E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Anyone feel like giving me a quote for bodywork? :(

07-28-2014, 03:43 AM   #1
Kuroblack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

Anyone feel like giving me a quote for bodywork? :(

Well, a moment of lapsed concentration and my bumper is severely bruised!

Low speed impact this morning, I clouted a white van directly from behind. Unfortunately it had one of those pretruding metal steps, which has split my bumper just under the number plate, the left side vane if that makes sense.

Slightly gutted

Amateurish inspection shows that all functions still seems to work, water jets etc. The impact was several inches below the PDC sensors, so they should be ok. I have no warning lights on or anything, and everything mechanical behind there seems fine, no leaks or anything.

In fact, it seems to be cosmetic, the bumper is split, my towing eye is missing, and I've got some smashed bits of plastic just behind the black grills at the bottom.

So, just to fuel my uncertainty, anyone feel like guessing at a repair cost?

Do any main dealers repair on site these days, I have a real bee in my bonnet about third parties using my car, not knowing where it is etc. (paraniod I know!)

Thanks all
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 04:24 AM   #2
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Depends on your definition of "clout".

Clout to me would imply the bumper shock absorbers will have done their job and will need replacing.

It's it was just a nudge, then you're probably ok on that front.

Second hand bumper £100

Remove old one, repaint new one and refit, circa £350.

Bumper shocks - no idea on cost, but the main steel bumper carrier will need to be removed to get to them I'd imagine.

Assume the radiator and A/C stuff isn't damaged if it's had a van step shoved into the front of the car?