upon start up as well if possible.

Thanks,
BC in Austin
for an 06, the only way to have AE as DRL, you will need this harness http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/4007157...2<br /> <br /> or you can DIY for just a couple of bucks,

the mod bug will never end ha ha......
you will find that the ugly yellow OEM AE are very dim and not too good for DRL, next upgrade LED AE

you will need to have your car coded for the corner delete, best bet is to find someone local that can code, lots of people on this forum that can do coding for a small fee; I'll do it for free if you were local to me
DIY here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451145, but it's a major headache if you don't know what you're doing

hope this help GL

Last edited by BOOSTLEE; 07-30-2014 at 05:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 07:18 AM   #5
GarlicBread
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M4 ZCP

Like others have said you need a harness or if you don't want to bother just shut off your drls and flip your headlight switch to parking lights during the day. Coding would be a good thing to get to learn how to do
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 07:35 AM   #6
e90Cam
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicBread View Post
Like others have said you need a harness or if you don't want to bother just shut off your drls and flip your headlight switch to parking lights during the day. Coding would be a good thing to get to learn how to do
+1 for coding
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolins View Post

Thanks,
BC in Austin

As other have said, code out corner amber lights and turn the light switch to daytime running lights when you drive. This is probably the easiest way.
Appreciate 0